Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• @dcibel said:
    Pretty sure I've seen Blanton's on the shelf locally here, don't recall the cost but it had a price tag.

Took a chance on another Canadian flavour, only because it comes from the same company as the Lot 40 Rye that I really liked. This one is a rum finished whisky, rather sweet and very powerful molasses flavour reminiscent of a dark dark rum, Gosling's Bermuda Black comes to mind. I like dark rum so this is pleasant, but not very complex.

I got my Blantons from the BCLC on the summer spirits release - it was just over $100. I also got a bottle of Pike Creek Sherry cask

• Not normally a mixer guy, but this is the only way I can handle this Scotch.

R-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2021

Toppling Goliath Double Dry Hopped Pseudo Sue. Very good hazy!

Sorry for the sideways pic, but after a few of these it might look correct!

jr@macSilver1omojhollanderkennyk
  • edited April 2021

Beautiful day to work on the Scout and enjoy an excellent local double hazy!

dcibeljr@macNicholas_23squamishdrockennyk
  • The Scout reminds me of a ~72' Bronco.

• Happy Friday :)

Silver1omosquamishdrockennyk
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Really digging this Kveik IPA tonight... posed strategically to titillate a very niche audience ;)

dcibelSilver1omosquamishdrockennykjoeybutts

• A bit too sweet.

dcibeljevchancekennyk
  • 12% - nice!

• @dcibel said:
    Great Canadian beer! I haven't bought any Unibroue in a long time, it's fairly pricey for what is essentially craft beer from the other side of the Country. That said, I don't think I've ever had beer from Quebec that wasn't great.

(Canadian made in Quebec, owned by Sapporo)

I'm still trying all the local flavours, today it's Toasted Coconut Black Lager. Not very prominent on coconut flavour, I'm getting mostly chocolate and coffee, but no complaints as it's very well balanced.

Sweet victory I want this.

dcibelBrannigansLawkennyksquamishdroc
  • both the last two entries look mouth watering, my kind of caper!

• Old friend.

dcibel
  • Not so much the actual drinks, but I do love my friends...

R-CarpenterJasonPPWRRYDkennyksquamishdrocSilver1omojoeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • edited May 2021

Hi Amanda! Oh and you too JR ;)

jr@mackennyk
  • I acquired a new bottle of bourbon on the weekend :)

jr@mackennykjoeybutts
  • I guess by double oaked, they stuffed a few more pieces of oak into the barrel or container?

kennyk
  • @Kornbread said:
    I guess by double oaked, they stuffed a few more pieces of oak into the barrel or container?

It gets aged in 2 different barrels instead of the normal one barrel. The second barrel adds some different flavor profiles to the bourbon.

• edited May 2021

Ah. There seems to be about as many tricks to ageing in, or on oak, as there are ways of distilling the alcohol.

squamishdroc

• Another local brew. This I'm liking.

kennykdcibelJasonP

• Let's try the eye of the tiger.

jr@macdcibelkennyk
  • edited May 2021

la emoción de la pelea!

Silver1omo
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited May 2021

Some haze.

• Have an experiment fermenting, Amish apple cider.

squamishdroc
  • @Kornbread said:
    Have an experiment fermenting, Amish apple cider.

Yum - what makes it Amish? Just where the apples come from?

• No idea why it's called that. Maybe cause it uses plain ole' bread yeast?
    Too simple not to try; apple cider, brown sugar, and bread yeast, with a little cinnamon and cloves for added flavor. Worried the ph might crash and stall fermentation, but was told once the yeast goes in, do not touch for 2 weeks. It should have cleared some by then and I'll get a sample. If it tastes ok, in the cooler it goes to finish clearing.
    Curious about carbonating it. Heard too many stories of exploding bottles to try catching the yeast just right, but if this turns out good, going to look into doing it the soda fountain way ... $maybe.

squamishdroc

• Tonight's combo, the founders was too sweet. The Deschutes is nice.

kennyk
  • The Deschutes is one of my favorite porters.

Silver1omo
  • It's back in season, the only "fruity" beer I really enjoy. This is NOT a shandy or a seltzer.

Grainbelt Blu. FTW.

squamishdrocPWRRYD
    I have a signature.