Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• No, this

jr@mac
  • Getting cross-eyed tonight with my favorite IPA (and no, not why I am selling most of my headphones)...

I have a signature.
  • Founders for the win!

jr@mac
  • Don’t get to wobbly you have shoveling to do tomorrow.😔

• @hifiside said:
    Don’t get to wobbly you have shoveling to do tomorrow.😔

Yeah, that's the truth. I'll behave.

I have a signature.
  • @hifiside said:
    Don’t get to wobbly you have shoveling to do tomorrow.😔

Holy fuck the amount of shoveling I did at work today... Then come home and blow snow for an hour with even more shoveling on top of that. Good times.

Get to do some more tomorrow, so got that going for me.

I have a signature.
  • Yeah I was really starting to like this SD winter. Now back to the same ol shit.💩

• @jr@mac said:

Holy f@%* batman, the amount of shoveling I did at work today... Then come home and blow snow for an hour with even more shoveling on top of that. Good times.

Makes that second (or 3rd) adult refreshment taste that much better... The elves put shovel wax in my stocking this year- the worst is wet snow when you toss it and it sticks to your shovel. I haven’t tried it yet- don’t know if its really ‘a thing’, but worth a try

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • Narry a flake today out here in SW Ohio. Maybe we'll get it in a day or two?

• Insomnia weather check: wind howling, cold, driveway drifting in again. Will be blowing snow again tonight, and we are not expecting the plows until tomorrow sometime. Roads are total shit in my neighborhood. I have an AWD Sorento that weighs 4000lbs and it just flounders when the snow is over 7-8". Makes it through but not necessarily in a straight line lol.

Anyways, had me a sixer of Miller Lite last night to unwind, probably why I woke up at 1:30 this morning. I will get back to sleep eventually.

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • Best Irish whiskey under $50 you ask me.

Silver1omojhollander
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

Best Irish whiskey under $50 you ask me.

Will have to look for it.

• Finding a great (bold) red for $$ is fairly easy. Finding an inexpensive (bold) red that punches well above its weight is kinda a fun challenge. I came across this < $12 (and under $10 when bought as a case) that’s up to the challenge.

jr@macjhollander
  • Score for some Fire Water!! My buddy was in Illinois last week and hit a liquor store. They had 3 bottles sitting there. He bought all 3 and hooked me up with one🤘🏼 Today's my birthday, so bottoms up!

jr@mactajanesjhollanderSteve_LeeSilver1omokenrhodesTurn2
  • Happy birthday, Eric!

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Cheers Eric! Happy birthday.

6thplanet
  • I know, Jack Daniels is pretty run of the mill stuff, but I just have to say, that JD "Bonded" is excellent.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Some of the JD whiskey made several best of 2023 bourbon reviews.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    ...JD whiskey .. bourbon

Except JD is not (technically) bourbon.

•  John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I don't care what you call it, this stuff is good ;). FWIW I've also had the triple mash, but prefer the Bonded.

• Good article. I stand corrected. :)

• I can confirm that Buffalo Trace's Chris Stapleton "Traveller" collab is quite good. A little sweet perhaps, but not cloying. Very well rounded with vanilla and minerals on the finish. A proper sippin' whiskey.

jr@mac
  • My pour for Burns Supper night here at home.

Dirk
    I have a signature.
  • edited February 4

Salud!

dcibel
  • You and I gonna get along just fine.

Silver1omo
  • edited February 4

@Silver1omo said:

That's a nice brew, special occasion stuff :). You found it in Texas?