Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa 2018

167891012»

Comments

• Whoa that's a pricey boombox! Awesome.  I just saw this on my youtube feed which looks cool but expensive. 
  • Bryan@MAC said:

Archive page to be published soon and we will also have a post-DIY giveaway courtesy of our good friends at RAD @Gowa. Thanks Leon!

Stay tuned. 

Can I win stuff from an event that I didn't go to?  ( :s )
  • Here's the archive page: http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/event-archive/iowa-2018/

This year Bill collected project data and added captions to most of the exhibit pics! That's super cool....many thanks Bill. 

I still haven't figured out exactly how we're going to raffle the Rival caps and resistors, but I vote to give one bundle straight away to Bill @4thtry for his fantastic photography and never asking a dime from anyone for all his hard work. 

Note: There's a blocked youtube video (the room flyby) on the archive page due to copyright laws. I'm hoping they release the claim, but for now it's not viewable. We really need a better video hosting solution. Additionally, the facebook live videos (our streaming effort from the show) are so hideously compressed, I'm not even providing links. To that end, we also need a better streaming and archiving solution. Some have suggested Twitch, so I guess I'll look into that for next year's show.
    Gowajr@macScottSkennykjholtzThumperTomS7910JasonPjhollanderR-Carpenter
    My signature goes here
  • Great job as usual with the pictures Bill.

Ron
  • Thanks, everyone.  And thanks to JR, Jason, Bryan, and everyone else that helped put on another great event.  And thanks for the pizza, really enjoyed it, I think I got the last slice!  I was up front scribbling down notes quickly for most speakers as the show went along and I probably made a number of mistakes on drivers and xover points here and there.  Very easy to make corrections, just let me know and I'll send a corrected jpeg to Bryan.  Thanks again.   Bill 
    ThumperTom
  • The woofers in mine are Sony OEM drivers out of (iirc) the MB150H. 
    I have a signature.
  • Bill, This picture is of my Amsterdam Project. The drivers are Fountek Neo CD1.0 tweeter and Tangband W4-1720 woofer. They played for a while Friday night and I would have loved to let everyone have a listen Saturday afternoon but I had to take off for a house warming. These are the same drivers in Paul C's Speedsters but I did my own 24db/oct crossover at 3500Hz and the box is just a little bit bigger. That's gloss black Formica which doesn't look too bad but has terrible abrasion resistance.

Ron
    hifisideMartyHTurn2JasonPGowa
  • Thanks Ron & JR.  I'll update the captions & send Bryan revised jpegs for these files.  
  • Hey Bill @4thtry - check your PM when you have time. Thanks. 
    My signature goes here