Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• https://www.facebook.com/561377783/videos/150899851222302/

Let me know if link works, just a short video of the exhaust :)

Steve_Leesquamishdroc4thtry6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2023

She’s a beauty- really like the wheels as well

She got a name?

• No true name, but she has been referred to as the Bronze Bomber and The Old Girl.

tajanes
    I have a signature.
  • @tajanes said:

Torq Thrusts are my fave! Sounds killer JR. Hope you get to take her for a spin soon.

jr@mac
  • @tommytunes50 said:

@tajanes said:

Torq Thrusts are my fave! Sounds killer JR. Hope you get to take her for a spin soon.

Well, we had another blizzard yesterday that took us to 67" of snow this season. Looks to finally getting in to the 40's next week but will be raining. She gets squirrely in the rain.

When I inherited the old girl she had OEM steel wheels and factory sized tires. I lowered it (suspension needed rebuilt anyways) and chose the Torq-thrust wheels and BFG tires because they both just kind of look like they would have been installed in the 70's. In fact, I dressed it out whenever possible to look like someone would have done so 40 or 50 years ago.

Summertime picture:

Vintage looking power plant:

I'll take her out in a few weeks.

Turn2squamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • The FiTech took a shit on me, so she is carbureted again until I can save the banana peels for the Holley FI system. Runs like a boss, plenty of power and I have a AOD waiting in the wings.

I have a signature.

• I g
    I found some wire to make new interconnects. Now I just need to find some heavier gauge for a power cord. This will give me an enormous manhood...ur...ummm..... soundstage. :p

Steve_Leejr@macsquamishdrocjhollanderkenrhodesWolf6thplanetR-Carpenter

• The wall of shame in my bedroom.

PWRRYDhifisideSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Are you trying to build a PA system for a Greatful Dead concert?

PWRRYDjr@macColonel7Steve_Lee
  • Spent several hours tuning the tablesaw and cleaning the garage today. Made a little sawdust testing it out, and took the old truck for a quick spin, too.

kenrhodesjhollander
    I have a signature.
  • So we had a rough couple weeks in La Case de Richards.

My wifes uncle died last week - he was a cool cat.

My grandmother (I am blessed to still have a grandmother as I am almost 50 years old) entered hospice and is not expected to live.

My baby cousin OD'd on meth and is currently on life support with massive brain damage - last report I got was her organs were starting to shutdown on her. She had her demons, but it is still a tragic ending to a tragic life. She will be leaving three kids behind.

My favorite uncle has beaten cancer twice and is now facing round three - but it has metastasized in to his blood. Doesn't look good. He is the one who gifted me the old truck.

Count your blessings and enjoy the good days. I may be pall-bearered out by Indy.

6thplanetTurn2tajanesWolfSteve_Leeugly_woofer4thtryS7910
    I have a signature.
  • You'll be in my thoughts, JR....

• edited April 2023

Such sad news :( As you and I have spoken off line you are in my prayers my Brother. There is nothing I can say that will change anything regarding their health. My thoughts and prayers are for comfort for you and all your family. See you in two weeks and I will give you a big brother hug.

• Damn JR. That's a lot of the rough parts of life all at once. Sorry to hear it brother.

• Sorry JR, all the tough things are hitting at the same time...

• Sorry to hear you and yours have hit such a rough time. Peace be with you.

• Thank you for the kind words, guys. Life can sure get complicated sometimes.

It is a testament to this group that I feel I can share these things. Thank you for that as well.

kenrhodes6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • I wish you and yours all the best JR - We all have challenges and stuff that life brings-us, frequently in abundance.

Be well and take care of yourself 1st otherwise you well be good for nobody.

jr@mac
  • My grandmother died today, and they are pulling the plug on my cousin Tuesday when the organ harvesting happens.

I have a signature.
  • Wow. Hope your year turns around. Sorry for your losses.

jr@mac
  • edited April 2023

@Wolf said:
    Craig, it's 3 weeks out....

Oh wow, fantastic, it is! That extra week motivates me to paint my enclosures instead of just bringing them as naked particle board boxes. They will sound exactly the same but at least that one guy won't tell me again this year how great my speakers sound but how "DIY" they look! lol

Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • We ended up pulling the plug at 5PM yesterday, and I got the call at midnite that she had died.

I have a signature.
  • Sorry for your losses, JR. Take care of yourself and your family.

• edited April 2023

I just ordered a few sheets of 12x12inch self adhesive felt from Grainger (1/8th, 2/8ths, and 3/8ths to slice into 1x4 inch strips, to sort-a set in random patterns to make an absorber / diffuser layer for inside walls of speaker - too much time on my hands) but anyway, below is a pic of the shipment the boxes they came in - each size in a box, and then boxes in a bigger box. And there is yet another shipment coming with the 3/8ths inch sheets.

Ya'd think these were made of glass.

DanP
  • The stuff is pretty expensive for what it is . . .

• Boom! And just like that my speaker project has two coats of paint and looks way better than their former naked PB self. Weather here has been ideal for painting and curing in the sun.

Steve_Leetajanesjhollanderhifiside6thplanet
  • edited April 2023

My old surplus frequency counter decided to become a doorstop, so I bought an old Tektronix on eBay. Shipped out of Chicago - this is the best route to Cedar Rapids according to USPS??

kenrhodesPWRRYDtajanes4thtrySteve_LeeTurn2
  • Something positive for a change - I might be going back in to live sound. Local band. Need a lot of help, not the least of which is a shitty singer lol. I will do my best to make her sound good, though.

kenrhodesSilver1omo4thtrySteve_LeeR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • That's great, JR! It's a great time for local FOH people. The pro-sumer level gear has gotten so much better (and lighter!) in the last 2 decades. I loved my little Behringer X18 box mixer. That's a lot of processing power for under $1K and it actually sounds good too.