Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

2019 New Build

Comments

• These are looking great! I hope to hear them someday.
  • These are absolutely stunning. Very well done.
  • Thanks guys, I'm really digging this wood combo. I can't wait to put the finish on. It's pretty hot this week so I'm building the crossovers in the comfort of the house. These are just down and dirty pieces. No fancy windows this time! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Checked off some "honey do list" items this morning, then gave the enclosures the Javad treatment. That undercut bit it freaking awesome and scary at the same time ๐Ÿค˜ That concludes all the fab work on them, so finishing is next. I'm gonna try the Waterlox stuff on this project. It's a semigloss application. Doing some test pieces at the moment.
    kenrhodes

• First coat of the goodness, ๐Ÿ˜ 

• Christ almighty that's beautiful!
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Two solid 10's for originality and craftsmanship!
  • Maybe, I've only received 3-10s in craftsmanship in 6 years and no 10s in originality.  Judging can be strange, nonsensical 

6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Thanks guys, your right, I don't know what you have to do to get 10's on originality. I feel most of my builds are, but like you said, John, rarely ever get 10's.  I put the third coat on today, looking good....vurrryyy happy ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ‘
  • I hope to hear and see these someday.
  • ..Bingo hall on Saturday July 13th
  • This year is gonna be a good one. My buddy Adam is bringing his latest build. Total show stoppers.
  • ..Bingo hall on Saturday July 13th
    Well I'd actually like to hear them for more than 3 minutes.
  • PWRRYD said:
    ..Bingo hall on Saturday July 13th
    Well I'd actually like to hear them for more than 3 minutes.
    Actually, I can't wait for that either. Heay, who knows maybe Indiana next year....
  • Cool, I haven't seen Adam in awhile.  Did he bring the BMW M3 a few years ago?
  • Yeah, years ago, like 4 or so. Everytime the show was happening, his work had him out in training somewhere. 
  • Those his Anarchy build, Eric? Yeah, showstoppers. I wish my Tandems would be ready, but there is still a lot to do on them. Ed Rosenquist might be coming too, and he builds Vapor's cabs.
  • That's them,Ben.
  • Is Ed bringing something?  Back door Vapor participation?
  • If he does, it's outside their realm, and a personal build.
  • Four coats of the goodness ๐Ÿคญ Oh my!!!

Turn2
  • I don't think the picture does them justice.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Threaded inserts need not apply, reaping the benefits of dense ass wood. I did a test piece and could have stripped the Allen wrench before the threads gave up. Also put a countersink in the frame mounting holes to allow the bolts to sit flush.

jhollanderkennykrjj45ThumperTom4thtryS7910hifiside
  • Back from vacation and jumped back on the assembly of the units. Throwing them together to check the crossovers out before committing to installing them in the cabs permanently.

kennykjhollanderPWRRYDJasonPhifisideThumperTom
  • Did try them? Please smile !
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • edited June 2019
    Checked them, ๐Ÿ‘ on to final assembly!
    kennykPWRRYDS7910R-Carpenter
  • Stunning 
  • Thanks guys! I'm really digging the new units. Heay, does anyone have 2 sets of the black Dayton spikes they'd like to sell or trade for the black chrome ones?