Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

Comments

• edited April 3

Would it be OK to use the total coat bed liner over the Benjamin Moore primer?
    Or would it be better to apply it directly over the plywood?

• You can put it over the top of primer. I do it all the time.

Silver1omo
  • Almost sad most of these will be stripped for parts and Throwing away.

Turn2
  • Which ones and why? Maybe list them if something is useful to someone (me?)

• Any of the things I will have for Sale will be on our Pre-Parts page on the website.
    https://www.jfcomponents.com/pre-parts

ani_101
  • I don't see any speakers in the photo listed in on the website Pre-Parts page. Is that coming up?

• It shows up on my computer

• Listings and pics show up on my phone

• Some outstanding deals there.

I have a signature.
  • I can see the page too. I assumed (and I think Ani too) that Brad was going to list some of the completed speakers shown in his photo. Guess that was an incorrect assumption.

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    I can see the page too. I assumed (and I think Ani too) that Brad was going to list some of the completed speakers shown in his photo. Guess that was an incorrect assumption.

Now I see. I would maybe try and sell a few of the commercial ones locally but that’s it. There is no way I’m shipping those big heavy ones.

Steve_Lee
  • Sorry Novice speaker you did not make the CUT. These were the ones I built the 8” driver for 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Silver1omojr@macugly_wooferPWRRYDSteve_LeeKornbread
  • edited April 5

When one speaker closes another one opens.

kenrhodesugly_wooferEggguyrjj45Turn2
  • Looks like I’ll be harvesting X-O parts again.

kenrhodesjr@macSteve_Lee
  • Bountiful harvest!

• Ugh. I didn't want to look too close. That dumpster might exceed my best work.

rjj45hifisideSteve_LeeEd_PerkinsScottSjhollander
  • @Turn2 said:
    Ugh. I didn't want to look too close. That dumpster might exceed my best work.

What I was thinking.

• There the garbage can won’t blow away today.

Steve_Leeugly_wooferTurn2
  • I sorta get it. 😢
    I personally would never build something to end up there.

• I'm going to need to do that soon if I can't find homes for old projects. I tend to build big and that doesn't jive much with non audio weirdos like me.. but it also doesn't jive with storage. Difficult decisions must be made eventually if we are to continue with the hobby.

Steve_LeeAnalogkid455
  • There’s only a few things that I’m emotionally attached to and it ain’t speakers!

kenrhodesSteve_LeePWRRYDEggguyjr@macScottS
  • @hifiside said:
    There’s only a few things that I’m emotionally attached to and it ain’t speakers!

Yeah, with the exception of one pair I got over my sentimentalism regarding speaker builds a long time ago. Now I keep several pair around based purely on performance. The rest are subject to disposal at any time.

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • Major spring cleaning going on here. More info to come.

ugly_wooferjr@mac
  • Those look familiar.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Eat a lot of chili, do you?

rjj45
  • Mmmm chili

Steve_Lee
  • Taco Bell.

6thplanet
  • edited April 12

Lol. Actually their paper towels that are left over from my previous business.