Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• I highly dislike that individual. He just comes off as having a malicious intent with his posts. 
  • Hello, I'm a lifelong tinkerer and audio guy living in Minneapolis. I used to be a car audio guy, but now have 3 kids and no room or time for such foolishness ;) . So I've moved the foolishness to my basement! I'm currently building a 2.1 system around a pair of North Creek Echos and a 15 sealed Dayton HF sub. I'm building a set of Swan HiVi 3.1s right now - and looking for all the (good) advice I can get. I'm using an iMac as a Hires audio source, and a Schiit Magni / Modi Uber into a minidsp 2x4HD into an Adcom 4 channel amp. 

I tend to overcomplicate things and then slowly pull back to sanity... mostly. 
    D1PP1N
  • Welcome! 

Scott has a great thread on modding the 3.1 - just scroll down a bit.

Davemo
    I have a signature.
  • Ken Rhodes. Happy to be here.
    jr@macJasonPPWRRYDBryan@MAC4thtryS7910cssaudio1
  • kenrhodes said:
    Ken Rhodes. Happy to be here.
    Give it time.....    ;)

Welcome Ken!
    PWRRYD
  • kenrhodes said:
    Ken Rhodes. Happy to be here.

Welcome aboard, Ken!!  Good talking to you over lunch about your test rig and your pluto project.  And thanks for the excellent suggestion about how to solve my audio measurement problems about how to measure raw phase tracking of individual drivers with the crossovers installed.  I am going to try this out on my next build.   Bill S.
  • hello everybody
    my name is tom and happiness
    is being here

jhollanderBryan@MACD1PP1N
    powered by beer
  • Welcome Tom - from another Tom!
  • Hi Tom.  Good to see you here.
  • Hi Tom! Long time no see! Hope all is well with you. 
  • I just joined the board. Been in transition over the last couple of years (moved to the Carolinas and then back to Central Illinois). I finally retired from work (oh yeah!) so now I can finally start buildiing a little something of my own. It was nice to get back to Iowa DIY this past weekend. Saw some familiar and some new faces. Folks are continuing to build quality stuff. Imperessed............
  • Welcome aboard, sirs!

I have a signature.
  • I just joined the board. Been in transition over the last couple of years (moved to the Carolinas and then back to Central Illinois). I finally retired from work (oh yeah!) so now I can finally start buildiing a little something of my own. It was nice to get back to Iowa DIY this past weekend. Saw some familiar and some new faces. Folks are continuing to build quality stuff. Imperessed............

Is that you, Robert Clark?
  • Yessir......
  • Good to see you back around, Brian! I did not see you in the photos of Iowa, so I didn't know you were there.

Still enjoying the Nephila?

• It was good seeing you at DDIY again.  Welcome back to the midwest and happy retirement.  
  • I decided to not sit to close for most of the demos this time. I got another perspective by listening from the rear of the room. Also saved my ears a bit too. The meet was great BTW....

The Nephilas are still crated up from the move back to Illinois. Our new home has a much larger basement so they will be going into my new 2-ch. / testing room (will power them with my restored Marantz 2285B or Pioneer SA-9500II).

May catch up with you at Louisville in November. Have some questions for you.........

• Where are ya located  in Illinois Brian? I'm from Aurora. 
  • Good to hear, 'Brian'! I'll try and get them answered for you.

Robert has been called 'Brian' since an Iowa DIY long ago when Doug mistakenly called him Brian. He replied, "I'm not Brian, I'm Robert." He's been Robert 'Brian' Clark ever since, and has the Monty Python avatar over on PETT for just this reason.

Hi Robert,

I must have missed the Brian saga so you'll always be Robert to me. ;)

It was good to see you again! Its been a long time. Since you're back in the Midwest, I hope we'll get to see you more often.

Jim
  • D1PP1N said:
    Where are ya located  in Illinois Brian? I'm from Aurora. 
    I live in Bloomington-Normal. Home of Illinois State U......................
  • jholtz said:
    I just joined the board. Been in transition over the last couple of years (moved to the Carolinas and then back to Central Illinois). I finally retired from work (oh yeah!) so now I can finally start buildiing a little something of my own. It was nice to get back to Iowa DIY this past weekend. Saw some familiar and some new faces. Folks are continuing to build quality stuff. Imperessed............
    Hi Robert,

I must have missed the Brian saga so you'll always be Robert to me. ;)

It was good to see you again! Its been a long time. Since you're back in the Midwest, I hope we'll get to see you more often.

Jim

Good seeing you again too and talking with you. Glad you and Curt are still going strong and cranking out projects. Too bad Curt couldn't make Iowa. Cool dude. Anybody heard from Doug Peterson?
  • Hello from Los Angeles. I’m a novice with a desire to learn!
    I’ve participated at PETT for while,  now just looking for more. 
    jr@mackennyk
  • You’ve come to the right place. Welcome!
    My signature goes here
  • Hello from Greenville, SC.  While I know this is a "midwest" audio club forum.  Does anyone know if there are any events in the Southeast?
  • Welcome aboard! 

Not sure if there any down that way - but BK, JP, and myself are willing to help get someone pointed in the right direction to make something happen!
    I have a signature.
  • Greetings from St. Louis
    I am an old hard boiled audio nut (for 50 years) ,native of St. Louis.  In 1977 I built the speakers in the attached pix. I am still pretty happy with them.  Quad amped.  I moved two years ago and am in the process of resetting them up. Right now using the JBL L19 s in the background but modded with  D216s instead of whatever was there.  They sound pretty awesome too.  I have built lots of gear and used to work in repair.  I still repair scientific gear for a living at a local University.
    Gene  in St. Louis
    jr@macR-CarpenterkennykOscarJr
  • Those are the Yamaha Be drivers? (From NS-1000)
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.