Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa 2018

Comments

• Anybody heard if Maynard is coming?
  • He has plans elsewhere that weekend.
    I have a signature.
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Tom_S said:
    I'll be bringing 2 Crown XLS2000 amps - the same rack that I brought to DakotaDIY. 375W/8 ohms should be enough, eh? 
    If it's not a problem to bring that rack with you, it would be much appreciated.  We already have a complete front stage but we lack a backup. Plus, if you'll be there on Friday, we'd love to rotate your amplification during the informal sessions.  "Hearing" differences amongst amplifiers has always been a hot topic.  Let's settle that once and for all.  LOL 

well in that case, i would like to try out a tiny DAC/amp integrated to see where it stands
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    "Hearing" differences amongst amplifiers has always been a hot topic.  Let's settle that once and for all.  LOL 
    If we're doing that, I'll bring my Hitachi SR-903 with to see how a vintage amp stands up.
  • S7910 said:
    Bryan@MAC said:
    "Hearing" differences amongst amplifiers has always been a hot topic.  Let's settle that once and for all.  LOL 
    If we're doing that, I'll bring my Hitachi SR-903 with to see how a vintage amp stands up.
    I don’t see an issue with taking 30 min or so and rotating a few amps. We’llhave to agree on a reference set of speakers and we could use the house track as the source music. 
    S7910
    My signature goes here
  • So nobody here is attending the Meniscus DIY this weekend and also planning to attend Iowa? If possible, I'd need somebody's help in transporting two door prizes. Anyone...anyone?  Bueller? 
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    So nobody here is attending the Meniscus DIY this weekend and also planning to attend Iowa? If possible, I'd need somebody's help in transporting two door prizes. Anyone...anyone?  Bueller? 

I plan to be there Saturday only.  So if Mark can bring the two door prizes to the venue, I can pick them up and then bring them along later to Iowa. 
  • I'll be there Saturday Bill and will give you the doorprize from CSS.  I'm guessing Meniscus is the other sponsor.  Thanks for taking them - saves us a couple bucks in shipping.

Dan
  • I love it when a plan comes together..
    I have a signature.
  • cssaudio1 said:
    I'll be there Saturday Bill and will give you the doorprize from CSS.  I'm guessing Meniscus is the other sponsor.  Thanks for taking them - saves us a couple bucks in shipping.

Dan
    This is correct. I’ll give Mark a heads up. 

Thanks Bill!!
    My signature goes here
  • I should get a job at Acry-Tech (DuraTex).  They brought their employees to the Bahamas recently. Check out the photo album from Facebook below. 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1891464587566361&type=3
    D1PP1N
    My signature goes here
  • Three weeks away people...three weeks!!  

Please take some time to visit our awesome sponsors' web sites and social media pages.  We have a couple new supporters this year and several familiar faces on the sponsor page.

New sponsors include Rhythm Audio Design and Speaker Hardware

Leland from Speaker Hardware will be attending and exhibiting a labyrinth loudspeaker design - should be interesting.

Toys will be arriving at my place soon and I will of course post some sneak peek pics....stay tuned.

ThumperTomPWRRYD
    My signature goes here
  • Last minute plan, going to try to make it to Meniscus DIY - starting tonight. Bill, if you need any help let me know.
  • edited September 2018
    Speaker Hardware flat packed my Helios cabinets that were assembled by Curt. Leland ( I hope I spelled that right) supplies absolutely impeccable workmanship. The Helios cabinet should also work with the 'P' series drivers. Helios Tower Flat Pack $229.95 is incredibly low for such quality.

Bryan@MACJasonPThumperTom4thtry
  • edited September 2018
    Three weeks away people...three weeks!! 

So I should try to get that pile of pieces in my basement to start looking like a speaker soon?  Is that what you're trying to say?   

Yikes!!

• Gowa said:
    Speaker Hardware flat packed my Helios cabinets that were assembled by Curt. Leland ( I hope I spelled that right) supplies absolutely impeccable workmanship. The Helios cabinet should also work with the 'P' series drivers. Helios Tower Flat Pack $229.95 is incredibly low for such quality.

Well isn’t it a small world?? Lol. 
    Gowa
    My signature goes here
  • Gentlemen, I need your assistance.  As you wander through the PETT page comment on the Iowa DIY event.  I've been working on keeping it on the front page but the last 4-5 comments are mine.  Add some content there and help keep it visible on the first page.

Thanks!  
  • Why?
    PWRRYD
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I rarely visit that site and almost never post there anymore.
    Gowa
  • edited October 2018
    I don't visit there much anymore either, but I threw up a reminder.  They are sponsoring us again and there probably are some interested DIY guys on PETT who don't have access to this forum...yet. Hey that rhymes. Thanks for your help @MartyH
    My signature goes here
  • We are lucky to have our resident cheer leader Mr Marty.
  • That just put a weird image in my head....

• Wolf said:

That just put a weird image in my head....

Since 1977 there's been nothing but weird images in that head.
  • Different topic:  Does anybody have a decent CD player they'd be interested in selling?  My Panasonic blew up last night - 10 years old and not worth repairing.  Willing to haul it to Ankeny and sell?  (I'll bring Spotted Cow as a bonus!!) ;)
  • I got a SACD/CD/DVD player Sony DVP-NS755V I got from a buddy.  It worked last time I had it hooked up.  It comes with factory remote and manual.  I am asking $30.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited October 2018
    I got a SACD/CD/DVD player Sony DVP-NS755V I got from a buddy.  It worked last time I had it hooked up.  It comes with factory remote and manual.  I am asking $30.
    That'll do.  Thanks, I'll take it!  You want the sixer of Spotted Cow too?  We can always share it at the Friday night event.  

• MartyH said:
    Wolf said:

That just put a weird image in my head....

Since 1977 there's been nothing but weird images in that head.

That's unusual, because there wouldn't have been any images until early 1978. I didn't see daylight until then.

FWIW, it was you in a Cheese hat with pom-poms and a GB cheerleader getup. Weird, and yet- hilarious!

• I was thinking something more like this:

Photo of the UW Spirit Squad
  • My signature goes here
  • Craig, I believe that picture says "Lots and lots of wins!"  

And Junior, I could pull it off.  Nobody wants to see those scrawny legs of yours.