Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IEC test baffle.

Comments

• Ok that is more impressive than I thought, very smooth distortion profile. I bet it sounds pretty dang good. Though volume limited, from what you are saying.

• Wavecor TW030WA11
    Distortion @ 2.83v & 4.24v

Steve_Lee
  • I mah have missed them, but did you do the MAC drivers with HD? It’s be good to see how they do versus the Daytona signatures

Steve_Lee
  • Nyet ^ (No in Russian, Not Yet, compound contraction in English).

Looking forward to the HD sweeps for the MAC series of drivers as well . . .

• Huh. I thought those were posted. I just did the MAC-06. I will do the 4”-5” tonight and post when it’s quieter in here.

Steve_LeeColonel7
  • New mic so I re-measured FR and Distortion.
    MAC-04
    ![](https://diy.midwestaudio.club/uploads/editor/1
    q/ft2e5j8wwbjk.jpg "")

Colonel7Steve_Leejr@mac
  • I'm surprised more people have not bought some of these drivers.

hifisideugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • I don't see the MAC-6 sweeps anywhere yet but thanks for the data so far, hifiside!!

Got a pair of MAC-4's inbound . . .

• Made couple boxes for mac6. Rst28f and nd28fw have the same cutout so I will try both. I am not that good for designing passive crossover, it will take a lot of trial and error until i come up with something acceptable, but yesterday i tried using dayton kabd dsp amplifier and rst28f and they sound awesome

hifiside
  • edited December 2023

Dang that 5" just went from the ugly duckling to the star of the show! Finding a tweeter that doesn't cost over double to match it's distortion and cross down below 2k would be quite the challenge. Good problem to have I suppose.

Dangit. I promised myself I was going to stop buying drivers until a few more builds whittle the stock down some. This isn't helping

hifisideSteve_Lee
  • @DrewsBrews said:
    Dang that 5" just went from the ugly duckling to the star of the show! Finding a tweeter that doesn't cost over double to match it's distortion and cross down below 2k would be quite the challenge. Good problem to have I suppose.

Why below 2k?

• edited December 2023

That HD3 bump. If you want to try to maintain that 50db down distortion profile.

And to clarify I said ugly duckling since it seemed some folks were disappointed by the enclosure size it would need for 2-way. This would become more moot if used as a very low distortion mid.

Steve_Lee
  • The chopping block tonight.

Bogda89Steve_Lee
  • I welcome the Dynavox poly-old-frame measurements.

hifiside
  • SB17NRXC35-4

PWRRYDSteve_Lee
  • Dynavox LW6004PMR

Steve_Lee
  • Dayton ND140-8
    Why were these so popular at once?

PWRRYDSteve_Lee
  • Still better than -40dB on all 3 of those. SB is the best HD wise, but all 3 are usable.

jholtz
  • I definitely like the ol Dynvox. I did have an issue of the surrounds coming loose were they are glued to the frame. Had to break out the CA glue.

kenrhodes
  • @6thplanet said:
    I definitely like the ol Dynvox. I did have an issue of the surrounds coming loose were they are glued to the frame. Had to break out the CA glue.

I had to do the same.

6thplanet
  • I have a pair of the new style 6.5" Dynavox, might be interesting to do a side-by-side of the two and see if anything meaningful has changed over the years. Interested?

silverD6thplanethifiside
    I have a signature.
  • I can drop off the 5.25" poly as well.

silverD
    I have a signature.
  • I’d love to test them.

• OK, I'll figure out a drop time.

I have a signature.
  • @Bogda89 said:

That could be a really nice combo!

Bogda89
  • @jr@mac said:
    OK, I'll figure out a drop time.

I have that Infiniti, 8 inch and 4 inch in my office too.