Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2024 - 10/18 & 10/19

edited August 6 in DIY

Hello fellow DIY Audio fanatics. IOWA DIY 2024 is being planned for October 18 & 19. Please save the dates!!

As in previous years, the venue will be the Best Western Premier, Ankeny, IA.

I was quoted a group rate of $129.00 + tax. I don't have the reservation link nor discount code yet. Should have by tomorrow.

We will have use of the meeting room from Friday afternoon through Saturday evening.

More details to follow!!

My signature goes here
Silver1omojr@macEggguyjhollanderRon_Eugly_wooferjholtz4thtry

Comments

• I'm bringing Iaell, not sure if anything else.

I have a signature.
  • Nice, thanks for organizing!!!

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I don't know if it matters but ISU has a home football game that weekend. The 12th is an away game. The Best Western folks should be able to tell you if ISU games spill over into Ankeny.

Ron

• edited August 6

@Ron_E said:
    I don't know if it matters but ISU has a home football game that weekend. The 12th is an away game. The Best Western folks should be able to tell you if ISU games spill over into Ankeny.

Ron

According to the manager, yes, they do get minimal spillover from ISU games, but nothing like when Iowa plays ISU.

Ron_E
    My signature goes here
  • edited August 7

Below is the online booking link:

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.16110.html?groupId=8P0BY4V3

If you call the front desk and want to book the group rate, it is simply called the Midwest Audio Club 2024 Block.

Ph#: (515) 965-5678

Group rate is $129/night + tax

My signature goes here
  • @jr@mac just alerted me that the group rate isn't populating for a Saturday night stay. I've emailed the hotel manager. Please stay tuned.

My signature goes here
  • Thanks Bryan. I'll be booking my room ASAP and taking that Friday off work. I've got two projects that are using the MAC drivers, plus another project. I don't expect all 3 to play on Saturday unless there is extra time at the end. Friday night is a pretty fun time to "tax" projects (looking at you Barbie Girl)! :p

Bryan@MACEggguyjr@mac
  • I'll be bringing one project for sure. Maybe another if I have time to slap something together.

• Slap that bull, Tom. Make it happen.

I have a signature.
  • You bring two, I'll bring two.

I have a signature.
  • Maybe in addition to Iaell I'll bring the MAC-06 mini towers. I like those quite a bit.

I have a signature.
  • I'll be bringing the Pippin's so just one projrct.

jr@mac
  • edited August 7

@Bryan@MAC said:
    @jr@mac just alerted me that the group rate isn't populating for a Saturday night stay. I've emailed the hotel manager. Please stay tuned.

OK folks, we should be good to go. The hotel had to create a new link. I've updated the original post and here is the new booking link: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.16110.html?groupId=8P0BY4V3

$129/night + tax.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My signature goes here
  • edited August 7

I'll be there with my Radiusaurus speakers. I checked the hotel web site and it looks like the free breakfest is back in business! EDIT: Just checked again and it appears to be no in FAQ section.

• We may buy a stack of Casey's most excellent breakfast pizza Sat morning.

4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • +1 to the excellency of Casey's breakfast pizza.

jr@mac
  • Is there anything that Casey's doesn't sell?

My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    Is there anything that Casey's doesn't sell?

Hubcaps.

I have a signature.
  • edited August 12

If you think Casey's inventory is extensive, wait until you hear of a place called KwikStop...

I have a signature.
  • Casey's headquarters is in Ankeny, about a mile from our venue.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Casey's headquarters is in Ankeny, about a mile from our venue.

Yep, big ass fucking building off of I-35. Tones spices is even closer. Like close enough Tones drive is our address.

I have a signature.
  • I might be bringing an 8" 2-way. Might be fun.

I have a signature.
  • We're booked.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jr@mac said:
    I might be bringing an 8" 2-way. Might be fun.

+1! I had forgotten about a woofer I have stashed away and now have thoughts of doing the same thing. Still in the idea stage though.

• edited August 12

@PWRRYD said:
    Casey's headquarters is in Ankeny, about a mile from our venue.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but even the locals concede that up-and-comer Kwik Star (aka Kwik Trip) exceeds Casey's for quality, selection and cleanliness.

• Kwikstar is called Kwikstop here. Awesome place.

Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • Kwikstop here as well. I haven't been there yet, they just opened a couple months ago. Fresh made food is supposed to be their specialty.

• It is a lot like a small grocery store rather than a traditional gas station. They have quite the cult following in MN and WI.

I have a signature.
  • Vacation day approved! Time to book my room :)

EggguyjhollanderAnalogkid455
  • Room booked, can't wait to hang out with you guys and hear and see some cool speakers.

jr@macBryan@MACAnalogkid455