Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• My wife and I agreed that neither of us will *ever* own a UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle, aka Minivan) We currently both have Subaru SUVs.
  • I love driving my wife's Town and Country.  She loves it too.  It almost drives itself.  Tons of room.  We can stow and go the rear seats and easily fit all four bikes in the back.  I can stow and go the center row of seats too and fit full 4 x 8 sheets of MDF, plywood, drywall, etc.  No need for pickup.  It's quiet, rides smooth, and gets about 28 mpg.  Ice cold A/C and decent factory stereo.
    kenrhodes
  • minivans doesn't look cool, but they are very comfortable and spacious - the inside is a complete opposite to the outside. i want a 4x4 lifted minivan on 35's.....
    kenrhodes
  • Opened my Wavecor tweets. Two disappointing observations:

1. Plastic faceplate. Guess I should have read a little closer. 

2. They are now NLA it appears. 
    I have a signature.
  • Heh... 'Digging your grave' there...
  • ????
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Opened my Wavecor tweets. Two disappointing observations:

1. Plastic faceplate. Guess I should have read a little closer. 

2. They are now NLA it appears. 
    they are NLA??? there are too many variations of the same driver model and most seem to be NLA
  • JR- you missed the monster-truck reference there?
  • "No man with a fast car needs to be justified" (Butthole Surfers)  

If I still cared how I look (I don't) I'd roll to the Home Depot in my supercharged, 8 second, hell on wheels, Mustang and just buy a bunch of 2' x 4' MDF handi panels and pay 3 times too much.
    jr@mac
  • I got the reference Ben.  Not that I've ever been into monster trucks.  I did see them once (won tickets on a radio call in).  
  • I think we need to monster steer this thread back to DOTD...  so who bought the killer Peerless woofers yesterday?  I kept myself distracted  :o
  • PWRRYD said:
    "No man with a fast car needs to be justified" (Butthole Surfers)  

If I still cared how I look (I don't) I'd roll to the Home Depot in my supercharged, 8 second, hell on wheels, Mustang and just buy a bunch of 2' x 4' MDF handi panels and pay 3 times too much.
    mini vans can carry full 4x8 in the rain without anything sticking out from anywhere ... awesome for carry large speakers and assorted gears and gearheads to DIY gatherings!
  • PWRRYD said:

i guess i am restricted to 12x18 craft ply in my miata?
  • ani_101 said:
    PWRRYD said:

i guess i am restricted to 12x18 craft ply in my miata?
    Bummer Ani.  You would look good in a Honda Odyssey. 
  • With some drivers now hitting the dotd, does this mean they are running out of flashlights? 
  • Lets hope so.
  • I wonder if they over estimated the popularity of Wavecor drivers. 
    rjj45PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    I wonder if they over estimated the popularity of Wavecor drivers. 
    Bingo! Wavecor is good quality, but they have a large number of drivers with very small variations.
    Looks like PE went "all in" on them, and are now sitting on a ton of inventory.
    Compare that to SB with very defined driver segments, and few models of each (if any), and the business
    case for which to stock becomes obvious (unless you are ruled by something other than a cool
    analytic head "cough, uh Stahl")
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited June 2020
    PWRRYD said:

Mitchell, having used both drivers and I agree with you.  They are both great drivers.  I'd give the "Roemer" Bass edge to the MCM driver due to its better Xmax, but I've never heard it crossed above 600 Hz.  So yes, great woofer for a 3 way.

I think the Peerless is an awesome woofer too.  It might get slightly beat in the super low bass range but that Nomex cone just sounds great crossed up to 1500 Hz in my experience.  At the sale price I need to seriously distract myself from buying 4 more of them.

Thanks for the input. 

• Lincoln Navigator last year
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Lincoln Navigator last year
    Dang! You and Adam both big pimpin! He just picked up a Lexus GX, his ol trusty 4Runner was done for.
  • 6thplanet said:
    Lincoln Navigator last year
    Dang! You and Adam both big pimpin! He just picked up a Lexus GX, his ol trusty 4Runner was done for.
    Weird you mention the GX , the old Jeep XJ is getting pretty rusty so Ive been researching the sexy lexy, to replace her . Lots of after market parts for them or so it seems. What Gen does Adam have? I may have some questions for him.
  • I think it's an 09-10??
  • Not me Stahl at last years MWAF.  I thought I was answering JR, but Looks like I was on the wrong page

6thplanet said:
    Lincoln Navigator last year

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Well then, Big Pimpin has been retracted from John. Not sure what the guys name was, but he designs/heads all the Dayton speaker stuff, we talked at the last MWAF. He has a pretty pimped out Pontiac GTO, one of the newer body style/LS powered cars.
  • Might be Geoff Millar.
    I have a signature.
  • Navigator sounds like Stahls style.
    I have a signature.
  • If you are shopping for a router Lowe's has the Bosch 1617EVSPK on sale for $189. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-12-2-25-HP-Variable-Speed-Combo-Fixed-Plunge-Corded-Router-with-Case/1014955
    rjj45
  • edited June 2020
    While you're in Lowes check out the Dewalt DW621 plunge router. I was told by a cabinet maker I respect that if you're only going to have one router, this is the one to own. Super smooth plunge, lots of power and exceptional dust collection. I've owned mine for several years and never regretted the investment.

HTH

Jim
  • jholtz said:
    While you're in Lowes check out the Dewalt DW621 plunge router. I was told by a cabinet maker I respect that if you're only going to have one router, this is the one to own. Super smooth plunge, lots of power and exceptional dust collection. I've owned mine for several years and never regretted the investment.

HTH

Jim
    Thanks Jim! I bought a Bosch 1617 a few years ago, and love it, but it has no dust collection, and I'm not real fond of the micro adjust depth setting.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!