Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa 2018

Comments

• Actually this comes more to mind:

https://goo.gl/images/iRY1GE
  • MartyH said:
    I got a SACD/CD/DVD player Sony DVP-NS755V I got from a buddy.  It worked last time I had it hooked up.  It comes with factory remote and manual.  I am asking $30.
    That'll do.  Thanks, I'll take it!  You want the sixer of Spotted Cow too?  We can always share it at the Friday night event.  

Marty, I will pack it up and would be honored to have a beer with you.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited October 2018
    Jim Holtz.  I am bringing the Keramiskas so you can hear the SB ceramic drivers.  Probably playing only on Friday night unless there is an open slot left on Saturday.  I have made a change to the x-overs....
  • PWRRYD said:
    Jim Holtz.  I am bringing the Keramiskas so you can hear the SB ceramic drivers.  Probably playing only on Friday night unless there is an open slot left on Saturday.  I have made a change to the x-overs....
    Jim isn't the only one who wants to hear those!
  • Thanks Craig! I'll be sure and be there.

Any idea what time you'll hit town?

Jim
  • edited October 2018
    I'm planning on getting there 3:00-3:30.
  • yes- and I make paper look dirty and snow is jealous. guilty as charged!
  • PWRRYD said:
    I'm planning on getting there 3:00-3:30.
    Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing your creation! Thanks for bringing them!

Jim
  • Crud, I'm not going to be able to make it now.  Sorry.
  • MartyH said:
    Crud, I'm not going to be able to make it now.  Sorry.
    Marty,

Whats up with that? You will be missed my friend!

Jim
  • Oh Marty...  not again!
  • PWRRYD said:
    Oh Marty...  not again!

It's gonna be really hard waiting 30 years before I can talk to you about everything that's happened in the past few days. I'm really gonna miss you, Marty.

• Hey John, I'll give you $20 for that Sony DVP-NS755V since Marty bailed.
  • That's too bad Marty....but I'll have a Margarita in your honor. And I was really hoping to hear your speakers....
  • Hope all is ok Marty ?
  • Everything is fine guys, it's just that sometimes life conspires unto itself to toss the occasional curveball.  Next year I'll bring the G3's to wherever we may be.  And Craig....I already emailed John that I still want the Sony if he'll let me pay for shipping too.
  • edited October 2018
    Darn you cheese head!  Lol
    Wolf
  • Well, I'm disappointed we don't have more back to the future quotes.  Marty try hitting the send button again, I got 

zero, zilch, zip, nil, nought, nothing.  I'll need you address.  The other option is you can send Grumpy with the cash...

• Well, I'm disappointed we don't have more back to the future quotes.  Marty try hitting the send button again, I got 

zero, zilch, zip, nil, nought, nothing.  I'll need you address.  The other option is you can send Grumpy with the cash...

Check now, John.
  • Nope, I'll send you a note...
  • Not to change the subject, but here's a sneak peek at some of this year's door prizes......

Rival Acoustics woofers compliments of Leon ( @Gowa ) over at RAD.  Thanks man!!

My signature goes here
  • Airborne AMT tweets and some phat caps from our friends at Solen.

My signature goes here
  • A whole bunch of DuraTex  and a bucket of Acoust-X from Miki at Acrytech. This year we have black and white spray grade as well as roller grade DuraTex

My signature goes here
  • More pics to follow in the coming days. Some cool stuff will be delivered personally by sponsor attendees including Juan Montoya from Cross Spectrum Labs, Leland Crooks from SpeakerHardware.com, and Dave Ellis from Ellis Audio.

Less than two weeks people....TWO WEEKS!!   B) 
    jr@macJasonPScottS
    My signature goes here
  • Hey, my friend Dave is joining us? I haven't seen him for more than 10 years. He's a good guy!

Jim
  • Man I would love to win those AMT tweeters!
  • PWRRYD said:
    Man I would love to win those AMT tweeters!
    You ain't the only one - I like those woofers too.

Thank you guys for lining up some great prizes again!
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    More pics to follow in the coming days. Some cool stuff will be delivered personally by sponsor attendees including Juan Montoya from Cross Spectrum Labs, Leland Crooks from SpeakerHardware.com, and Dave Ellis from Ellis Audio.

Less than two weeks people....TWO WEEKS!!   B) 
    It's great to see Dave on the attendee list.  He and I were good friends and neighbors (literally 4 houses away) until his family moved when we were about 8.  I was at his wedding, but hadn't seen him for quite a while until the speaker forums and DIY shows reconnected us.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Awesome! A mini-reunion in the works it would seem. Yes Dave Ellis is attending and presenting. It’s these sorts of things that make me proud to be involved in continuing the Iowa DIY tradition. 
    My signature goes here
  • I haven't seen Dave since about 2007 at Iowa. I'll never forget the MBOW1 towers he had that year, and the comparison to the Accuton version he also had that year. He's helped with some Hiq tweeters as door prizes a few times at InDIYana. Sadly I won't be going out there this year yet again.

Those AMTs are very nice tweeters! I used them in the Nephila design I did with the F6.

I also used those Rivals in the Fenrir- great woofers as well!

Stacking up to be a great event! Even sans Cheesehead! I have no doubt though his holey cranium will return for more speaker-geeking in the middle of corn country...

Have fun, guys!