Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• edited September 2023

Went to a local vineyard festival before moving on to a free concert today. I swear it seems our area is yet to be discovered. There was barely anyone at the concert. Felt like room temp outside, can't complain. We saw Bee Taylor, and J & the Causeways, but Red Clay Strays is probably finishing up there about now.

jr@mac6thplanettajanesDrummer
  • Close, Just north of Cincinnati.

Vinoklet Vineyard and Winery.
    RiversEdge Amphitheater in Hamilton

Steve_Lee
  • Wow, my query posted in a weird spot. It was in comment to JR. I have no idea what that meant showing orthogonal view of big dome.

• It was a boob joke.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Seems longer than 11 yrs ago for me. Wow time is not on my side.🤷🏻‍♂️

jr@macSteve_Leeugly_woofertajanes6thplanetjholtzkenrhodesNicholas_23DrummerSilver1omoand 1 other.
  • Did you lay the flames out, Brad? If so, I might have a cabinet design in mind...

I have a signature.
  • ...and I'm fairly sure that has '39 Ford headlight trim.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Did you lay the flames out, Brad? If so, I might have a cabinet design in mind...

Yes. It’s been my specialty for 20+ years.

jr@macSteve_LeeDrummer
  • That's awesome, sir!

• Fantastic 3D imagery - the white sections going back looks elevated, and in motion.

• Very impressive!

• You are one seriously talented badass, Brad! I would be scared to death, having a paint job like those, for fear that I would damage it, every time that I went out for a rip. Glenn

• @DrewsBrews said:
    Close, Just north of Cincinnati.

Vinoklet Vineyard and Winery.
    RiversEdge Amphitheater in Hamilton

That's a nice setup, Drew. I used to have in laws in Hamilton. Makes me want a big plate of getta(sp?)
    Glenn

• I just flew back in from Denver after the Troublesomefest gig in Grand Lake. Amazing time all around! The people were incredible, and the crew were top notch pros that all brought their A game. I got to hang with a ton of really cool musicians and met a collection of very interesting and eccentric characters... my kind of people! We opened the show with a brand new tune that Rebekah threw our way 2 weeks before the show. We came up with our parts, ran it twice, then took it to the stage.

jr@macPWRRYDSteve_Lee6thplanetsquamishdroc
  • Hell yeah bro!! You guys rocked that!

Drummer
  • Brad your work is exceptional.

I have a signature.
  • Thanks everyone, I use to love getting up everyday to do those jobs. Not so much anymore.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Man I totally feel that when I get asked if I'm going to race my Mustang this year :o

• Well, are you? 😛

kenrhodesSteve_LeePWRRYD
  • Since I have insomnia again, figured I would let everyone know I am just starting season five of Boardwalk Empire.

I have a signature.
  • Nice backdrop for a music fest!!

Drummer
  • edited September 2023

Colorado was incredible! I didn't want to come home. Hiking at 10-12,000 feet was an eye opener on oxygenation. If we play it again next year, I may take a solo motorcycle ride and screw the plane flight. It was killing me everytime that a bike flew by. Mountain riding is my favorite, by a long shot. Glenn

PWRRYDR-CarpenterDrewsBrewsSteve_Lee
  • edited September 2023

My solo long bike trip in 2012 was the best. I mean it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. It was quite an adventure of ups and downs. But I think I lived more, and learned more about myself, that week than the rest of my 39 years. Every day filled with planning and execution and problems and weird situations. I could write a book about it. Basically I took and EX500 and mostly survived off what I packed on it from Cincinnati out to Yellowstone, then down to the Bonneville salt flats before deciding I want to go home.

If you get the chance. Yes. Do it!

johnny5jztajanesSteve_LeeDrummer
  • I've actually been spinning quite a bit of vinyl lately. Probably more for process enjoyment that direct VS sound quality comparison. I also skip a lot less because getting up is not a thing.

kenrhodestajanes6thplanet
  • I remember a 70s turntable , can't recall the brand, which had a laser or similar in the head-shell and a remote control so that you could skip tracks on an LP.

This would have been ideal for avoiding the Yoko Ono tracks on Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey, but wouldn't work on Sgt Pepper, The Beatles (aka white album) or Abbey Road, which don't have track breaks.

Geoff