Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus get together?

Comments

• Looks like I am going to make it this year!

PWRRYDDanP
  • I'm finally booked - at the Radisson right by Meniscus. The Holiday Inn where the event will be held was a little to rich for my blood. I'll be staying Friday and Saturday night, though I may be indisposed for part of Saturday evening. Anyone else staying at the Radisson?

• Craig and I are splitting a suite.

DanP
    I have a signature.
  • Unfortunately I will not likely be able to attend even though we are cohosting. New baby on the way due next week and I don't think momma will take too kindly to me leaving for 2 days to go drink and listen to speakers.

• Damn it man! No excuses, you're not the one giving birth. You get your ass to Grand Rapids!
    Just kidding. Congratulations. I'll see ya at the next one. You're coming to Iowa since you're missing Grand Rapids, right? Lol

PWRRYDSteve_Lee
  • My thrifty self will be crashing at the Holiday Inn Express in Wyoming, MI... Just funny to me that such a place name exists. Room is booked for Friday and Saturday Night.

• edited September 2022

How far away and how much cheaper is it Keith? Just thinking forward to next year.

• @PWRRYD said:
    How far away and how much cheaper is it Keith? Just thinking forward to next year.

Craig, it's really not bad. Google says 11 minute drive, 8 miles. The rate was basically $150 per night, vs. the $250 per night that the downtown hotels wanted.

• Plans changed. I am going to be there Friday. Spend the night and head to Leelanau peninsula for the rest of the weekend.

I was planning on bringing my newest build, a 12" 2 way speaker. But with the space it will take up I am wondering if I will have time to demo it Friday? Is it worth hauling biggish speakers around with me all weekend?

• Bummer, I won't be there till saturday.

• Anyone from the east side of michigan going to be there? I have a set of speakers that I could leave for Saturday if I can find a way to return them too me.

• @duanebro said:
    Anyone from the east side of michigan going to be there? I have a set of speakers that I could leave for Saturday if I can find a way to return them too me.

How big are the speakers? I'll be headed back to Novi on Sunday, but in a Honda Civic hatchback so space could be an issue depending on what I bring.

• I'm from the suburban Detroit area and am planning to drive in Saturday morning for the day. We may be able to arrange something. How large and heavy are these speakers?

• edited September 2022

30x14x12. Roughly. I live in grand blanc but work in Alburn Hills.

Billet
  • West side here, I'm in Livonia. I'll let you know what I can come up with. My speakers will be in the back seat, trunk will probably be empty. I'll have to measure to see if they would fit.

• @Billet said:
    West side here, I'm in Livonia. I'll let you know what I can come up with. My speakers will be in the back seat, trunk will probably be empty. I'll have to measure to see if they would fit.

I didn't know you were in Livonia - you're right next door to CSS in Plymouth!

• edited September 2022

@DanP said:

I didn't know you were in Livonia - you're right next door to CSS in Plymouth!

Coincidentally, I happened to see CSS Plymouth on a map app just a few days ago. I didn't know you guys had a location there. It is not far at all from Chez Billet.

• Here's hoping you guys have a good weekend.

duanebrojr@macPWRRYDSilver1omokenrhodesBryan@MACScottS
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • What are you sampling?

• Founders in Grand Rapids, Centennial IPA, Red's Rye IPA, Dirty Bastard, Solid Gold, GR Guild Pilsner, Oktoberfest, Porter, Velvet Rush.

• That Centennial is my favorite IPA, but its pretty high-test. Over 7% IIRC.

I have a signature.
  • You are correct

jr@macPWRRYD
  • Im excited about this year.

I have a signature.
  • Looks like a great selection of beer. Red's Rye is a classic favorite and Founder's Porter is one of the best.

• @jr@mac said:
    Im excited about this year.

Me too! One week away....

• I fixed my broken car.... so now I just have to put my Tre Stemmes towers back together (finalized crossovers are now built). Nothing like working on a project the week of the GTG.

• Yeah- I have to get the xovers inside the boxes now for the U18/27TAC 'Drottnar' design.

I might fiddle with the Zing2 a smidge. The Peerless DA25 tweeter was less likely to have a chesty sound, but it rolled off slower. This means I might up the series cap a couple uF and see what I think with the 27TBFC. If it's less favorable, I'll leave it as-is.

• Dang John, that's a lot of urine samples, a few look problematic.😛

Steve_Leeugly_woofer
  • My wife tried a few and we were walking back to the hotel.

kenrhodes
  • Just an FYI, Craig and I are sharing a suite at that one hotel - ya'll are welcome Friday night as long as you let us old guys get some sleep before Saturday morning. The suite was somewhat cheaper to split than individual rooms.

Also, I will be there Thursday night so I'll be free but lacking transportation. Not sure who is where on Thursday night.

I have a signature.