Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

Comments

• Ahhh, a little tweet faceplate modification, it'll be fine.

• @hifiside said:
    This is a 90 mm mounting diameter. The tweeters need to be a much smaller form factor like an LD 22 or a DX 20 something like that. For the ceos6.

OK - that makes it crystal-clear

• Would a SB Acoustics SB26STCN-C000-4 possibly work? It appears to have has a flat 72 mm faceplate. The possible problem is the face plate doesn't end with a sharp edge around the driver.

• In any case - if you make the mounting flange accommodating M4 or M5 wide bolt slots for the CEOS-6 and CEOS-8 like the attached sketch you wont have to concern yourself with all the research behind tweeter mounting data, would you?

• I’ll look into it Ed. And no Steve it wouldn’t be my concern but it be a nice selling point to know what those horns fit because I had a hell of a time trying to find out what a SEO8 horn would fit.

WolfSteve_Lee
  • So a 1" neo tweeter with a smaller than 90mm faceplate that has a sharp transition to the dome? Any other important criteria?

• I have a pair of the SB26STCN on the shelf I could send you for testing. Just let me know your shipping address if you're interested.

Steve_Lee
  • edited August 2023

Let me know what the minimum and maximum hole mounting circle dimensions are for your CEOS-6 and 8 [if you plan to offer that as well] and I will keep you apprized of my research for applicable candidate tweeters as I had done 8 posts upthread.

This way you don't have to do anything but verify my findings - maybe other guys here will add to the list[s] if we start a dedicated thread for each specific horn/waveguide???

• I have not used of this tweeter, but I'm sure others have
    https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/test-vifa-peerless-xt25-neo4-xt25sc90-04/
    6000+ available at Digikey: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/peerless-by-tymphany/XT25SC90-04/6557546
    Looks like you could cut some glue, twist off the faceplate, sand it flat, put it back on and mount the waveguide.

• I have a pair in my basket, Sir - thanks!!
    (My SEOS-8's are waiting for them . . .)
    :)

hifiside
  • Gotta pay them bills!!!. Lol. Thanks to everyone that has ordered from us I appreciate tremendously. More new stuff coming!!!! Stay tuned….

Steve_Leetajanesugly_woofer6thplanet4thtrySilver1omosquamishdroc
  • Some pictures of my latest install with JF speakers.

jr@macsilverDtajaneskenrhodes6thplanet4thtrySteve_LeeColonel7jhollanderSilver1omoand 2 others.
  • They fit in well on those walls !

hifiside
  • Any chance you are going to start carrying larger gauge air core inductors? Thinking like at 14awgor so. Seems like there is a gap in the market for those now the Meniscus is out and PE doesn't seem to carry many any longer also.

hifiside
  • @johnny5jz said:
    Any chance you are going to start carrying larger gauge air core inductors? Thinking like at 14awgor so. Seems like there is a gap in the market for those now the Meniscus is out and PE doesn't seem to carry many any longer also.

Yes. I was waiting till the winding machines show up before announcing that. But we will be offer custom larger ga coils through JFcomponents.

johnny5jz6thplanettajanesSteve_LeejhollanderSilver1omo4thtry
  • Now that's a fucking garage! Sweet!

Steve_Lee
  • Nice panos. How high is the ceiling? Must be great for hoisting speakers up high and setting a long measurement gate! :+1:

• @4thtry said:
    Nice panos. How high is the ceiling? Must be great for hoisting speakers up high and setting a long measurement gate! :+1:

This isn’t my shop its a customers

• We’re gonna hide some subs under the stairs for the little system.

Steve_Leejhollanderkenrhodes6thplanetSilver1omo4thtry
  • Now to figure out how to assemble it and use it.

Steve_LeeSilver1omojr@mackenrhodes4thtrytajanesugly_wooferjhollanderPWRRYDjohnny5jzand 2 others.
  • Is that from Meniscus?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    Is that from Meniscus?

Yes

• Your friend circled in red:

hifisideScottSSteve_LeeSilver1omojohnny5jz4thtryBillet
  • Sometimes I forget it just a subwoofer enclosure.😆

Silver1omo4thtrytajanesjr@mackenrhodesSteve_LeeColonel7jhollanderRon_ETurn2and 3 others.
  • No attention to detail…

hifiside
  • That is cool! :+1:

hifiside
  • I mean, you have CNC, why not?😛

hifisideSteve_Lee
  • Little test fit before I close this up.

Wolf6thplanettajanesSteve_Lee4thtryjohnny5jzugly_wooferkenrhodesSilver1omosquamishdroc
  • Subwoofer Saturday!

Silver1omoSteve_Leeugly_woofer6thplanet4thtryColonel7squamishdroc