Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• jr@mac said:
    Ah shit, pair headed my way. 
    Me too.
  • Attaboy
    I have a signature.
  • Me too!  I couldn't  resist, especially  with no  tent sale this year.
    ohitsuTodd
  • edited May 2020
    35$ is a good price and great value as the earlier RS28 was. At 87$ it stays a niche driver, not a go-to... Don't suppose this would become the regular price? 
  • Not a chance it stays this price. It is a pretty nice tweeter, a similarly built Scan or Seas would be well into the three figure range, make no mistake.
    I have a signature.
  • Another pair here.  Would have preferred the waveguide version, but at $35 I couldn't help myself.
  • Good play, vs the RST28 for the same money.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Man, I wish I liked dome tweeters.....
  • Tweeter snob!
  • oh, no... peer pressure.... Must Resist....
  • Come on Ani don't disappoint us.
  • edited May 2020
    Another pair here.  Would have preferred the waveguide version, but at $35 I couldn't help myself.
    Vance Dickanson reviewed the TW080WA08 in the Voice Coil magazine, December 2009.  I haven't been able to find an on-line version so far. 
  • edited May 2020
    Out of stock ... don't guess I need a pair after all.
    rjj45
  • They will honor the price, might have to wait awhile to get them though. 

I'm wondering if the next few weeks will yield a few more Wavecor deals. 
    I have a signature.
  • .....oooo....did I buy the last two? (HINT: the answer rhymes with "well go")
  • With what has to be a huge backlog of products from China, I don't see them arriving any time soon.   
  • I've got two pairs of Wavecor tweeters that could use some woofers
  • Damn.....just scored a new vehicle, may need a pair......
  • Anddddddd en route :)
  • Curious what you all think of the 8 ohm when you get them
  • I didn't get a pair myself, but I do have plenty of stuff coming (not all from PE)....
    Bought a couple CDs, some 5V USB powered FM radios, some AECO Rhodium nanners, Belden wire and a couple sale PE laptop supplies, Carbocage key organizer and fixins, and a couple more pairs of Talent cans and Peerless 50mm elements. I did also recently get a pair of U18s, and a mate for the D3004/6600 from Meniscus.

Yeah- PE doesn't sell the Talent cans anymore either. I found some on Ebay. They don't sell the 50mm jobbies either except MOQ- got those from Digikey. Some modding for better sound in my future, not unlike the Pyle sacrifice of a couple years ago.

The AECO I've wanted for bling for awhile, and some Belden 12AWG Brilliance to go with them. I already have the nice Speakons for the other ends.

The FM jobbies will complement my OSFA boombox, and be for gifts and such. The supplies work well in this dual-voltage case.

And I added some more Jennifer Warnes to my collection, as well as a Sarah Jahn CD I've looked for for a good bit o time.

I justified the purchase not unlike Nick- No tent sale to waste money on- and had some Amazon credit sitting in wait.
  • Wolf said:
    I didn't get a pair myself, but I do have plenty of stuff coming (not all from PE)....
    Bought a couple CDs, some 5V USB powered FM radios, some AECO Rhodium nanners, Belden wire and a couple sale PE laptop supplies, Carbocage key organizer and fixins, and a couple more pairs of Talent cans and Peerless 50mm elements. I did also recently get a pair of U18s, and a mate for the D3004/6600 from Meniscus.

Yeah- PE doesn't sell the Talent cans anymore either. I found some on Ebay. They don't sell the 50mm jobbies either except MOQ- got those from Digikey. Some modding for better sound in my future, not unlike the Pyle sacrifice of a couple years ago.

The AECO I've wanted for bling for awhile, and some Belden 12AWG Brilliance to go with them. I already have the nice Speakons for the other ends.

The FM jobbies will complement my OSFA boombox, and be for gifts and such. The supplies work well in this dual-voltage case.

And I added some more Jennifer Warnes to my collection, as well as a Sarah Jahn CD I've looked for for a good bit o time.

I justified the purchase not unlike Nick- No tent sale to waste money on- and had some Amazon credit sitting in wait.
    Ummm.. ok.
    I have a signature.
  • Flashlight! 15% off!
    Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • Flashlights are so kool!
    jr@mac
  • I wonder if there is a group of guys who can't help themselves from buying flashlights.  A DOTD flashlight is totally irrestable.
    jr@macrjj45
  • irrestable? That's a new one...
  • Wolf said:
    Just sharing, JR.
    Just a helluva list is all. I like treating myself, too. 
    I have a signature.
  • Oops typo.
  • Tom Zarbo is a flashlight guy.  He has some pretty cool ones.  When I need flashlight advice he's the guy I send an email to.
    ani_101PWRRYD