Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• Happy Friday! Let's get tore up!

joeybuttsdynamo
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.

• Voodoo Ranger IPA; not much to look at but tastes fantastic. 7% but drinks like a 5%. Nice beer that is commonly available.

joeybutts
  • edited April 2020

Much nicer to look at. Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze IPA. Also very good. Super smooth, great color, smell, and mouth feel (sorry for the beer snobbery, it’s like saying it lifted the veil, lol). 7.5% but you’d never know it. Prost speaker bro’s!

Oh, and speaker stands make great beer tables!
    joeybutts
  • Pff 7.5% wussy beer lol
    joeybuttssquamishdrocdynamo
  • dcibel said:
    Pff 7.5% wussy beer lol
    10% or go home :p
  • joeybutts said:
    Some how I forgot to mention, but for my bourbon drinkers, Widow Jane 10 year is my #1 right now for the last year or two.  Starting to push the cnote boundary, but I feel is justified for the quality.
    Will have to see if that is available here 👍
  • Tonigh is cheap beer and decent mezcal for me. 
  • dcibel said:
    Pff 7.5% wussy beer lol

Yeah ya got me there lol. I like beer to taste like beer and whiskey when I want more. I’m certain there is a lot to appreciate with the strong barrel aged beer, just not my cup of tea.
  • I'm just joking around if course. There's plenty to be enjoyed at any %abv. It's actually quite challenging I think for brewers to make a 9-10% beer that is enjoyable, I am not a big fan of beers marketed as "barley wine" but this Imperial Stout above was very enjoyable, the maple sweetness offsets the alcohol bite nicely.

• Happy Friday 😊
    joeybuttsdynamosquamishdroc
  • A little Dobel Maestro tonight for meeeeeee
    dynamoSilver1omo

• An Indiana treat - 3 Floyd’s Alpha King
    dcibel
  • hard to believe I've missed this thread! 

First contribution; my go-to, workhouse stout: Wellington Imperial Russian Stout.

Made in my town, and competitive with the best imperial stouts I've had anywhere (without getting into much higher alcohol brews). Since the whole 'stay at home' thing started, I've been buying these by the case. I can't say it's my absolute favourite, but in the world of stouts, this is my Rival Acoustics or SB NAC series ;) 

• One of the local breweries did a special last week they were advertising in the local home brew club and offered $25 five gallon corny keg fills. I had one 5 gallon and one 2.5 gallon keg open so I got 5 gallons of their Pollenation Sensation (a honey lavender ale) for my wife and 2.5 gallons of their Liquid Vinyl (a 10% Russian imperial stout) for $42 after tax! 
    Silver1omoBrannigansLawkenrhodesdynamo
  • NavyGuy said:
    One of the local breweries did a special last week they were advertising in the local home brew club and offered $25 five gallon corny keg fills. I had one 5 gallon and one 2.5 gallon keg open so I got 5 gallons of their Pollenation Sensation (a honey lavender ale) for my wife and 2.5 gallons of their Liquid Vinyl (a 10% Russian imperial stout) for $42 after tax! 
    That's a good deal for 5 gallons of beer👍

• Sooooo good!
    BrannigansLaw

• Some of my besties! Katie on the left, married to the Englishman Peter, followed by Mrs JR and yours truly. 
    squamishdrockenrhodesdynamoSilver1omoR-CarpenterjoeybuttsS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Whoa!  Where the heck are your face masks and social distancing???  Oh wait, wrong state!  Lol
    dynamo
  • jr@mac said:

Some of my besties! Katie on the left, married to the Englishman Peter, followed by Mrs JR and yours truly. 

The best beer is the one shared with friends and family!
  • dynamo said:

Sooooo good!
    I live about a mile from the Toppling Goliath taproom in Decorah.  And it's open at 50% capacity!
  • Walking distance, no need to get an Uber.
  • Staggering distance, no need to get an Uber.
    Fixed it for you since I know Ed Perkins...   :p
    jholtzdynamojoeybutts
  • dynamo said:

Sooooo good!
    I live about a mile from the Toppling Goliath taproom in Decorah.  And it's open at 50% capacity!

I’m jealous, they make some good beer. When we were traveling through Iowa and I made sure we went there. They have a nice facility! 

• One of my favourite one-offs from Wellington brewery. They are generous with the Habanero, so it takes a while to drink, but that makes it even better. Absolutely delicious!
    dcibel
  • Habanero in beer?  No so sure I would like that.  I like crisp cold beer after a bite of something with habanero in it.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Habanero in beer?  No so sure I would like that.  I like crisp cold beer after a bite of something with habanero in it.
    It's an aquired taste, to be sure. A sipping beer, not one I'd reach for as relief from heat, though like a lot of spicy stuff, once the heat recedes it tends to leave you somewhat cooled. I am not really an ice cold lager or pilsner on a hot day kind of guy, mostly drink stouts, porters, and strong IPAs. On a hot day I'm more likely to reach for a dry cider or radler... but now that I think of it, something crisp like you described is something I should revisit soon.

Tell you what; if it's still seasonal and Indiyana works out, I'll bring some down and maybe we can arrange some sort of regional beer swap to go with the speakers ;) 
  • Back in Puerto Vallarta there is a brewery that makes a beer called Ring of Fire.
    http://losmuertosbrewing.com/
    "Wheat based ale fermented on a bed of diced serrano peppers. This picante twist will definitely put a little pep in your step. Try this with tomato juice or as the base of a Cielo Rojo for a uniquely Vallartan beverage."

While I favor spicy food, I did not enjoy it.

If you ever go to Puerto Vallarta, do get pizza and beer in there.
    BrannigansLaw
  • Our local Mexican restaurant has a "Tequila List", with one of the selections described as "a rustic style": given tequila is pretty fierce stuff anyway, I dread to think what the 'rustic' style tastes like........

Geoff

BrannigansLaw
  • PWRRYD said:
    Staggering distance, no need to get an Uber.
    Fixed it for you since I know Ed Perkins...   :p
    Or on some nights rolling distance  :o  

• Added a small LG TV today. Baby steps (literally in my case lol) towards getting it finished. 
    ani_101squamishdrocSilver1omodynamojhollanderS7910tajanesR-CarpenterGowajoeybuttsand 1 other.
    I have a signature.