Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa 2018

Comments

• Here's an interesting design that will not only be exhibited on Saturday, but is also being donated as a flat pack kit door prize. Many thanks to Leland over at SpeakerHardware.com for this goody.

EpiGenetic 5 Deluxe Flat Pack Kit 

Labryinth based, but with modern thinking and twists. The EPG5 is a totally surprising small dynamo. Smoothly accurate, detailed. Significant bass response from such a small cabinet. 

My signature goes here
  • Have the house tracks been released yet?  Wondering if I missed that somehow.
  • Have the house tracks been released yet?  Wondering if I missed that somehow.
    I've been wondering the same thing. Will there be a gritty Dylan track again? That one hurt while voicing my entry.
    PWRRYD
  • edited October 2018
    MAC prides itself on always including one track that makes you wonder if your crossover, cabinet, driver choice, or alignment is completely fubar. 
    I have a signature.
  • Remember ddiy a few years ago? Horn passage with emphasis at 800hz. Sounded very different on every speaker. Good times.
    I have a signature.
  • If I read between the lines the answer is not yet?
  • I'm not sure, Ed. That is the truth.
    I have a signature.
  • edited October 2018
    Im going to try and make it , I landed a gubmint job and start monday , the hours are in the air at this point but will know more early next week. Ill take Martays spot minus the speakers.  
  • The house track will be done this weekend if I’m lucky. Hate to have to admit that these days tons of overtime is necessary just to pay the bills. But that’s a story for another day. 
    My signature goes here
  • Stacking up to be a great event! Even sans Cheesehead! I have no doubt though his holey cranium will return for more speaker-geeking in the middle of corn country...

Holey cranium?

• MartyH said:
    Stacking up to be a great event! Even sans Cheesehead! I have no doubt though his holey cranium will return for more speaker-geeking in the middle of corn country...

Holey cranium?

Cheese Head
    Wolf
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Aged, for sure.
    Bryan@MACWolfNicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • It will be nice to see you again Nick.
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    The house track will be done this weekend if I’m lucky. Hate to have to admit that these days tons of overtime is necessary just to pay the bills. But that’s a story for another day. 

Thanks Bryan, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.
  • I'll just leave this here for your perusal.

PWRRYDjhollanderThumperTom
    My signature goes here
  • Couple quick announcements:

Dave Ellis is going to donate a pair of high end tweets for the door prize table. He's not sponsoring....rather donating out of the kindness of his heart.  No pics of his donation but trust me, it will be highly sought after.  B)

Mark from Meniscus will be attending! We're planning to replicate the crossover test that was conducted at his Grand Rapids DIY. So this will be tagging along with him:

PWRRYDS7910ThumperTomJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • Wow...and Wow!! It just keeps getting better and better. 

• Cool!!   Lots of great stuff.  Can't wait.  One week to go!! 
  • REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

We’re at the point of potential overcrowding and that figures since we don’t have the Harris Center where we could easily pack 200 attendees in. 

At any rate, in the interest of keeping the  show manageable, comfortable and fun we have to shut registration down. 

This is going to be a great gathering. Can’t wait. 
    My signature goes here
  • Tom, I've sent you a couple PMs.  Not sure if you got them.
  • A little bird told me that an old friend is going to be at Iowa this year!
  • PWRRYD said:
    A little bird told me that an old friend is going to be at Iowa this year!
    This is correct. 
    My signature goes here
  • Any hints??
  • Are flac files OK for our demo music?

Will the demo schedule be available before the event.  I have some friends that would like to stop in to hear my speakers but won't want to spend the day.

Ron
  • Ron_E said:
    Are flac files OK for our demo music?

Will the demo schedule be available before the event.  I have some friends that would like to stop in to hear my speakers but won't want to spend the day.

Ron
    Yes, pretty much any format. If you want a list, I can provide one. Or, better yet just look online for what Foobar2000 will play.

As far as the schedule, Ron send me a PM and I can lock you into a time slot. I'm happy to work around simple requests, just don't get to complicated! :)
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • To be clear, in the interest of a smooth show, the idea this year is that for each exhibitor I will create a USB drive. That drive will have a copy of your demo, and when inserted into the playback deck(pc), it'll play automatically with the pink noise / house track before it. That means the process is automated in a way that doesn't need any MAC member to be present. Also, you get to keep the drive and I'll load it up with everyone's demos (and past demos) as time allows.
    Bryan@MACPWRRYDjhollander
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Jason, - what level do you want tracks normalized to? At work (video production) our standard is -12dB.
  • edited October 2018
    Tom_S said:
    Jason, - what level do you want tracks normalized to? At work (video production) our standard is -12dB.
    I'd go full bore, as I'll be running ReplayGain on any track provided to level the playing field.
  • Tom_S said:
    Any hints??
    Lowell Simpson aka Arliss
  • PWRRYD said:
    Tom_S said:
    Any hints??
    Lowell Simpson aka Arliss
    That's great! It'll be good to see him again after all these years.