Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• The midranges are from for the NS 1000 the tweeters are NS 500 which was a two way system and had a larger magnet and higher Bl product.
  • Welcome Gene! This is a great forum, full of varied projects, varied tastes & opinions, but very little of the bickering and ego sometimes seen on other audio forums.
  • I'm guessing so, and if so.... AWESOME!!!
  • Hi, I'm Patrick and I live in Minneapolis. I've always been into audio and tinkering, but so far I've just built a set of C-Notes. Probably looking to build better speakers this year and to play around more with the minidsp I recently got. Hoping to make it to an event, too.
  • Welcome! DakotaDIY and IowaDIY are both reasonable drives for you!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome Patrick!
  • Patrick,

The minidsp's are very interesting, and a great tool even for helping design passive crossovers (finding crossover points / slopes...in combo with software).  Just with anything, too much (eq'ing) can be a bad thing- don't I know.
    And welcome
  • JavadS said:

TL;DR - I've got it bad, it's contagious, escape while you still can!!

Javad

Welcome, Javad.
    There is no escape.
  • e6zion said:
    Hello from Greenville, SC.  While I know this is a "midwest" audio club forum.  Does anyone know if there are any events in the Southeast?
    I've been seriously mulling posting "Polling interest for an Atlanta get together".
    So yes, it's been way too long. I missed the last one, about 6 years ago.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Hello,

My name is David, I am in Southwestern Ontario, just north of Lake Erie.

I am in the woodworking machinery business and have been woodworking for over 30 years.

My interest in speaker building began about 1 year ago when I was brutally disappointed with commercial subs I could afford. I have since built two subwoofers, a 10" Ultimax with two PR's and a Dayton 250 Watt DSP amp and a sealed dual opposed CSS 12" unit with a Sanway 800 watt DSP amp. I have also built two pair of MTM's.

Mostly I post in the Facebook DIY Loudspeaker Project Pad group. 

I am planning on attending the InDIYana event in a couple of months with a theme entry.

Thank you,

David.

• Welcome David. I bet that CSS sub absolutely slams. You did the right thing by joining the “DIY side” and our forum!!  Lol. Welcome. 
    My signature goes here
  • David, 

Look forward to seeing you in Indy and listening to your theme entry.   I will be the one walking around all the time during the event, snapping tons of speaker photos with my  Nikon D800.   Be sure to let me know which speaker is yours and point out any special design features for close-up shots.    How many miles are you driving?  That will be one long trip!!

Bill

Bryan@MAC
  • It's not as far as you think to Canada from here.
  • London to Fort Wayne looks like 4 1/2 hours
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Hi, I'm Dan. I used to tinker with speakers back in high school, and after nearly a 20-year break, I'm getting back into it.  
  • Welcome!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome Dan! You've come to the right place. There's always lots of tinkering around here.
  • Hello this is Chad Gray (i think i used a handle of Cable also). After about a 14 year hiatus i am back building speakers.  A fresh copy of Soundeasy is on the way from Australia.  It is good to see the community is still strong and well supported.  
    dcibelR-Carpenter
  • Welcome!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome Chad. I remember going through your flash videos online some years back when I was getting started with SoundEasy. I've come a long way since then, and so has SoundEasy I think.

I think the upcoming SE V24 may be a good release. I've notified Bohdan of several bugs/issues and suggested a new feature or two that he appears to be taking seriously, so hopefully the changes make it into the next version.
    Archer60x
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Thanks for the invite to the forum.  I will probably be asking you Soundeasy questions until i get back up to speed.
  • Welcome back to DIY land Chad - I've seen your SoundEasy demos and projects page too.   Thanks for sharing your information.
    Archer60x
  • Archer60x said:
    Thanks for the invite to the forum.  I will probably be asking you Soundeasy questions until i get back up to speed.
    No prob, if you ever want to chat directly, IRC style, I'm #0667 on Discord.
    Archer60x
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • This is awesome.  I'm so glad to see new members.  It's been a long, cold, wet winter.  Let the new projects and their build threads begin!!!!  I've got 3 in play right now but nothing new to take pictures of.
  • Hi, Chad! Still using the Olives? Nice to see you come back around! And yes- I believe it has been 14 years since I saw you at Dayton DIY.
  • Oh yes, the olives are still being used daily at work.  They are one of my better designs acoustically.  You have not slowed down designing and learning Wolf!  I will have to see if i can attend the InDIYana Event.  It is only a 3 hour drive for me.  I know April will be busy for me with out basement renovation, Easter and two business trips.
  • Nope- I've been fairly prolific.

Cool! I hope you can make it.

PWRRYD
  • 3 Boys all grown up. Carpentry, graphic design, cad, but building tree houses with my kids was the best. 
    Use to have a company called Swans Speakers but sold it. Trying to encourage dads to build kits with their kids so I took on this project for HiVi /Swanspeakers and started a web site called www.swanskits.com. 
    dcibel
  • Greetings Frank!  I applaud the mission of your current company. There are too many young people who don't how to use basic tools these days. Some of the best times have been working on projects with the boys - speakers, computers, RC cars, diy drones, and 3 poorly executed planes that crashed immediately, but we all laughed...eventually.