Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dakota DIY 2024: June 7-8

Comments

• PWRRYDhifisidekenrhodesTom_SNicholas_23Eggguy
    I have a signature.
  • What time are you pllning to hsve people over at your place tomorrow? Need to plan the route - going to drop the fam in the hotel and make it to your place - we are staying at the sheraton downtown.

Also, any recommended fun place for the kiddos?

jr@mac
  • I won't be making the long trip this year, but you guys have fun! Don't eat too much! And post alot of pictures! Will see you all again this fall in Ankeny. B)

• @ani_101 said:
    What time are you pllning to hsve people over at your place tomorrow? Need to plan the route - going to drop the fam in the hotel and make it to your place - we are staying at the sheraton downtown.

Pretty much any time after 2 or 3.

I have a signature.
  • Hi JR,

I think your response to Ani answered my question but I'll ask anyway. Will there be any Friday gathering at the venue or will it be straight to your house?

My wife will be joining me. She is a Bourbon fan and will bring some along for others to sample if they like. I'm a wino so I'll have some from our many trips to california and Washington wine country to drink and share. Sorry, no sweet wine if that's your taste.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and listening to some great speakers.

Jim

jr@macAnalogkid455
  • Just straight to my place.

I have a signature.
  • Thanks!

• Man! I wish I was gonna be there. Have a great time my friends. See you guys in Ankeny.

jr@mac
  • edited June 6

That is a hike for me, but I would like to go at least once at some point.
    Have fun, guys!

jr@mac
  • @Wolf said:
    That is a hike for me, but I would like to go at least once at some point.
    Have fun, guys!

Me too.

jr@mac
  • Wife will be in the office tomorrow for anyone wishing to drop stuff off early. I plan getting there around 7 to set up the front end and move tables and chairs. Figure get the tunes going around 9

I have a signature.
  • @ani_101 said:
    What time are you pllning to hsve people over at your place tomorrow? Need to plan the route - going to drop the fam in the hotel and make it to your place - we are staying at the sheraton downtown.

The zoo is fun for kids.

ani_101
    I have a signature.
  • I’m throwing together a pair of 14” stands tonight. Might not be tall enough for the seating height, but that’s all I had in scrap pieces. They’ll be available if anyone else needs that height.

jr@macugly_woofer
  • Craig, Bill, & Wolf - we'll miss seeing you guys! I'm sure JR will crank up Barbie Girl in your honor.

4thtry
  • Update: as of 3:30 this morning the pork is on the smoker. Should ready by 5:00. I am making plenty so bring your appetites. I also have beans, a fruit tray, and some chips. We'll grab some buns, as well.

I also took this time to sand a bit on the driver rebates of my current project. I'm an insomniac so this shit is normal for me.

ugly_wooferhifiside
    I have a signature.
  • edited June 7

You guys have fun and be sure and take/post pictures.

• Four hours in...

hifisidetajanessilverD
    I have a signature.

• I'm ready to load in the morning.

I have a signature.
  • Brad , I left a bunch of power cables at JR's for you.

hifisidejr@mac

• Mmmmmm

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • barking up nicely sir

• P.S. JR makes some pretty decent beans

• Lookin good!

• Beans are good for ya

• JR’s meats were excellent! Small group hanging out in the garage tonight.

Bryan@MACTurn2Silver1omojr@macMikegAnalogkid455
  • The food was outstanding!

hifisidejr@mac
  • Great food. The beans were excellent.

jr@mac
  • Special music shall follow...

• Along with some aroma therapy.