Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IEC test baffle.

Comments

• edited November 2023

Distortion at 2V/1m? Rather low SPL, and should also still be much more than 70dB level shown, should see SPL about -3dB from 2.83V spec. For example last driver Multicomp 55-2960 is just showing Omnimic noise floor >200Hz. Alternatively, you can help the Omnimic noise floor by 10dB simply by moving the mic closer to 315mm distance, so SPL at the mic will be 10dB greater in this case, easy math to provide 1m equivalent SPL.

tktran
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited November 2023

Nice @hifiside

+1 to what @dcibel said
    Does Omnimic have ability to take repeated measurements, thus improving SNR? I use this feature in REW, when I must take measurements at 1m

• Ominimic works perfectly well with REW FWIW. It's noise floor is high though, with 70dB fundamental, distortion measurement SNR is only 50dB, or 0.3% at best, so when you do test a well performing driver, it'll just be a noise measurement.

• Buyout EAS8P338 3”. IEC.

Silver1omoSteve_Leejhollander
  • Buyout sharp cone tweeter IEC.

Silver1omougly_wooferjhollander
  • I'm thinking...triangles. What about a pinion and two casters?

(top down view)

• It should be fine, Dirk.

• Oh damn, the thread started on March 31st? This place really does like to resurrect old posts. Totally missed that. LOL

• @Dirk said:
    Oh damn, the thread started on March 31st? This place really does like to resurrect old posts. Totally missed that. LOL

Mic distance isn’t the problem here. I believe my mic lost its sensitivity over the years.

• Ok. Think we have it figured out till they get a new Mic for me. (Out of stock)
    IEC mic distance 0.5m
    2.83v @ 50hz (track 18 Omni disc)
    All measurements at 2.83v -0.5m
    15ms gate. 1/24th smoothing.
    This is the Second 20 of buyouts I got with truncated face.

• Sensitivity should be within 0.5-1.0db.

• @hifiside said:
    Ok. Think we have it figured out till they get a new Mic for me. (Out of stock)

Omnimic is discontinued, so don't count on that stock being replenished. The ADC chip is end of life so they physically can't make any more. You'll have to wait until the new Omnimic v3 comes out, or go with alternate solution like miniDSP mic and change over to REW.

• I have a minidsp mic but I can see the serial number.

• I really thought that they would have measured better for the price they were 20 yrs ago.

• They don't measure too bad, but yeah - they were pretty spendy.

I gotta say, though - on the mounting tabs it is obvious they used sheetrock screws lol.

I have a signature.
  • Wavecor WF168WA05

jhollanderSteve_LeedcibelColonel7
  • Looks like a killer midrange for a high end 3 way.

jr@mac
  • Any guesses on this one.?

• Geez - the HD and FR look great - What is it?

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Purifi ?

No

• Wavecor WF182BD10 ?

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Wavecor WF182BD10 ?

No… I have some of those coming next week tho to test.

• [most of] Your TJ line of products seem to be for drivers not [yet?] offered for sale . . . care to enlighten?

• @Steve_Lee said:
    [most of] Your TJ line of products seem to be for drivers not [yet?] offered for sale . . . care to enlighten?

The jig inserts? Products take time to to arrive. I have over 300 products on there you can’t see. When they’re on their way, I start to post things on the website.

Steve_LeesilverD
  • edited December 2023

@hifiside said:
    Any guesses on this one.?!

Outa my price range is my guess.

Steve_Lee
  • Steve was Very… close but wrong brand.

• Probably CSS, then?

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • lol. Yes. I don’t know what the differences are from the driver Steve mentioned but the CSS is very quiet during testing and measures well.

• SIG120-4 @2.83v.
    When testing distortion at 4.24v the driver didn’t like it.

dcibelSteve_Lee