Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2021

124»

Comments

• @Wolf said:
    The peach ones aeaudio (David) made, named them after the first instrument in the Bible; K-something. Name eludes me, but he told me this.

I think David's username on Techtalk is a4eaudio.

• I really enjoyed this year's InDIYana event. It was great to get out and talk about and listen to music, speakers, and audio again. Thanks to Chuck and his family and everyone else who helped with the event. Great Job!

I learn things at every event. This year I definitely learned something about open baffle bass, boundary surfaces, and room gain :)

Every speaker sounded really good. All in all, an excellent weekend!

4thtry
  • @NavyGuy said:
    Thanks to Chuck and Ben for putting this together and to Chuck's wife for the cupcakes. It was a much needed break from the past 14 months.

I'm always impressed by not only Dan N's creativity, but his ability to execute on his vision and do it in such a nicely finished package. His speakers were super cool and I'd love to hear them in a more realistic living setting to get the full effect he was going for.

The other speaker that really impressed me was Luke's 2.1 system, namely because I was very surprised out how much output it had in that room. We've had other small systems like that brought in the past but they never seem to get that loud without severe distortion and these seemed to do ok. I'm not sure if it was the passives on the back just really minimizing the excursion or what.

I think I need to buy some of those BMR drivers now to play around with now. I have a few unique ideas for how I could use them given the super wide dispersion on them.

Thanks. I think you're right the passives critical to avoiding over excursion, along with the 48dB/octave crossover. Here is a WinISD model of the driver/passive configuration, this is actually from my smaller P-CUBE which uses a single driver and a single passive radiator, but the volume per driver is very similar:

I made the walls thinner on the single driver version, so it's a cute little 65mm cube. I have a write up of that, along with a 3D printed Voxel subwoofer here:
    https://www.instructables.com/P-CUBE-Speaker-System/

ScottS
  • thx guys for positing pics!

4thtryJasonP
  • @Billet said:

@Wolf said:
    The peach ones aeaudio (David) made, named them after the first instrument in the Bible; K-something. Name eludes me, but he told me this.

I think David's username on Techtalk is a4eaudio.

Good memory Wolf...I named them Kinnor. I'll be tweaking them over the summer and will start a build thread on TechTalk once I make a little more progress.

Thanks to the organizers as well as participants. These events are very enjoyable and the comraderie is great, and well needed after a year of near-isolation.

Billetzx82net4thtryPWRRYDJasonP
  • edited May 2021

I put the picture discs in the mail today. One went to Bryan and one went to Ben. Thanks much for hosting these on the MAC site. You should get them Monday or Tuesday of next week.

PWRRYDJasonPjhollander
  • And thank you Bill for taking time away from your GTG event day to take such great pictures. It's much appreciated.

jholtz
  • Great job with the pictures as usual Bill.

Ron

• Did the pictures get uploaded somewhere?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    Did the pictures get uploaded somewhere?

Hey John. I’ve had a DVD from Bill for months but have not gotten around to uploading and creating an archive page. After Iowa, I’ll take care of that. In fact if you want I’ll give you a copy at Iowa. Lemme know.

My signature goes here
  • No issues, just wondering if I missed it. I can wait.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Hi guys. For the time being, I've uploaded Bill's @4thtry pictures from InDIYana 2021 to a Box folder. These are 2500x2500 resolution pictures of the event. You should be able to view and/or download.

I've got work to do on the main MAC website and after that's done, I'll add a proper archive page.....just not enough time in the day :(

For now, please enjoy Bill's wonderful pics via Box.

https://app.box.com/s/f5834p7x5c8i3j1hhh6rot6qyxqk92td

dcibel
    My signature goes here