Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2024 - 10/18 & 10/19

Comments

• My speakers are already done and room is booked! Now I have to ponder whether I can pull together the second pair.

PWRRYD
  • This might not be my year. I started 2024 thinking I'd have two quite large tower designs to bring to the show (one my brainchild, the other mostly someone else's design). Now I'm not sure I can go at all, and if I did, it'd be empty-handed. Again. sigh

• Room booked and I'll most likely bring a pair of speakers. It's been awhile so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

jr@macPWRRYDugly_wooferBryan@MAC4thtry
  • It'll be good to see you again, Ed!

jr@macPWRRYDugly_woofer
  • Trying to decide how many pairs to bring LOL. I have at least 4 new projects that no one has heard yet.

kenrhodesugly_woofer
  • I say bring them all!

Bryan@MAC
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Trying to decide how many pairs to bring LOL. I have at least 4 new projects that no one has heard yet.

Man, I'm hard pressed to finish one pair per year.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Trying to decide how many pairs to bring LOL. I have at least 4 new projects that no one has heard yet.

Dude...bring everything. If we don't hear them all Saturday during the day, you know we will hear them in-between!!

Very much looking forward it! :)

My signature goes here
  • edited September 16

I really would like to but honestly I'm pretty positive I can't fit all of them in my Pissant (Nissan). So I'm thinking the biggest ones will be my MAC-06 MTM's, probably bring the MAC-04 2 ways) and maybe my Indy2025 theme project. But thanks for the interest. People tell me my speakers sound like an art form :o lol

• @PWRRYD said:
    I really would like to but honestly I'm pretty positive I can't fit all of them in my Pissant (Nissan). So I'm thinking the biggest ones will be my MAC-06 MTM's, probably bring the MAC-04 2 ways) and maybe my Indy2025 theme project. But thanks for the interest. People tell me my speakers sound like an art form :o lol

Gotta bring the MAC stuff. I've got a MAC-4/Fountek ribbon I may show up with and would love to hear other variants. It's a legit great driver, IMHO.

• I'll definitely bring both MAC projects. Just not positive about what else.

• I'll be bringing Iaell and Enelae, possibly the little towers using MAC/JF drivers.

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I'll definitely bring both MAC projects. Just not positive about what else.

And the little one's have a nice finish. The MAC-06 MTM's will be raw unfinished Menards PB shelving boards.

• I'm starting to make plans as to what to stuff in my car. Here is my tentative list:

1) Radiusaurus speaker pair. These are big and heavy, four cabs, plate amps, cables, etc. Unless someone wants to hear them, I would very much like to leave these at home and just bring along the two speakers listed below.
    2) Plumber's Delight speakers (crossover revised since I prevously brought them to Iowa).
    3) InDIYana 2025 theme speaker prototypes. I definitely want to bring these to see if my windbander selection can handle some bass heavy tracks at typical event playback levels.
    4) My pair of pine 26" high speaker stands (if needed, let me know).
    5) Tent Cards (40 or so), name badges (50), sharpies. I will volunteer to print and bring these along, unless someone else was planning to do it.

Looking forward to see everyone again in about 3 weeks! :)

Bill

• edited September 26

@4thtry said:

5) Tent Cards (40 or so), name badges (50), sharpies. I will volunteer to print and bring these along, unless someone else was planning to do it.

Bill

Hey Bill. Yes, please........ Speaker stands, tent cards and badges. Much appreciated.

4thtry
    My signature goes here
  • I'm going to miss the event and you guys this year (828 miles one way)- so I'm looking forward to the pics !
    Hopefully next year I'll do another road trip. All the best.

Bryan@MAC4thtry
  • @ScottS - Will you be kind enough to haul the Samson beast amp this year?

My signature goes here
  • I can throw a QSC amp in the car as a backup, but I doubt we'll need it.

Bryan@MAC
  • @Bryan@MAC said:

@4thtry said:

Bill

Hey Bill. Yes, please........ Speaker stands, tent cards and badges. Much appreciated.

Sounds good. Just printed 47 tent cards and will bring them along with 50 badges and 2 sharpies. Forgot to mention, I will also be bringing along one of my 6J1 tube preamps and my A/B switchbox, just in case anyone wants to make after hours sonic comparisons.

Bryan@MAC
  • edited September 27

In order for us to get a proper head/project count, please complete your registration below.
    Note: Even if you're not presenting, you must register, so we can have an accurate headcount for food, bevies, safety, etc.

2024 IOWA DIY REGISTRATION

My signature goes here
  • Sorry wrong thread before. My wife canceled her trip Boston this year so I can come to IowaDIY now. Question: does anybody want to hear the Purfi-Raal build.? If so I have to finish the upgraded crossovers.

jhollanderSilver1omoMarvinS
  • Yes. Please play before the bourbon.

hifisidejr@mac
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Bring it Brad! I want to hear it again.

hifisidejr@mac
  • We'll see if I can crank out a second project for this year. The template is drying - hopefully the woofer actually fits. I hate dealing with truncated drivers, but these 8" HDS were such a good deal.

hifisideDSchreckjhollanderSteve_Lee6thplanet
  • I take it we’re goin to have a full house this year as the group rate is no longer available.

• edited September 28

I’m booked. I’m bringing the Menaces and Purraalers to show, and antelope jerky to eat. I got work to do.

ugly_woofer
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    In order for us to get a proper head/project count, please complete your registration below.
    Note: Even if you're not presenting, you must register, so we can have an accurate headcount for food, bevies, safety, etc.

2024 IOWA DIY REGISTRATION

Done

• To Bryan, Jason, or JR:

Is there a way for you to display who is registered?

• No biggy if you can't. Just fun to see who's coming and an idea of the projects. Plus... I can't remember if I actually registered or not LOL.