Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dakota DIY 2024: June 7-8

1235ยป

Comments

• Oh, I get where you come from - what are you, seven?

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Everyone make it home safe?

I have a signature.
  • I did. Mine was the shortest drive tho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

jr@mac
  • @hifiside said:
    I did. Mine was the shortest drive tho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I bet mine was shorter ๐Ÿค”

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • JR, Amanda - had a great time on Friday and Saturday with a very relaxed get together.

Made it back yesterday late night - with a few stops on the way.

jr@mac
  • I made great time getting home. There's almost no traffic at 6:30am on Sunday and I only stopped once for gas.

jr@mac
  • I got pulled over in Iowa for being 6 mph over the limit. WTF. He was fairly polite, but made a point of telling me that they don't put up with that in Iowa. Needless to say I was not impressed by his authoritah! And cops wonder why people hate them. They really should try some common sense and quit the bullshit. I was on a vacant road early in the morning, and the best part is that I thought I was taking my time. Any where near Chicago you'd get run over at that speed.

Okay rant finished.

jr@mackenrhodes6thplanetBryan@MACAnalogkid455
  • The falls are pretty.

hifisideNicholas_23jr@macTurn2DanPBryan@MAC
  • @jr@mac said:

@hifiside said:
    I did. Mine was the shortest drive tho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I bet mine was shorter ๐Ÿค”

Yep your way closer.

jr@mac
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    Any where near Chicago you'd get run over at that speed.

I don't think they stop anyone for speeding in Illinois.

I generally go 4 or 5 mph over on the interstates here in Iowa and have people passing me all the time. I can't remember the last time I got stopped.

Sorry I missed the party but long drives are currently a chore. Looks like I missed some interesting builds.

See you all in Ankeny.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    I got pulled over in Iowa for being 6 mph over the limit. WTF. He was fairly polite, but made a point of telling me that they don't put up with that in Iowa. Needless to say I was not impressed by his authoritah! And cops wonder why people hate them. They really should try some common sense and quit the bullshit. I was on a vacant road early in the morning, and the best part is that I thought I was taking my time. Any where near Chicago you'd get run over at that speed.

Okay rant finished.

Interesting. I didn't know we even HAD a HP in the state anymore, or why they singled you out over the other 50% of traffic going faster. Must have caught Buford on a bad day.

• There was no other traffic. The road was empty. :)

• the radar detector going off probably woke him up

6thplanetTom_Sjr@mac
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    There was no other traffic. The road was empty. :)

2 lane, US 20 or I-80, if you don't mind saying?

• Did he issue you a ticket or just a warning?

• Just a warning. Not a huge deal, just ridiculous.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Just a warning. Not a huge deal, just ridiculous.

He must have been really bored! Makes you wonder if they have quota for "interactions"?

• My neighbor is s HiPo and swears they don't run on quotas, but will alleviate boredom by pulling someone over for speeding.

I have a signature.
  • Yep, my ex roommate was a cop and he swore there were no quotas what so ever. Night time police (like he was) are so overwhelmed with domestic battery and you name it type calls they never run radar. Cops that start their shift around 6:00 AM are typically bored eating donuts and drinking cheap (free) gas station coffee and do the traffic crap.

FWIW I got pinched by the Iowa radar/camera BS on I-80 on my way to Ankeny last fall. 65 in a 55 (just crossing the Mississippi river into Iowa). Only $75 so I just paid it by mail and moved on.

• As an aside, I absolutely had a blast this weekend. Thanks to all who showed up - the Friday was awesome.

Tom_S
    I have a signature.
  • Yes, LeClaire has speed cameras on I-80 and a couple of ridiculous ones in town, so if you're an American Pickers fan, beware... Iowa did recently pass some new restrictions on speed cameras, so I am hopeful at least that one gets taken out. It's not like that stretch of I-80 was a highly dangerous stretch of road relatively speaking.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Would a different month work better for this event? Winter is out, it is just miserable here. I was thinking early August, perhaps. Can be 7000 degrees here at that point, but IMO is better than -20.

I have a signature.
  • PE is now early August

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Dammit.

I have a signature.
  • How about July? August is a no go for me as well.

Jim

• July was PE, so that swap will work.