Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2021

Comments

• Hi Ben / Chuck could you add me for Saturday only? I will have a half finished non theme entry.

• Absolutely!

ani_101
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I should be there around noon central time (not sure what time zone La Porte is in). Can't wait to finally see some of my speaker friends again.

Laporte is on central

PWRRYD
  • Radiusaurus is ready to roll . . .

kennykJasonPSilver1omo6thplanetBilletBryan@MACrjj45GowaThumperTom
  • What's up with the dino tube TV just to the left? Probably weighs 150 pounds...

Silver1omo4thtry
  • @JasonP said:
    As much as I'd love to attend, I can't justify it in this world we live in. I'm on vacc shot one, and I'll get the second in middle May. I figure for me things will hopefully resume in the fall. I'll have to live vicariously through you all!

I completely get it, if I wasn't vaccinated I probably wouldn't attend either. See ya this fall.

• @PWRRYD said:
    What's up with the dino tube TV just to the left? Probably weighs 150 pounds...

It's a Sony - no baloney!

• @PWRRYD said:

Have you seen his old test equipment? I'm pretty sure that's just an old composite signal decoderscope.

• edited May 2021

are there any analog VHF or UHF signals to decode?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @PWRRYD said:

150 lbs? Not even close. Despite the lower rez, CRT's have much better contrast than most LCD or LED TVs. Moreover, CRTs do not suffer from motion artifacts. Only the currently overpriced OLED/QLED sets are comparable to CRT in terms of contrast and motion. Someday, CRT may make a comeback, just like vinyl and tube audio. B)

JasonPPWRRYDkennykBryan@MACrjj45
  • @6thplanet said:

@PWRRYD said:

Have you seen his old test equipment? I'm pretty sure that's just an old composite signal decoderscope.

Tom was right; a old Sony Trinitron. Just to clarify, here is a shot of my composite signal decoderscope:

JasonPPWRRYDBilletrjj456thplanetThumperTom
  • @jhollander said:
    are there any analog VHF or UHF signals to decode?

There was one low power analog station still broadcasting in my area when I checked the analog band about 3 years ago. Not sure if the station is still broadcasting. This is no problem, as my converter boxes are still working, so all the digital stations come through fine on my old analog TV's.

• For anyone who will be there Friday and would like to go to dinner, please let me know so I can make appropriate reservations. There is a steak house a half mile from the hotel.

• Count me in too for Friday night dinner.
    Thanks Chuck.

• Please add me for Friday night (after dinner) and Saturday. No speakers.

• Please count me in for Friday night dinner!

• My speakers might actually be done! They have changed a bit since the previous picture :)

jr@macPWRRYDJasonPkennyk
  • I've been waffling on whether or not I am going to attend but finally decided to go ahead and come. My family has been driving me crazy lately on top of being super busy so decided I need a few days to unwind. I'll be bringing a pair of 1TD-X with the new LD25X as well as the BILC project.

Also count me in for Friday night dinner.

BilletJasonPkennyk
  • I am trying to get a room for Saturday night. Do we have any group rate or just book from the hotel website from the Hampton Inn Dupont Rd?

• edited May 2021

Whoa, Ani- Hold up! We are not in Ft. Wayne this year. The link and directions should be for LaPorte, IN.
    Quality Inn and Suites
    444 Pine Lake Ave LaPorte, IN 46350
    https://www.choicehotels.com/indiana/la-porte/quality-inn-hotels/in009

To my knowledge, there is no group rate for Saturday night, but Chuck would know for certain.

The prior information was left on the website to be reused next year, and stated plainly we are not in FW this year.

ani_101
  • edited May 2021

Thanks Ben... I must be really confused... I see the two hotels in the Directions page. Will wait for Chuck's comment and book at the Quality Inn at LaPorte.

AM really Glad I checked! Else I would have driven to La Porte and booked hotel in Ft Wayne!

PWRRYD
  • Have a beer for me. Family stuff is keeping me home.

• I would love to be there, just not in the cards. Have fun, guys.

I have a signature.
  • Ani, call the hotel. Ask if they will extend the rate tp Saturday. They have been very accommodating.

• Reservation for dinner tomorrow at T Bone's at 6pm CST

• Oh...I so wish I could be there to see everybody. But it's my wife's birthday this weekend. Have fun & hope you all have a safe trip there & back!

• Hey guys. Have a blast!! Wish I could be there but my son’s birthday is tomorrow and that trumps all things DIY. For my fellow drinking buddies, please have one or three for me. Looking forward to Bill’s awesome photography. Enjoy!!

My signature goes here
  • edited May 2021

Another fantastic event guys! I am so glad I was able to attend. Seems like forever, right?

Hats off to Chuck and Ben for a first class event, no surprise there. Couple of my take aways in no particular order: this sounds like a broken record but every project sounded very good, the bar has been held.

Nice tribute to our friend Jeff Bagby.

Super layed back and fun time both Friday and Saturday. With a few less projects this year there was plenty of time to listen to every project, have conversations about them, and joke/razz with each other (inspect project bottoms lol).

There was a lot less annoying chatter going on in the the room during demos which was so nice. We need to maintain this standard moving forward. Thanks everyone for that.

John Hollander's LX Mini's were clearly the winner of the 20/20 theme contest. They checked all the boxes!

Great taco truck for lunch.

Thank you to the sponsors. I won a cool pair of 6.5" drivers from Meniscus. I hope to use them as large OB mids in a near future project.

Great to see old friends and make some new ones. Take care my friends and safe travels home.

jr@mackenrhodesani_101Silver1omoWolfTurn2DanPBilletugly_wooferrjj45and 3 others.
  • Everytime I heard it this weekend, I laughed thinking of this:

ugly_wooferkennyk