Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

Comments

• Just checked out your website again now since you listed some stuff. Your xo parts price and sizes are great! Makes large poly cap woofer shunts affordable too. I want to play with those 6.5 woofers. I probably won’t have time for a new speaker project til next year so will be a bit before I snag some, but what a nice looking little woofer at a great price. Looking great Brad!

hifiside
  • Those woofers are nice for the price, they have been measuring consistently so far as I test them.

• A birdie told me those caps will have there first sale the last week of this month.

Silver1omo
  • 😮😀. New Pro grills.

jr@macPWRRYDSteve_Leetajanesugly_wooferSilver1omo6thplanet
  • Ooh! Now I REALLY like that!

hifiside
  • Yup, those look the business🤘🏼

hifiside
  • Found out today. I have a guy that sells nice kind of exotic wood about three doors down from my shop.🤦🏻‍♂️

tajanesSteve_Leeugly_wooferWolfPWRRYDSilver1omokenrhodesTurn26thplanet4thtryand 2 others.
  • edited May 2023

@hifiside said:
    Found out today. I have a guy that sells nice kind of exotic wood about three doors down from my shop.🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh man that could be dangerous =)

hifisideSteve_Lee
  • And BOOM a prototype is born! I will be measuring four sets of different woofers and I think three different tweeters.

• You work fast!

hifiside
  • Ready for tooling gelcoat.

jhollanderSteve_Lee
  • edited May 2023

Wow that’s quite the process. Makes a guy realize what a deal they are at $17 each (when they are obtanium..)! Granted now you can modify them to fit any need or even change things up to tailor the response.

Since you went this far to make moulds n such, what about making complete one piece baffles with a waveguide built in? That would be pretty sweet and would at least make all the time and effort to custom make them more worth it than just filling a supply gap in a cheap wave guide. Just a thought..

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61X0DZy4NHL.AC_UF894,1000_QL80.jpg

• It is a process but its not that bad for me as I’ve been doing it for awhile. The $17 a pc is cheap but that DIYsoundgroup website is a joke.

• As far as molding the guide in the baffle… what if someone wants to build a a MMT and not a MTM.

• I will be trying to make a 6” version of this.

Steve_LeeColonel7

• I have to fix a small hole in the gelcoat , then parts time.

DanPSteve_LeeSilver1omo6thplanet
  • This stuff is most impressive, hifiside!

hifiside
  • Now I want to see how you manage a mounting plate for the driver :o

• @DrewsBrews said:
    Now I want to see how you manage a mounting plate for the driver :o

Almost anything will stick to fiberglass so I could use almost anything. For myself use I will use BB 1/2 for ease of modification.

• Making a part today

Steve_Leejhollander
  • edited May 2023

First part looks pretty good. Now I think I will make one that has multiple molds so I can build more than one at a time but first I’m gonna make one more part that is thinner so I can cut it in 1/4’s and try to make a 6 inch one.

Steve_Leeugly_wooferDanP6thplanetjhollanderkenrhodessquamishdrocColonel7
  • edited June 2023

Much thinner one I’ll cut in 1/4pcs. Kinda like chopping a top on a hotrod.

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • edited June 2023

That thinner one is marketable as it could be surface mounted eliminating the need for routing a relief in a baffle . . .

hifiside

• Ceos 6
    Seos 8
    The center hole has not been determined yet.

Steve_Lee
  • edited June 2023

I'll take a pair of CEOS-6's for surface mounting.

hifiside
  • The CEOS 6 looks awesome. The sharp edge solves the recessing issue with the other SEOS guides. What's the opening diameter?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • As of now 1.05”.