Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Modern. It's a Zeiss Sonnar T* 135mm F1.8 ZA with the Minolta "A" mount, sold as a new flagship portrait lens by Sony shortly after they took over Minolta. I used it for wedding photography when I was still using Sony cameras. I'll dig through my archives and see if I can find a shot illustrating the defocusing effect and post it.

R-CarpenterSteve_Lee
  • @OscarJr said:
    How the heck is everyone!? I joined sometime back but kinda disappeared, even though I still have ambition to work on my speaker project, but work took precedent. Lots of stuff happened recently, got laid off in May, just recently found a new job/career that I hope to prosper in for the next few decades!

Welcome back!

• Went to Mecum Monterey today with a couple of buds. $20 entry and a mile from the house so WTH. Never even made it into the auction tent, did make it to the beer tent however. Super chill just wander around check out the cars. ‘T4 Goat 455 tri-power (not factory) but cool. 66 Cheby- love the yellow. Hemi ‘Cuda shaker, Challenger 6-pack. Plum Crazy. Anyway, nice day thought I’d share.

jr@mac6thplanettajanesNicholas_23Silver1omo4thtrysquamishdroc
  • Steve_Leeugly_wooferkenrhodesjr@mac6thplanetR-CarpenterjhollanderNicholas_23Silver1omo4thtryand 1 other.
  • Cheers to everyone that has a car worth hand washing🤘🏼

ugly_wooferS7910tajanesSteve_LeeNicholas_234thtrykenrhodesR-Carpentersquamishdroc
  • Saturn badge still gets me and makes me giggle

6thplanet
  • That really is a clean looking car (not just biz u washed it)

6thplanet
  • Trying to relocate a groundhog .... checked the live trap this morning and found its neighbor

Turn2
  • Possum Pecker

• I hand wash all my cars, the neighbors think I'm crazy, except for the guy with the 718 Cayman :)

6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited August 2023

Watched the "Thunder Soul" documentary last night.

A highschool band :o

PWRRYDRon_E
  • I just watched Clive Davis - The Soundtrack of our Lives. What an amazing career.

GeoffMillar
  • This is fun to watch - no musical connection of course but we got some laughs:

Geoff

PWRRYDBillet
  • When I want it to actually be clean, I hand wash and dry. Car washes generally suck.

6thplanetjholtz
    I have a signature.
  • True, but if you can access them, they are a nice way to clean in-between washes. Course the touchy ones can wreck the paint in a hurry.

They aren't accessible for lowered vehicles, so only one option. Im bad about not washing unless I can get atleast three days without rain in the forecast.

• I hand wash my car once per year in the spring, to get all the salt off. I don't have a pressure washer, so I just flush the underbody and wheel wells out the best I can with my hose. We have pretty good water pressure, so it seems to do a good job. I also pop the hood and flush any salt build up along the seams and front wheel seam areas, watching the water flow out the hole along the bottom edge below the doors.

• I’ve buffed out my Camry several times after going to a car wash. I’m happier with not washing. With a ceramic coating it’s pretty amazing how long the car looks clean and its a dark color.

jholtz
  • I work hard on the mud / trail look

6thplanet4thtryPWRRYDR-CarpenterSteve_Leesquamishdroc
  • Second deck for the gazebo and pool slide. Waiting on rock for landscaping.

tajanesjr@macSteve_Lee4thtrykenrhodesR-CarpenterSilver1omo
  • @tajanes said:
    I work hard on the mud / trail look

How do you like the Bronco so far?

• edited August 2023

Damn that black is snazzy. I've got to do something with mine...

Not a great photo but best I had ready to go. That was several years ago and has weathered quite a bit since then. It faces the side road (corner lot) and visible from the main road too. Being covered makes it more like a large porch

Roof needs some restructuring and gutters. It was halfassed with 1"x boards hanging off the edge of the OSB sheathing as a skirting. Need to support the sheathing edges with 2"x material instead. It is far too low slope for the shingles on it. Also wanted to enclose the underside of the roof structure with tongue and groove.

Then thinking of replacing the decking with trex type stuff and see if I can get lucky and find metal railing for a reasonable price.

....Hmm. Now that my brain is churning on it... The cutout on the left half was there because of a large maple close to the left corner.. That tree is no longer there. I could extend the roof out the same as the right side and bump out the deck on the next phase. B)

hifiside
  • It’s been great. No way my old jetta was going to cut it out here in rural Colorado. 315 hp / 410 torques on regular (330 / 415 high octane) 2.7ltr twin turbo. I split the difference with 89. If it only came in a 3.8 twin turbo diesel… I went with the Black Diamond version- largest wheel package down from the Sasquatch and a bit more undercarriage protection. It rides a bit nicer on the highway than I remember my old 4door Cherokee. So far just take off the front top and leave the doors on - but maybe someday.

squamishdroc6thplanet
  • ^ He said, "phase".

Heh Heh Heh . . . . =)

• @tajanes said:
    It’s been great. No way my old jetta was going to cut it out here in rural Colorado. 315 hp / 410 torques on regular (330 / 415 high octane) 2.7ltr twin turbo. I split the difference with 89. If it only came in a 3.8 twin turbo diesel… I went with the Black Diamond version- largest wheel package down from the Sasquatch and a bit more undercarriage protection. It rides a bit nicer on the highway than I remember my old 4door Cherokee. So far just take off the front top and leave the doors on - but maybe someday.

I'm a tech at our local Ford dealer - we just put a Bestop folding soft top on a customers 4dr Bronco last week - replaces the 4 front panels. Works pretty good but does stick up a bit when it is folded back. But it is easy to fold it back from the drivers seat at a light =)

tajanes
  • edited August 2023

This looks interesting- and rea$onable

Do you know anyone that offers yellow round 5 to 7 in led fog-lights? Most now are actually spots. I see they are offered for inside the bumper- but I’d prefer the old Cibie style (but not halogen these days) and looking to drop them off my front bumper some how. And looking under the car, any thoughts of dumping the muffler and exiting the side just in front of the rear wheel (maybe with a small silencer type of muffler)?

• edited August 2023

Out for a couple day beers.

6thplanetSteve_LeeNicholas_23ugly_wooferkenrhodesR-CarpenterTurn2squamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • edited August 2023

They plowed down a gate

https://share.icloud.com/photos/017_ZBx0v9H6M_Y_KWhxR4Fyw

The instigator and the negotiator

• kenrhodesSteve_LeeR-Carpentersquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • So JR ate them?

jr@mactajanesSteve_Lee6thplanetTurn2Silver1omo