Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Very nice! Were you that close or did you use a telephoto lens?

• I'll have to dig out details, but I was less than 20' away.

I have a signature.
  • As close as I ever want to be to one of those headbutting fuckers.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Wow that is an amazing photo JR!

• I thought he took the pic from the cab of his Dodge/Ram as he pushed through a heard of mountain goats pining for the mountains in the distance . . .

• @Tom_S said:
    Very nice! Were you that close or did you use a telephoto lens?

I forget what lens I used.

I have a signature.

• So this is happening again today.

Steve_Leeugly_wooferR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • Hooked up with a fellow speaker geek (Glenn Hopkins) this weekend. He goes by Drummer on the PE and DIY forums. Been talking to him for three years, finally got together and hung out. We had a jam session Sunday with a couple of his guitar player buddies. Great time. He built a set of the DIYSG Vortex 15's Sweet sounding units. Also has a set of newer JBL and Klipsch speakers. Not a from scratch guy, but loves audio and music.

Here's a video of a jam we did.
    Jam at the Glenn

ugly_woofertajanesWolfNicholas_23jr@macSteve_LeeBilletjhollandersquamishdroc
  • You look a bit bored :p

• Ha! Right. Well it is a bit slower tempo than I normally play😛 It was a nice change, I miss getting to just jam and see what happens. That's the first time in long long time I got to do that. Thanks for listening🤘🏼

Steve_Lee
  • I was waiting for you to break into some Steve Harris reverse arpeggios... then let the head banging begin!

6thplanet
  • I didn't want to frighten the guys. That look is me trying hold the metal within😈

jhollander
  • edited February 2023

When ya gotta go ya gotta go. No sense in holding it in! :o

• Go advice for a number of occasions. :)

• In the words of Eric, "evil waits". It will appear eventually.

6thplanet
  • This was eight years ago, rehearsal/jam session I ended up recording. Said audio buried somewhere. This was one of the projects I was doing sound for, played a bunch of oldies with a modern sound.

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • The drum kit belongs to me cousin, he bought it from Scott Churilla of Reverend Horton Heat. Nice kit.

I have a signature.
  • Speaking of. This was another project, this was from a gig they put together for DakotaDIY 2014. Bryan recorded this with his iPhone. Wife on vocals. Bass and lead guitar from the picture above. All regionally famous musicians.

Keep in mind I dislike Led Zeppelin, and that was a running joke in the band.

hifiside6thplanetSteve_Leeugly_wooferkenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • Well, I'm fine with Zep, and that was a fine rendition. 🤘🏼

jr@mac
  • ...and for Ben.....
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3IH5e-t9QIX7FwUdBFjwQUJ-ZwmP1wh/view?usp=drivesdk
    I did the guitar/bass/vocals. Buddy of mine did drums.😈

Steve_Leeugly_wooferWolf
  • edited February 2023

@6thplanet said:

Here's a video of a jam we did.
    Jam at the Glenn

I figured I would listen to a few seconds to check it out, instead I ended up listening all the way through. Sounds really good!

6thplanet
  • I am stranded at home until plows come by - and my side-street is very low priority. My entire neighborhood is low priority, actually.

Official total for the storm is 12.6", but with SoDak being one of the windiest places on the planet drifting is in the 2-6' range. We experienced gusts to 50mph overnight. Still windy right now, so I will be snowblowing later today to at least get my driveway cleared before the plows throw a bunch more white shit there.

Tomorrow is going to dip in to the high-teens, low 20's... in the negative. Nothing like a deep freeze following a pretty epic blizzard.

Where do the wife and I re-locate?

I have a signature.
  • Drifts. My shovel is going to get a work out! M

jr@mac
  • My antique snow blower is going to struggle, this stuff is pretty hard-packed.

Figure on starting around noon, with -15 to -20 tomorrow I ain't doing anything but driving to work.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

Where do the wife and I re-locate?

Don't pick Rockford... our weather, and taxes suck!

• Ugh, that's fucking awful.

• Id pick a state that doesnt sell snow blowers!

6thplanet
  • Just got done blowing snow an hour ago. Just now getting feeling back in the finger tips. Sick of this winter , IM DONE!