Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Mountain Climbing
    Never In My Life
    https://music.apple.com/us/album/never-in-my-life/192492198?i=192492212

Popped up in my related station picks - damn I’m old, but one of many Mountain songs to crank up, just a bit

Steve_Lee
  • I remember Leslie West's solo album, entitled "The Great Fatsby"

Geoff

tajanes
  • Bob was a comic genius. I watched Newhart, loved him on Big Bang, etc. Thought he was older though.

• Professor Proton

WolfTom_S
  • The Bob Newhart Show was a weekly event at our house growing up. We all loved Newhart when I was in college. A quiet, likable guy with amazing talent.

tajanesGeoffMillarPWRRYD

• Subtle.

6thplanetugly_wooferGeoffMillarSteve_LeeEggguyjhollander
  • Glory Days at Byron Dragway. Nothing newer than 1966. Lots of gassers and front engine dragsters. My friend Ron running his 1954 Harley KHK, flat head 750:

A crazy flame throwing Ford van:

jr@machifisideWolfugly_woofer6thplanetSteve_LeeTurn2jhollander
  • I didn't take anymore pictures but there was a ton of really cool old school cars running. My favorite was a 1957 T-bird AA gasser running a 331 cubic inch Y block. Sucker ran mid 9's all nuts (normally aspirated). There were a couple guys who had backup girls... none that could hold a candle to Jungle Pam in her day =)

jr@macugly_woofer6thplanet
  • Mmmm Jungle Pam

ugly_woofer6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Never heard of a Y block before, looked it up and do now, but my family was mostly Mopar in terms of old car stories. Didn't know who Jungle Pam was either....

• There were plenty of old school 392 HEMI engines there. The old slingshot dragsters are intiguing to me. How enyone back then would feel even somewhat ok with their nuts sitting right against the rear pumpkin, their legs draped over the rear axle tubes, and their feet/ankles right next to the clutch-can amazes me.

6thplanet
  • I have a feeling the newer dragsters with engines behind are a lot safer, barring a wreck. Even so, I have a feeling a lot of the old racers were braver than the more recent.

Loved the Mullet-Machine, BTW... wheelie bumper with wheelies for the plate.
    There is actually a local guy that has created a Mystery Machine, and drives it all over the place.

• Hell yeah! Old school diggers rule🤘🏼
    If it wasn't for and exploding clutch assy taking out Don Garlits foot, the rear engine dragsters wouldn't have been ushered in so soon. Times were pretty crazy back then....in pretty much all motor sports. Lots of scary engineering😉

• Starting to get front panels fitted and hardware.

jr@mackenrhodeshifisideWolfugly_woofertajanesColonel7Tom_SSteve_LeeTurn2and 1 other.
  • That red snakeskin with the center stripe looks fantastic!

6thplanet
  • They all look great!
    I suspect you have them all sold, yes?

• Thanks and no, three are spoken for.

• @6thplanet said:
    Thanks and no, three are spoken for.

Which ones remain and what are the specific purpose and specs of these amps?
    Bass amps or Guitar?

• @6thplanet said:
    I'm thinking I mentioned I scored a prototype bass amp by VHT at a MusicGoRound back in March. Thing sounds freaking amazing, but it's only 100watts. After getting it going I took it to practice and it just didn't have the power to do the job, even through 8-10's.

That set the ball rolling for what I finally got going this weekend. I built the preamp that VHT was using, modified that with some of my own tweaks, and run that to an ICEpower 700AS1 amplifier module.
    So far I'm digging it, sounds like the VHT, but has some balls now. Got practice tomorrow so some R&D can take place.

Future, I plan to make an actual amp chassis and PCBs. I built a head box that matches my cabs for the VHT, the tube amp will go back in it's OE box and this amp will take it's place in the custom one.

My prototype:

Is this ^ the same amp as the ones you are now completing, Eric?

• Yes, that's it. The tan and wanut and one of the black ones are spoken for. The last one not to sell will be the one I keep. I don't currently know what I'll be selling them for, but I'm trying to be under $1500.

Steve_Lee
  • They finally gave a tornado count from a week ago Monday. We set a new one day record with 27.

Steve_Lee
  • Oofdah. SoDak record is 66.

Glad you are safe, brother.

ugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • Three of those 27 were within 15 miles of me.

jr@mac
  • Did the rest you see Chuck's post on FB about his tree damage?

• No, I don't have a fb account. Did he get hit hard?

• It looks like they live out in the woods and had quite a few trees down. One hit a barn and took a big chunk out of a soffit. They are OK, house and cars are OK too, but it sounds like he almost got hit by one.

• @Tom_S said:
    It looks like they live out in the woods and had quite a few trees down. One hit a barn and took a big chunk out of a soffit. They are OK, house and cars are OK too, but it sounds like he almost got hit by one.

That sucks :/ Hoping all is ok with Chuck and his family.