Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus get together?

1235»

Comments

• ...and he was quick!

-Steely Dan, Hey Nineteen
    -Diana Krall, Temptation
    -Mighty Echoes, Under The Boardwalk
    -Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Lone Ranger theme
    -Tina Turner, What's Love Got To Do With It
    -Alice In Chains, Nutshell
    -Bruno Mars, Uptown Funk
    -Knife Part, Bonfire

I have a signature.
  • edited September 2022

Goodness! Is the craftsmanship at this show out of the ordinary or is this the standard for DIY events now? There's some pretty outstanding work around that room.

• Reason I'm asking is I can't remember all of them. I know there was some Steely Dan, Bruno Mars, that dubstep cut I've heard before, but I can't recall the others- and they are what I used over the course of the day.

Thanks, JR!

• Richard- you'll find the quality has gotten better over the last couple years, cabinetry included. I think Marv had the only naked MDF pair.
    What really caught your eye?
    I'm certain it comes from all of us that brought projects; Thanks, Richard!

• edited September 2022

@Wolf said:
    Richard- you'll find the quality has gotten better over the last couple years, cabinetry included. I think Marv had the only naked MDF pair.
    What really caught your eye?
    I'm certain it comes from all of us that brought projects; Thanks, Richard!

I was mainly caught be the overall quality across the room. The Minions are nuts, of course. At risk of missing some gems, there are a couple pairs of towers, the Purveyors, the Epique MTM's, the waveguide & passive radiator thingys and Ani's laminated cabs all look great in the photos.

Seems a long way from the days when the unfinished MDF left sawdust on the Grinnell stage.

• A lot of times pictures just don't do justice to super high quality projects with great wood working and fantastic finishes. Unfortunately the flip side is also true where bad looking paint jobs with seams and end grain showing look pretty good in pictures... there were both last weekend. IMHO sometimes naked MDF looks way better than piss poor finishes. Just saying

Bryan@MACTurn2
  • You guys probably never notice since I usually sit in the first row, but I close my eyes during the house track. Aesthetics mean nothing to me when the tunes are playing. There have been numerous naked MDF projects that have turned into successful kits. Some have crossed over into commercial land. In our DIY world there's a level playing field where you'll get honest feedback whether your project is naked or dressed to the nines. Been there, done that. Pics are pics. You can't hear pics.

Steve_Lee
    My signature goes here