Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• I started the hanging from a bar routine to rehab my impingement. Best exercise I've ever done for shoulder rehab and prevention.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    I started the hanging from a bar routine to rehab my impingement. Best exercise I've ever done for shoulder rehab and prevention.

I started the hanging in a bar routine, but that belongs in a different thread....

6thplanetSteve_LeetajanesPWRRYDjr@mac
  • I have heard that 12 ounce curls are good for shoulder rehab too.

jr@mactajanes
  • Seriously, the exercises I was shown really boil down to "use it through the entire range of motion, assist with good arm if needed".

So, I'll just do what I do.

Steve_LeeSilver1omo
    I have a signature.

• First sign of spring at the JR household is the removal of the old girls pajamas and the annual recharge of her battery. I bought a maintainer, I really should use it some day.

Nicholas_23Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Speaking of car batteries... I went through several red top Optima batteries in my Mustang. They weren't cheap and I was pissed that they only lasted a year or two. Based on a suggestion from a fellow racer I bought a yellow top Optima. It was pricey, about $180 when normal lead acids were only $80ish. It's been in the Mustang now for almost 20 years! I throw the tender on it every couple months when I remember to. Just cranked the old girl over last weekend. Seems to have the same power as when it was brand new. YMMV

jhollander6thplanetjr@macNicholas_23Steve_Lee
  • Yeah, after three red tops, I ditched them all together. They are to expensive now, back to mildly expensive regular battery.

• I think I read the optimas productions were shipped to Mexico? They have not been the same since. Someone can correct me.

• Been flinging the new neighbors dog poop back on their front porch as of recent. They turn the hound out but dont clean up after it. Pissed me off the other morning went I went into work with dog shit on one of my new Truman boots that I save up for to buy. "whats that smell" ? Now the the damn dog is digging holes on this side of the yard making a golf course . Not sure how to address it other than keep flinging the dog shit over onto their front porch and hoping I hit it . I dont think they should have a hound if they cant think of others. P.S. Husky . I dont want to turn into a dick because I can get bad .

• Motion detector sprinklers worked for me until I finally moved out of the suburbs altogether.

Ed_Perkins
  • The second week of Autumn and we get our hottest days of the year: 38C today, 39C Sunday and 38C Monday; about 102F.

Too hot for our new puppy to be outside; even the nights will be 25C-28C so little relief there

Bleah!

Geoff

• I have not had caffeine since Valentines day. Yay me.

Going to kick the sticks next - already down to half or so from where I was a month ago. Have no decided if before or after Indy is my final quit date.

Steve_Lee6thplanetjhollander
    I have a signature.
  • Quit now

• @6thplanet said:
    Quit now

I still have one more step-down to do. Cold turkey and I do not get along. I learned a lot about myself and addiction while I was eliminating the caffeine, otherwise I would give cold turkey a shot.

Steve_Lee6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • That's cool, at least your well on your way. More people should be that strong.

• On a down note, I've picked up five rock chips in five years on the Sorento - three of them in last three months, two since yesterday. One on way home from work yesterday and one on my way in today. Bullshit, I tell ya.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Some old friends were cleaning out their attic and wanted to know if I wanted some old speakers and a computer. When I went to check out what they had I found some rather large EPI 2 ways. The cabinets were pretty rough and very heavy and the woofers had been replaced. I pulled the woofers and they were Peerless 831709 drivers. Nothing fancy but an 8" stamped frame poly woofer in decent shape. I brought the woofers home.

The old computer was 20 years old and featured Windows XP, Athlon 1500+ CPU, half meg of memory, 40Gb HD and dial up modem. I had built it for them and after reseating the memory it fired right up. I've been able to pull all the files off it to a 32Gb flash drive and I suspect they'll be happy to have all the old photos.

Ron

jr@macPWRRYDGeoffMillarugly_wooferEggguySteve_Lee4thtry
  • Really nice 8" subs in their day...

• @jr@mac said:

@6thplanet said:
    Quit now

I still have one more step-down to do. Cold turkey and I do not get along. I learned a lot about myself and addiction while I was eliminating the caffeine, otherwise I would give cold turkey a shot.

The nicotine gum helped me.

Ed_Perkins
  • Wow, never woulda guessed you were a smoker, John.

• @Wolf said:
    Really nice 8" subs in their day...

The datasheet says they have an fs of 25.

• @Wolf said:
    Wow, never woulda guessed you were a smoker, John.

Years ago. Started as a social thing. Tough to quit.

• We now have a four legged friend in the house again after about a year without one. We named him Henry and they think he's a Schnoodle. He seems pretty smart. He loves to lay on your lap and be petted. He knows some commands and they say he learned to ring a little bell when he needs to go out. It's only been 18 hours but he seems to have adapted very quickly. So far the only negative - he woke us up barking at someone getting in their car at 3am. That'll teach us to close the drapes at night.

Steve_Leetajanesjr@macGeoffMillarugly_wooferKornbreadjhollander
  • New kid in the house. Congrats, we taught our dogs to ring the bell for outside also it makes things easy.

• Congratulations, he's handsome!

He looks like a Schnoodle - we had two; delightful and sometimes a little mischievous! Ours just loved being with us.

Re the barking, our insurance company gave us a small discount on our house policy because we had our Schnoodles: the size didn't matter, but their barking would supposedly put off unwelcome visitors.

Suggest keeping him on a low fat diet and give him plenty of vegetables to avoid the health issues which can occur in later life.

Our new family member is now 10 weeks and really developing his personality.

Geoff

• Happy St Patrick's day. Slainte!

(Yes I know is tomorrow, but I'm already celebrating.)

kenrhodesugly_wooferR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • For us American-Micks, St Paddy's is a special day. We drink our way in and fight our way out lol.

ugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • Here is what has preempted me finishing the Anomalies as of late. We had a portable (convertible) Maytag dishwasher, and it was almost 20 yrs old. Looking for a new of the same was leaving distaste in terms of capacity, features, and reliable branding. Seems they don't make those like they used to. This meant I had to retrofit a new conventional unit into the cabinets we have. Over the period of the last 3 weeks, mainly the last 2 thanks to Flu-B, I pulled the drawer cab from the only section this would fit, and adapted all of the connections.

It turns out 2 of my aunts/uncles and my sis/BIL all have LG units, and they are rated number 2 on the consumer reports. My inlaws had a Bosch (number 1 rated) that lasted 6 months, and now are on a Kitchenaid that is looking like it has seen better days. My wife and I liked the LG, and it was on sale.

Thought I was doing right, swapped for a GFCI, but the pump kicks on and tripped out every time. 125V/15A rating must be briefly exceeded upon starting up. So I went to put back the first duplex and it cracked, so I replaced the outlet 3x unnecessarily. Had to replace one sink basket for issues, and then they were different lengths, so went back to HD got a second one and did it too. Used a T valve for the hot line tap, and an all in one drain with DW drain port from basket to trap. Ran test and leveled, and thought had condensation on the Hot line supply, but now think it is a very small leak. Need to address this, but should be minor, water is off for now.
    What a chore, and I am sore.

6thplanetSteve_Leetajanes
  • I also made the 1x trim piece and added the bevel to see the elapsed time. We'll see if my wife wants it enlarged in the future.

• Yeah, the whole control/display on top is stupid, for that reason right there.

Easy jobs ALWAYS seem to have their asterisks.... usually multiple ones.🤦🏻‍♂️