Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• @tajanes said:
    …best friend approved

Nice view!

• @kenrhodes said:
    Dcibel, what speakers are those? Can you link the build? They look great!

Thanks, they don't sound half bad either. They're in a lot of photos here as my computer speakers where I do a lot of my beer drinking :)

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/1126/new-diy-speaker-model-g8/p1

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I was such a fan of the 9th iteration of Numbskull using Ekuanot hops that I went back to the store to buy more, only to find that it is all gone and restocked with the 10th iteration.

Numbskull #10 is made with Sicmoe hops. I would say is has a denser, bitter earthy flavour that you would normally expect from a double IPA compared to the lighter Eluanot version. Very nice.

• You guys sure like your IPA's in this thread. They are an acquired to me , I could get on with some of those darkies though.

• It’s actually getting hard to find a good IPA, many modern craft IPA are trying to cater to people that don’t like IPA, hiding the bitter hop flavours in sweet pineapple and melon flavours.

Similar for dark beers, it’s getting harder to get good stouts that aren’t overwhelmed with chocolate and Carmel flavours because sweet = good.

Here’s one dark one I had recently that was nice. Full of coffee flavour as you could expect by the name, but not overly sweet IMO.

• I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I thought the Founder's Porter had a nice flavor without being sweet. Same for the Deschutes Obsidian Stout.

kenrhodes
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Merry Christmas, treat yourself to a glass of candy :)

squamishdroc
  • Two bottles showed up for Christmas last night:

dcibelsquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • Spent way too much ($250) on this bottle of extra smooth MacCallan 17, but wow wow wow.

jr@macjhollandersquamishdroc
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!

• Cheers. I'm liking this one.

• @jr@mac let me know if the sexton is any good, I’m fairly certain I can buy that one locally.

@Silver1omo I love the Belgium beer when it’s done properly, brought home a Dubbel today but I opened this one. Should have saved it for a more special occasion because it’s real nice. Imperial stout at 9% with chocolate, coffee, oats and coconut. Superb!

rjj45Silver1omo
  • The Sexton is superb, glad you asked. At the price point might be the best bang for the buck Irish whisky out there. It is no Redbreast 12, but shames Jameson for just a few bucks more.

dcibelsquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • On the Belgium front, this stuff is the real deal. A Tripel with lovely floral and fruity notes. This beer has layers!

And I had to look it up, the name is just killer. "Delirium tremens is a rapid onset of confusion usually caused by withdrawal from alcohol"

Silver1omosquamishdroc
  • Delirium beers, they also have a nocturnum. They make good stuff. I have not drank one in a while.

• From beautiful Golden,BC. This one is powerful 8.2% and full flavoured. Quite unique flavour, chocolate and licorice. I approve :)

Sorry, not much light in the TV room to see it.

Silver1omosquamishdrocrjj45
  • Wowsers this is a fantastic smack you in the face beverage. I've mentioned previously in this thread that there's a BC beer called "Pothole Filler" that is one of by all time favourite high ABV imperial stouts, coming in at about 10%. Well this takes it to a new level. They took the Pothole Filler and aged it in bourbon barrels for 9 months, then blended with another imperial stout by the name of Abby Quad.

rjj45
  • @dcibel said:
    Wowsers this is a fantastic smack you in the face beverage. I've mentioned previously in this thread that there's a BC beer called "Pothole Filler" that is one of by all time favourite high ABV imperial stouts, coming in at about 10%. Well this takes it to a new level. They took the Pothole Filler and aged it in bourbon barrels for 9 months, then blended with another imperial stout by the name of Abby Quad.

Love me some Pothole Filler! I am heading to Squamish in March - will have to grab a few cans of this :)

• Continuing on my imperial stout kick. This one is very good, oak and a nice dark fruit sweetness. 9.2% ABV

Silver1omosquamishdroc
  • I had a guys eve in my new place in Clark, trying / contrasting local Colorado whiskies: i.e. Stranahan’s Blue Peak and Diamond Peak, and DownSlope’s Double Diamond….(hopefully they didn’t pay anyone for those clever names).

Anyway, none were really interested in speakers - they did however ask why mine were open in the back ??? and one of these guys plays in a band.

I do miss the diy speaker group events

• From beautiful Golden, BC. It’s a Scandinavian style stout, says it has juniper berries in it, I wouldn’t know unless you told me. Tastes primarily of dark bitter chocolate with some smoke, heavy hitter too at 10%. I approve.

jhollanderSilver1omosquamishdrocrjj45
  • Good morning :)

squamishdroc
  • @dcibel said:
    Good morning :)

Yum!! A good way to get your morning caffeine fix =)

• The wife picked this one. Quite good.

dcibelsquamishdroc
  • I like a lot of the Breckinridge beers

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • From across the pond, espresso Stout from Ibaraki, Japan. It’s very nice, the coffee flavour is subdued, or nearly as front and centre flavoured like the Double Dubbel above.

Silver1omosquamishdroc

• Greetings from Rochester Hills MI. This is Rochester Mills Brewery Pleasures Pale Ale via a growler refill. Just the friend I need when trying to decipher WTF Xsim is trying to tell me. Ho-hum, I suspect I’ll be calling my Jedi speaker friend tomorrow for guidance.

• That growler looks tasty. I wanted a beer today. Any beer. Spent the day bending pvc conduit and running wire instead.

• Mr Kornbread sir, you are a strong man. Resisting the urge, temptations, etc etc. Us lesser mortals just pour another.

• I like this one.

dcibelsquamishdrocjhollander