Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Someone needs to stick a fork in PETT.

hifisideGeoffMillar
  • Haven't been there in a looooong time. What's going on ... or not going on?

• edited June 20

Engagement seems to have slowed to a trickle. On top of their previous issues that drove alot of people away years ago, the system was really struggling and erroring out. I held out for quite a while, but pretty much gave up. Took them too long to finally upgrade it.

So here is pretty much the only forum I check on anymore. diyaudio is just too much.

Steve_Lee
  • edited June 20

@Kornbread said:
    Haven't been there in a looooong time. What's going on ... or not going on?

Me either. Just looked there yesterday for the first time in quite a while. Little to nothing going on there worth any importance. Averaging about 3 posts per day. .There is the DML bag and Grumpy.

• Spent 4hrs out in the sun yesterday to get a single 2"x8" installed on the deck roof. Man I'm out of shape. Tough to handle the heat.

Steve_Lee
  • I still check PE daily, but it really has slowed to a crawl save for the still present regulars.

• Happy 26th anniversary to Mrs JR and myself.

silverDtajanesPWRRYDa4eaudio4thtryjholtzSteve_LeeRon_E6thplanettrawand 9 others.
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Happy 26th anniversary to Mrs JR and myself.

Cheers

• Well done sir! Anniversaries are not celebrated as well as they should be. I'm only 5 years behind you. =)

jr@mac6thplanetGeoffMillar
  • Same here, hit 21 years in May.

6thplanetGeoffMillar
  • Flood warning alert on my phones woke me up at 3:00AM last night. My part of the state may get federal disaster declarion, holy shit some of the towns along the rivers are completely under water.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • I'm wondering if that's the storm that going to ruin racing on Sunday.😒

• Probably. Sorry. Our local dirt track is under two feet of water right now.

Steve_LeeTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • We tried to head south to another location today , nope , all three highways to the location were flooded over , didnt bother trying the gravel roads. Most of the corn and bean files have been turned into lakes. We ended up shutting down the office at noon so employees could head home. JR , you should see skunk creek right now , its impressive !

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    We tried to head south to another location today , nope , all three highways to the location were flooded over , didnt bother trying the gravel roads. Most of the corn and bean files have been turned into lakes. We ended up shutting down the office at noon so employees could head home. JR , you should see skunk creek right now , its impressive !

I heard 12th is down because of it, only second time in my life I remember that happening.

I have a signature.
  • This is the creek behind our house, which is usually about 12 inches deep by 6 feet wide at any time of the year.

jr@macugly_woofer
  • @hifiside said:
    This is the creek behind our house, which is usually about 12 inches deep by 6 feet wide at any time of the year. !

Best of luck. Looks like the building behind may soon be back-draining into their basement...

• The way Tea and the roads around there are I thought I was going to have stay at your place tonight, Brad. I left work early to try and avoid things but still drive through 6" of water by the new Casey's.

I have a signature.
  • The hound dogs ears kinda says it all, doesnt it..... More rain on the way fellas

• It’s been worse here before. The doors are always open JR. my girl has been cooped up for 3 days cuz she can’t play in the yard. I hear we have 3-5 more inches coming in the next 24hrs.

jr@mac
  • I think we are getting a reprieve on the rain, according to latest radar.

I have a signature.
  • edited June 21

Oofdah! Sorry to hear about the flooding guys!

• Fifth Gear had an episode (sorry not sure which one) where an older VW GTI was converted to webers > ~ 20% more HP (early injection gti) and the sound was way better as well.
    Anyway- its a good series if you like cars (imo)

• We are in severe thunderstorm warning now, with another 2-5" predicted. I'd be surprised if I don't have water in my basement in the morning.

I have a signature.
  • Indoor swimming pool - no problems with leaves . . .

You guys take care - hate it for you.

• Wet basements suck.

• edited June 22

I think you guys can cut it out up there any time now. Wowzers. I thought Huron and Chamberlain were supposed to be near desert.

• Yeah, little wet around here. My rain gauge says 9" or so at my house.

I have a signature.
  • 9" !!!!