Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

Comments

• Since he does so much detailed paint work i bet it is a vinyl cutter for intricate masking.

Steve_Lee
  • What CPU Motherboard format are you running, Brad? I don't detect a big box connected to those 4 monitors . . .

• My 12 yr old son built it for me for stock trading

Steve_Lee
  • I will never buy a completed one from a store ever again.

Steve_Leejr@macNicholas_23PWRRYDColonel7
  • Yeah, I only build my own PCs. I do have a few nice laptops, though, and those are hard to DIY.

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • I agree - no pre-built desktop machines for me either. Building a new budget video editing PC right now.

PWRRYD
  • edited August 28

I've been using PC's for over 40 years and don't recall ever buying a desktop machine for myself. This picture from the web is the first PC I built from a kit. Lots and lots of soldering.

Steve_Leerjj454thtry
  • 256 KB RAM?

• @Steve_Lee said:
    256 KB RAM?

64KB if you bought 4 S100 bus16KB boards which were $400 each in the early 80's. It had a Z80 8 bit CPU board, floppy disk controller board, 90K 5 1/4 floppy drives. There was an optional math coprocessor board which I had. It used a dumb terminal for IO. The operating system had BASIC and if you had 16K, which I started with, you had 1K for your program. I learned a lot with that computer.

Steve_Leerjj454thtry
  • The office is setup - is the CNC next?

I have a signature.
  • Had to stop organizing for a week. New bar in Mitchell needed some speakers before next weekend. Temporary paint station.

Tom_StajanesPWRRYDjr@macEggguyrjj45kenrhodesEd_Perkins6thplanetBilletand 7 others.
  • Reminds me of my paint set up :)

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Thinking I might try to find a enclosed trailer for portable setup.

jr@mac
  • Is the new place ready for visitors?

I have a signature.
  • Anytime. I’ll be organizing till Christmas. Got this going this morning, needs a new spoil board next.

Steve_Leetajanesugly_wooferrjj45silverDEggguySilver1omo
  • Hey Brad - Have you the ability to just do away with the filter bag and pipe the exhaust directly out of the blower to the exterior of the building high up enough to disperse?

I did this with my little shop system and got much better results with less dust inside . . . no pressure drop and nothing to clean out inside . . .

• edited September 5

This vs that mated with an nd16fa? Was going the ND route but waited too long and no 13% discount.

Didn't see an xmax for the e4. Used 5mm xmax and they modeled relatively close.

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Hey Brad - Have you the ability to just do away with the filter bag and pipe the exhaust directly out of the blower to the exterior of the building high up enough to disperse?

I did this with my little shop system and got much better results with less dust inside . . . no pressure drop and nothing to clean out inside . . .

In my old shop that would have been nice but this one the collections would be right in front of the building.

Steve_Lee
  • @Kornbread said:
    This vs that mated with an nd16fa? Was going the ND route but waited too long and no 13% discount.

Didn't see an xmax for the e4. Used 5mm xmax and they modeled relatively close.

I believe it’s 4.5mm.

• Need to build a small 'jobsite' radio, would the e4 make a decent replacement for the nd91?

• It is not a “full range” by any means

• As person with experience with dust collectors, I'd loose as much of that flex duct as possible, replace the tee with a elbow, and the flex on the discharge of the blower. The inlet of the blower should be a smooth straight run of metal duct of about 5 pipe diameters. If this is a 2 Hp motor on the blower use the cheap 30 gage 6-inch metal duct from Menards.

The bag filter could also be changed to a hepa cartridge but that's probably more work than you are interested in.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • About now I'll bet Brad would love to have us all there to help him get all that done.

6thplanet
  • It seems better than the old setup. I took the T out because I think I’m gonna get a Y connection right on the collector. It works and cuts square which is my main concern. Now on to finishing these speakers that I was working on before the move.

• I said some things after this.

Steve_Lee6thplanetjr@macTom_SEggguyTurn2
  • Got asked to build another bigger set of speakers. These will be bi-amp-able. I would like to do something different each time SO….
    JF-eco608 x 2
    JF-1204 / Beastmode in WG. If the JF tweeter doesn’t quite make it, I’ll just put a beast mode tweeter in it.
    JF-18-835-08 / JF-21-1230-08 (side mounted)
    Tuned low to mid 30”s. In 6.5 cu.ft.
    When I get more into it, I will make a new thread for it.

kenrhodesjr@macugly_wooferjohnny5jz6thplanetSteve_Lee4thtrySilver1omoEggguyTom_Sand 1 other.
  • Cool!

I have a signature.