Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Feeling better today, but not much more than 25% Staying home, but might get some work done on the writeup I owe myself.

Re. Hot Pockets - frozen food all sucks to get right in the old nuker.

I have a signature.
  • Welp, just tested positive for the 'rona.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • That sucks. Get better soon.

• I was going to ask if that was the case. Hope you feel better in the next couple of days.

• You stay on your side of 85th street. Lol

jr@mac
  • @hifiside said:
    You stay on your side of 85th street. Lol

Will do, sir. Will do.

hifisideSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Get better soon, JR.

• edited November 2023

@jr@mac said:
    Welp, just tested positive for the 'rona.

But the 'rents are good?

I see where DSM wastewater viral loads have really spiked along with the holiday and cold weather. Take care.

• Lots of stuff going around these days. Get well.

• Still positive, but feeling better today.

I have a signature.
  • ‘Tis the season

kenrhodeshifisideugly_wooferColonel7Ron_E
  • COVID update: feeling better and technically out of the contagious period but my sense of smell is gone. Weird sensation and kind of sucks because I cook largely with my sense of smell along with taste, so I need to be cautious with the spice rack or I could over-season shit.

Back to work tomorrow. We had an injury while I was out and the first responders did not do a good job on it so now my boss is demanding I run all of my first responders through first aid training again. There are 35 of them and the classes take four hours and I have until end of December to get it done. Sigh. I miss maintenance management at this point.

kenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • I hope your sense of smell comes back soon. Sucks that the work issues happened while you were away.

• JR, most people recover their sense of smell on there own but they have come up with treatments for those whose symptoms persist. Google "covid loss of smell treatment".

jr@mac
  • I went all practical and bought new skid steer tires for the price of a couple of Accutons.

PWRRYDtajaneshifisidekenrhodesjr@mac
  • @jr@mac said:
    COVID update: feeling better and technically out of the contagious period but my sense of smell is gone. Weird sensation and kind of sucks because I cook largely with my sense of smell along with taste, so I need to be cautious with the spice rack or I could over-season shit.

I roast my own coffee beans. For couple of month after Covid, coffee smelled like burned rubber. But eventually normal sense of smell came back.

• Sense of smell slowly returning. Otherwise still a little tired.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Never seen a three wheeled skid steer - but I did try to ride a 3 wheeled steer skid once. Honda 3 wheeler.

• I think there is a 4th that they are all propped up on.

Steve_Lee
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    I went all practical and bought new skid steer tires for the price of a couple of Accutons.

I have bought many dozens of forklift tires and several sets of skidsteer tires. Good times. Lots of cash for these types of tires.

I have a signature.

• Shop air filter

Steve_LeekenrhodesDrewsBrewsTom_Sjr@macJasonP

• Butcher block for the kitchen island.

tajaneshifisidekenrhodes6thplanet
  • Lots of daylight in your shop - that is nice! Makes my garage look like a dungeon =)

• Is the curved corner window plastic paned, or is it glass?

• @Wolf said:
    Is the curved corner window plastic paned, or is it glass?

Glass

Steve_Lee
  • @squamishdroc said:
    Lots of daylight in your shop - that is nice! Makes my garage look like a dungeon =)

The downside is that it doesn't have electric lights yet.

Ed_Perkins
  • I bought an unfinished ash drop leaf table more than 25 years ago and put some Watco Danish oil on it. I did a little sanding and put a couple of coats of wipe on poly on and it like new.

Steve_Leeugly_woofer6thplanetTurn2
  • My Grandma and Grandpa had that same table in their kitchen (or at least very close to it) . Can't count how many meals I must have eaten on it. Saturday morning biscuits and gravy.... great memories of them.

jhollander
  • Looks great Ron!