Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• Wonder what kind of yeast they are using to get 18%? A wine yeast might get you close but that's more distiller's yeast area.

• @Kornbread said:
    Wonder what kind of yeast they are using to get 18%? A wine yeast might get you close but that's more distiller's yeast area.

It says Dry Sake, so, rice?

• Tried Sake one time and nope, no desire to mess with rice.

• Loooovvve sake. And this was so easy and clean but with a nice balanced flavor

• 20% is achievable with the right yeast, sugar fed over the course of fermentation. I'm a fan of sake, on the right occasion.

I'm usually not a fan of Canadian whisky or rye for that matter, but this stuff is something special, and affordable too!

squamishdrockennyk
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I like a little rye, it adds a 'hotness' to the flavor.

• Oh my, good work Dave! A double pale ale, dangerous 9.2% that drinks like a 6%.

squamishdroc
  • @dcibel said:
    Oh my, good work Dave! A double pale ale, dangerous 9.2% that drinks like a 6%.

So many new breweries in BC it is hard to keep up :)

• Oops.

squamishdrocJasonPdynamo
    I have a signature.
  • Blue Moon has a lot of tasty offerings, Sam Adams not so much.

• Love me some Boston Lager.

Billet
    I have a signature.
  • @squamishdroc said:

@dcibel said:

I found in SK the craft breweries, while fewer, were all top notch. In BC while there can be more to choose from, I find it a bit more hit and miss, and I tend to keep with the handful of breweries that I consistently really like, and Red Collar is on that list for sure.

• @dcibel said:

@squamishdroc said:

@dcibel said:

I found in SK the craft breweries, while fewer, were all top notch. In BC while there can be more to choose from, I find it a bit more hit and miss, and I tend to keep with the handful of breweries that I consistently really like, and Red Collar is on that list for sure.

There have been quite a few come and go over the last few years - you have to brew a good product in this market if you want to succeed or the customers will just go next door where the beer is good.

• I live in Grand Rapids MI, its hard to find a bad beer. The hard part is keeping up.

squamishdroc
  • jr@macsquamishdrocdcibeldynamojoeybutts
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited November 2020

This weekend's adventure is a lovely double IPA, hazy with a good balance of citrus, hops and spice. 8%

Silver1omosquamishdrocPWRRYDjr@macdynamojoeybutts
  • I like the hazy IPAs, Deschutes Fresh Haze is my favorite right now.

dynamo
  • edited November 2020

Hard to go wrong with Hazy IPA. This one needed a slow pour, lots of yeast sediment in the bottom. Unlike the dangerous Dave Bomb above, this one drinks like an 8% ;)

• I have a problem..

squamishdroc
  • Splurged to celebrate:

squamishdrockennykjoeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • Celebrate?

• Starting a new career on Nov. 30th.

Silver1omojoeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • What field?

• I have been enjoying this a lot lately.

• @jr@mac said:
    Splurged to celebrate:

I'd like description and comments on that bottle after it's consumed.

• Like some of the other older whiskies I have tried, the barrel seems to contribute far more to the flavor profile. It is mellower than 10yr Laphraoig, but still peatier than most. I think for Scotch anyways, 10-12 years seems to be the sweet spot. This is not bad, not by a long shot, but it is really just an indulgence.

I have a signature.
  • Wasting away in my hotel room in Phoenix...

Miller is my go to when I just want to drink a shitload of beer, so don't give me any shit.

R-Carpentersquamishdrocjoeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • Let's try this one.

squamishdrocPWRRYD