Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dakota DIY 2024: June 7-8

Comments

• Sounds like I’ll have a deadline again.

jr@mac
  • That deadline fell through. Can’t find Formica laminate in time.

• Sumbitch.

I have a signature.
  • Two weeks!! Looks like I need to get hopping on the veneer and paint.

• I'm pretty lucky, my local menards stocks lots of formica. We also have Lumbermans in town, they have pretty much everything.

• Would it be possible for Brad to bring a speaker in raw PB? OH MY! Just the thought of it triggers me... :p

Steve_LeeBryan@MAC
  • 😆 my projects been done, it was for another diy’er I was going to try and finish before the event.

• @kenrhodes said:
    I'm pretty lucky, my local menards stocks lots of formica. We also have Lumbermans in town, they have pretty much everything.

I imagine "furniture city" will have pretty good stock in a variety of items.

• Our Menards used to carry all kinds of it. But I guess nobody bought it so they are deep pleading the inventory and now it’s only special order. We do have some other places to get it from but the prices that they have it would’nt be cost-effective they wanted like $300 for a 30 x 96 just plain black or plain white. I special ordered a couple 4‘ x 8‘ pieces from Menards. They’ll be here right around the event.

• My local Home Depot actually has a decent selection formica sheets. I've never checked my Menards for it. I'll have to see what they have next visit.

6thplanet
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Would it be possible for Brad to bring a speaker in raw PB? OH MY! Just the thought of it triggers me... :p

If a few prototype coils show up before the event I might bring the Purfi-Raaal build which is in raw form yet.

Turn2
  • Epic stuff right there!!! Purifi and RAAAAAAL in raw particle board. I love it.

• Whoa whoa. I said raw form I said nothing about particleboard or MDF. Lol.

• You just disappointed me :#

• edited May 24

This is Brad's version of raw form... Because it needs a few more coats of clear LOL

Turn2Steve_LeeAnalogkid455
  • @hifiside said:
    That deadline fell through. Can’t find Formica laminate in time.

I have a lot of countertop laminate remnants that I will be hauling to Ankeny to get rid of, so don't buy too much Brad. I will hook you up.

Steve_Leehifiside
  • Home Depot around here used to sell it too. Been awhile since I've ever used any, so couldn't say if they still do.

• Veneering is done! On to a quick sanding, wax finish, and painting the other bits. I might actually have time to listen to the finished speakers before loading them in the car.

jr@machifiside6thplanetPWRRYDugly_wooferjhollandertajanesjohnny5jzkenrhodesSilver1omoand 3 others.
  • @Tom_S would you kindly share your pics after the event for the MAC archive? I'll be there in spirit this year. Rock on you guys!!

My signature goes here
  • Sure - no problem!

Bryan@MAC
  • Pork shoulder thawing, beans stocked, and we are going to grab buns and a fruit tray as well.

I hurt my shoulder pretty good, will need help moving stuff this weekend ☹️

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Pork shoulder thawing, beans stocked, and we are going to grab buns and a fruit tray as well.

I hurt my shoulder pretty good, will need help moving stuff this weekend ☹️

When do you want to put the shoulders on?

• I'll put them on about 3:00AM.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Are we doing CDs or USB drives? Did I miss that?

• CD

I have a signature.
  • I'll have to run someone else's demo. I don't think I even have a CD drive at home or at work anymore.

• @Tom_S said:
    I'll have to run someone else's demo. I don't think I even have a CD drive at home or at work anymore.

If you want, you can send me a demo and I can burn a disk.

I have a signature.
  • Thanks JR! If I have time to make a new one, I'll send it your way.