Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

A few of you may know that a big change in my life has occurred in the last few months for me and my family . I sold my business of 23yrs to another company, and for the last 10 months or so I’ve been working on building a new but somewhat slower pace business. As this tread goes on it will be our place to post ideas and products. Please give your honest opinion on anything in this tread.
Julefidelity.com
(Pictures to follow)

The start many months ago!

tajanesjr@macjhollanderSteve_Lee6thplanetugly_wooferSilver1omodynamoTurn2rjj45and 3 others.

Comments

• The red coil is a Dayton coil of the same mH. 18 gauge .40mH. The smaller coil is our 20 gauge .40 mH

• Comparison size of the same values

Nicholas_23dynamorjj454thtryJasonP
  • Our laminated core inductors .70 - 3.0 are the smaller form factor. The big one is 4.0 - 12.0.

• Well shits , congrats . it looks promising

hifiside
  • Very cool. Are you making or importing? Could be a tough go unless you've figured out how to automate production.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Fuck yeah , right on. Price for your time ?

• @jhollander said:
    Very cool. Are you making or importing? Could be a tough go unless you've figured out how to automate production.

I’m importing now. I hand wound quite a few of the first ones and there’s no way I could do that all day.

Steve_Lee
  • edited February 2023

Awesome, congrats on the new adventure. Making the dream a reality. I’m really excited to see what you all offer.

Are you open to people suggesting things they wish were more available for ideas for what you could offer at your company?

I’ve used your style of inductor before and really liked the compact size. Are the inductors copper wire?

• @dynamo said:
    Awesome, congrats on the new adventure. Making the dream a reality. I’m really excited to see what you all offer.

Are you open to people suggesting things they wish were more available for ideas for what you could offer at your company?

I’ve used your style of inductor before and really liked the compact size. Are the inductors copper wire?

Yes. Copper. Ours have pretty much the same Rdc as the Dayton and Jantzen. I’m always open for suggestions or criticism.

• The website looks very promising! Good luck on the new business.

• edited February 2023

@Ed_Perkins said:
    The website looks very promising! Good luck on the new business.

We still have a lot to do on our website and eBay page but that will come with time. Thanks Ed!

• congrats, this looks good!

hifiside
  • Way cool for you Brad! Congrats!

Question: do you know if there is any possibility you will be able to negotiate with the shipping carriers good enough pricing that at some point you will be able to offer free shipping like PE and Madisound does if we spend enough? A lot of times that $99 free shipping point drives me to buy a few extra coils, caps, resistors, screws, crimp conectors, etc.

• Congrats Brad!

hifiside
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Way cool for you Brad! Congrats!

Question: do you know if there is any possibility you will be able to negotiate with the shipping carriers good enough pricing that at some point you will be able to offer free shipping like PE and Madisound does if we spend enough? A lot of times that $99 free shipping point drives me to buy a few extra coils, caps, resistors, screws, crimp conectors, etc.

Thank you.! And yes free shipping will be available at a certain price. Still working on website shipping weights and sizes for better rates.

6thplanetugly_wooferSilver1omo
  • Awesome Brad!

hifiside
  • Thank you for taking this on, Brad.

This definitely aligns with my interests. I've scavenged a lot of crossover components over the years from surplus NHT and Klipsch crossovers that look a lot like what you are going to be offering. I have always wanted an actual source for those.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Congrats Brad!

hifiside
  • edited February 2023

Thanks Scott. We are making 22ga air coils also they won’t be available till April. Figured they would be great for room saving on compact computer monitors and Bluetooth builds.

• Looks like we can order parts now.

hifiside
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I've known about this for awhile, all I could do not to blurt it out.

Lot of cool stuff happening! Congrats, Brad - I am sure you will find a lot of support within the community.

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • Now I know where the XO boards in my speakers come from :p

hifiside
  • Pro subs.!

ugly_wooferPWRRYDWolfSteve_LeedynamosquamishdrocSilver1omo6thplanet4thtry
  • edited March 2023

Now that's a Guns N Roses concert amount of pro subs! 18", 800 watt, 3.5" vc, 8 ohm?

• Got a front of cone shot? Look beefy...

• What does JF stand for?