Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• Why isn't Tom a member here?  Has anyone reached out to him?  Tom builds some really cool stuff (we'll forgive his flashlight fetish  =)  ).
  • For that matter, now that Paul Carmody is posting again- he should also be included here.
  • edited May 2020
    I sent Tom an email
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I sent invites out to both gentlemen in the past. 
    I have a signature.
  • Anyone invite Chris Roemer?
  • Yep
    I have a signature.
  • Tom Zarbo is a flashlight guy.  He has some pretty cool ones.  When I need flashlight advice he's the guy I send an email to.
    I wont lie , Im kind of into " torches" too , but not the type that PE sells . Surefires , Fenix and the such. The kid would give me shit about the flash light collection , sigh .....
  • Wow!  My Wavecor tweeters finally arrived today.  Awesome looking tweeters.  Can't wait to use them.  I think they could be a serious home run paired with some Rival kevlar woofers I have  ;)
    jr@macani_101
  • PWRRYD said:
    Wow!  My Wavecor tweeters finally arrived today.  Awesome looking tweeters.  Can't wait to use them.  I think they could be a serious home run paired with some Rival kevlar woofers I have  ;)
    Add some shiny Wavecor PRs?
  • edited June 2020
    I'm not against passive radiators at all, but when I don't see them as a requirement there is no way I'm going to spend almost as much for a pair of PR's as I did for the pair of woofers.  I the case of the Rival R176-KVC woofers, a very managable box size and port size will work great.  And have I mentioned I don't always shoot for the absolutely lowest F3 alignment?   B)
    ani_101
  • So, what do you guys like better.  This Peerless or the MCM 55-5670?  Suppose it is splitting hairs.
    (PE DOD by the way)

• I really like the Peerless HDS series, and this guy has a Nomex cone, and great price. Go for them!
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Great woofer at a great price, but I have more stock than I need.  Just looking for thoughts on the two.  I would imagine the MCM is more geared towards a three-way.
  • Craig did a very nice two way with that Peerless Nomex 8" woofer and the larger Corundum dome tweeter.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Thanks Scott, I thought those turned out sounding really good.   Much better midrange than I expected.

Mitchell, having used both drivers and I agree with you.  They are both great drivers.  I'd give the "Roemer" Bass edge to the MCM driver due to its better Xmax, but I've never heard it crossed above 600 Hz.  So yes, great woofer for a 3 way.

I think the Peerless is an awesome woofer too.  It might get slightly beat in the super low bass range but that Nomex cone just sounds great crossed up to 1500 Hz in my experience.  At the sale price I need to seriously distract myself from buying 4 more of them.

On a side note....  PE selling them for %50 off shows us all about how much markup there truly is with drivers.  I'm sure Stahl doesn't roll in a Kia.
    rjj45
  • What's wrong with a Kia? Love mine. 
    I have a signature.
  • not sure a Kia would fit his ego.
  • Been trying to talk mama into a twin turbo, v-6, awd, Kia Stinger.  She says she would rather have a minivan.  WE WILL NEVER HAVE A MINIVAN!         
    joeybuttsBrannigansLaw
  • ScottS said: Craig did a very nice two way with that Peerless Nomex 8" woofer and the larger Corundum dome tweeter.
    Is there a build thread for this one?  Thanks!
  • I tested a loaded Stinger. Stupid fast. I'd kill myself. I'm happy with the Sorento.
    I have a signature.
  • kenrhodes said:
    not sure a Kia would fit his ego.
    There is that part...
    I have a signature.
  • I liked the stinger gt2 I tested quite a bit! Didn't handle *quite* as well as I'd like, but was very practical, comfortable, and fast in a straight line. A great GT car. Ended up with a Golf R because I could get one CPO easier and the stinger was too new for that, and also because the handling is substantially better & it's just as fast in a straight line. But I could easily live happily with the Stinger, and there were things about it I prefer. 
  • And back on topic, if that was the da32tx/hds 2 way that was at Meniscus last year, I agree it was very nice! 
  • Kornbread said:
    Been trying to talk mama into a twin turbo, v-6, awd, Kia Stinger.  She says she would rather have a minivan.  WE WILL NEVER HAVE A MINIVAN!         
    I said the same thing before I had kids - the wife won that battle. We still have our 2003 Sienna for some reason. It only gets driven a few times a year, when one of the kids needs to move furniture at college. They abused the hell out of it and it eats tires, but it's the best engine Toyota ever made!
  • No offense was intended against Kia.  I guess I should have said a Dodge Neon or Ford Focus
  • Joey, I don't remember if I published the details for that Peerless 8 inch 2 way project.  I can send you the info if you're interested.
    joeybutts
  • I'd appreciate it!! No rush, I just have 6 of them and am still debating on using those or buying diysg ht12's for my new ht speakers....
  • EVERY DAY. EVERY DAY I look at the DOTD.  Except yesterday.  All I want to see every time I look: Yesterday's DOTD.
    rjj45joeybutts
  • Here is a link to that thread:

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/997/new-peerless-8-2-way-project/p1

I'll have to find the baffle layout drawing and crossover schematic and post them up.
    joeybutts
  • PWRRYD said:
    No offense was intended against Kia.  I guess I should have said a Dodge Neon or Ford Focus
    All good.
    I see Stahl as possibly a used supercharged Jaguar guy. 
    I have a signature.