Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2024 - 10/18 & 10/19

Comments

• @jhollander said:
    Any plans for uploading or just bring a CD?

No uploading this year. Please bring your demo on a suitable media. USB Drive or CD, etc.

My signature goes here
  • edited October 9

PWRRYD
    My signature goes here
  • BUMP Please register!! Looks like we are missing a few regulars. @JasonP - I KNOW you're attending.

@Bryan@MAC said:
    In order for us to get a proper head/project count, please complete your registration below.
    Note: Even if you're not presenting, you must register, so we can have an accurate headcount for food, bevies, safety, etc.

2024 IOWA DIY REGISTRATION

My signature goes here
  • Right now I'm hoping to bring a pair of speakers, contrary to when I signed up. 6.5 2-way

Bryan@MAC
  • Thanks Bryan!

• Thanks for that link and pics, Nick. Those are the most useful of any I have found online.

Any tricks to opening the "cans", and if you re-assembled them, what adhesive did you use? I can't figure out what Ohm used...some type of hardening mastic?

Ohm seems to discourage laymen from opening the cans. Not a very DIY or service friendly design. They must have some technique to open and reseal them.

Marv

• Bryan - I might have a friend stopping by to check out the fun sometime on Saturday.

Bryan@MAC
  • The SBs arrived. Easy tweeters to mount in a baffle. A Forstner bit in the drill press and a wide rabbeting bit in the plunge router.

kenrhodesPWRRYDhifisidetajanes
  • I loved the small form factor ring dome I used on the Sugar Cubes. Looking forward to hearing these.

I have a signature.
  • My "Small stand mount 3 way speaker pair" will be my Plumber Delight speakers. When I filled out the registration, I thought the form was only asking for the "official" speakers that will play during the day on Saturday. I will also be bringing my InDIYana widebander prototype speakers, which I just finished, for playback during after hours on either Friday or Saturday night.

hifisideTom_Stajanes6thplanetBryan@MACSteve_Lee
  • Looks like we've got around 30-ish folks dropping by next week. Can't believe we are only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!

If you have not already done so, please register....even if you're not presenting.

Thanks!

2024 IOWA DIY REGISTRATION

My signature goes here
  • Can hardly wait for next weekend! It will be fun to chat with my diy speaker friends and hear some cool projects.

hifisideEd_Perkins4thtry
  • What are the hours for Friday and Saturday?

• I have Bourbon for Brad ;)

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited October 12

I can already tell it's gonna be a late Saturday night. :p

• I may have already mentioned it, but I'm bringing a bottle of Bowmore 15 yr.

I have a signature.
  • I'm bring a case of Miller Lite for JR!

jr@mac
  • @MarvinS said:
    What are the hours for Friday and Saturday?

All day Saturday, usually get started around 1-3 on Fridays.

I have a signature.
  • And when JR says all day on Saturday, that often means until midnight for a select few!

hifisidejr@mac
  • Pre-packing started.

Even cut my hair for this.

johnny5jzkenrhodesjhollander6thplanetTom_SSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac
    Even cut my hair for this.

Me too.

tajanesTom_StrawjhollanderhifisideNicholas_23
  • It's not looking like I will be able to make it this year. I really want to, but my wife and I committed to a vacation with my cousin and his wife in South Carolina. So I am looking for someone in my area who would be willing to take Formica to Brad or anyone else who would use it. I checked with 6thplanet but he is not attending. Looking for a volunteer.

• I'm planning on it. Nothing to bring speaker wise but I love to see all the great work.

• Are you volunteering to stop by my shop in Southern Indiana with a pick-up truck on your way to Iowa?

• @Eggguy said:
    It's not looking like I will be able to make it this year. I really want to, but my wife and I committed to a vacation with my cousin and his wife in South Carolina. So I am looking for someone in my area who would be willing to take Formica to Brad or anyone else who would use it. I checked with 6thplanet but he is not attending. Looking for a volunteer.

Bummer

• Yeah that's a bummer Clay.

• Yes it is. I am going to tell my cousin and his wife that I chose them over speakers. They will be so impressed.

6thplanet
  • Ditto - I really wanted to see & hear your latest build.