Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• The live version of Little Wing has Ronnie Wood on guitar. Bono sings on another track.

• edited October 2023

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance
    The Corrs - Live in Dublin
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan
    Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble Live
    Collective Soul - Home
    Mike Knott - Live at C2K (I was there)
    Metallica - S&M
    Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
    Alice in Chains - Unplugged
    Diana Krall - Live in Paris
    Scorpions- Live in Athens
    Dream Theater - Once in a Livetime

• Thanks Wolf; that SRV live is awesome.

As a matter of interest, how did you find the album sound for Mike Knott compared to the concert sound? I've only been to one concert - a classical one - which was later commercially released.

Geoff

• @Ron_E said:
    The live version of Little Wing has Ronnie Wood on guitar.

There was a good Ron Wood live show from 2002 on YouTube, now deleted, which featured Slash and Andrea Corr. Ron did a nice version of 'Far East Man' as a tribute to George Harrison. The song was a co-write which featured on Ron's first solo album and George's 'Dark Horse'.

Geoff

• Interesting note: I was supposed to go to SRV's show at Apline Valley (East Troy, Wisconsin) the night he died. I would have seen his last show only an hour before he died :'(

ani_1016thplanet
  • I'd meant to put Diana Krall on my list. good stuff.

I'd add:
    Van Morrison - A Night in San Francisco
    Keb' Mo' - Live & Mo'

• @GeoffMillar said:
    Thanks Wolf; that SRV live is awesome.

As a matter of interest, how did you find the album sound for Mike Knott compared to the concert sound? > I've only been to one concert - a classical one - which was later commercially released.

Ya know, I think they did a good enough job, but I can tell that the quality is a little reduced VS at the show for certain. I chalked it up to the label it was released on being the main factor there.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Interesting note: I was supposed to go to SRV's show at Apline Valley (East Troy, Wisconsin) the night he died. I would have seen his last show only an hour before he died :'(

Would've been a great show, and sad fallout. Weather was bad that night, right? What a tragic loss...

• Weather wasn't that bad. His choper crashed into the hill (where I have skied dozens of times) due to some light fog.

• edited October 2023

Diana Krall Live in Paris is a great album. Nice recording also, I have used it as a reference for evaluating speaker designs.

It reminds me of Eva Cassidy - Live at Blues Alley

Tom Petty - Live Anthology; an excellent collection of live music

• Testing some Rubio monocoat colors on white oak. The couple blemishes are from a sweat stain and me being careless

DrewsBrewsSteve_Leeugly_woofer
  • The two lower left look the best to me but I am old school . . .

• @Steve_Lee said:
    The two lower left look the best to me but I am old school . . .

If you’re looking at the yellowy oak color that is the excitingly named “oak”. Never used this stuff before and it is very nice. Am building a desk so thought I’d try it

Steve_Lee
  • edited October 2023

That one in the middle with the whitewash but dark grain is quite striking. Or the charcoal one would be interesting on a speaker around the sides with an off-white baffle. Though heavy in the contemporary direction.

• edited October 2023

Those are both cerused with a contrasting base “precolor” and then waterpopped followed by a coat of colored 2c. This stuff is incredibly forgiving

• edited November 2023

IT’s the night for a good, scary Halloween movie 😁

good low-end sound tracks and +surround

6thplanet
  • Love that movie. Genuinely scary in more than one spot. Have not seen pt 2 yet.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Love that movie. Genuinely scary in more than one spot. Have not seen pt 2 yet.

Stick with the original !

• This Halloween, at our house anyway...

These were taken before all of our decorations were up, I will post more tomorrow

Steve_LeeSilver1omojr@machifisidekenrhodesjhollandertajanesugly_woofer6thplanetGeoffMillar
  • Dude that is INSANE! 👻 🎃 Nice job! 👍

• Someone goes all out for Halloween.

• That is fantastic!

I have a signature.
  • Fuck yes!! Awesome😈

Steve_Lee
  • @jr@mac said:

I can't recall its name, but there was a 70s horror with Karen Black and a sort of puppet/doll which had huge teeth and couldn't be killed. She put in an oven or something and it wouldn't die.

Geoff

• @GeoffMillar said:

@jr@mac said:

I can't recall its name, but there was a 70s horror with Karen Black and a sort of puppet/doll which had huge teeth and couldn't be killed. She put in an oven or something and it wouldn't die.

Geoff

Trilogy of Terror

I have a signature.
  • Thanks everyone for your compliments.

I think the final count on pumpkins this year was 93(4 real the rest are foam or plastic)

A few final pictures:

My wife insisted on buying the Jack Skellington this year

jr@macugly_wooferSteve_LeeSilver1omotajanesRon_E6thplanet
  • Love the skeletons sitting at the patio table!

• @jr@mac said:

Trilogy of Terror

Thanks JR

I don't recall the other parts but that film haunted me for a few days!

Geoff

jr@mac
  • I'm sorry to have to say that Glenn, aka Drummer, is no longer with us. He passed Sunday. We first came in contact with each other little over 3 years ago. It was fantastic knowing/meeting him and getting to jam with him. He will be sorely missed.

ugly_wooferSteve_LeeBilletTurn2