Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adult Refreshments

Comments

• Apparently, this is called "Moon Juice". Tastes like a basic IPA.

I have a signature.
  • Airport bar?

• @PWRRYD said:
    Airport bar?

Of course!

I have a signature.
  • I have a signature.
  • Been there ;)

• edited December 2020

Just curious, do the new Canada/CO/WA/OR/CA/IL/MI and soon to be SD adult refreshments go in this thread or do they need their own? B)

jr@mac
  • Own thread please.

• Liked the porter, the other 2 were not bad.

• Treat yo' self, it's Xmas!

Silver1omo
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Now that's one I'd love to try.  I feel cultured just reading the label.

Silver1omojoeybutts
  • Oh! Yummy - how was the smoked flavour? Pretty mellow?

• Smoke was almost non-existent, dominating flavour was cherry chocolate, it was very nice, and packed a punch! I'd recommend it, they know how to make good beer in Quebec, if you've ever had the more common St. Ambroise Outmeal Stout.

squamishdroc
  • Going to get into the strong stuff tonight - don't have to go to work for the next few days ;)

jr@macdcibelSilver1omoNicholas_23ThumperTom
  • I've had the old cellar dweller, not sure it's my favourite, a bit too "barley wine" for my taste. Love the label though.

• @dcibel said:
    I've had the old cellar dweller, not sure it's my favourite, a bit too "barley wine" for my taste. Love the label though.

It can be a bit of an acquired taste. I opened the stout first - a bit disappointed as it was flat 😥

• This looks like the cat's meow. Found it for half price cruising through a social page. Too bad, the covidcation hit the cookie jar hard so not happening. https://northernbrewer.com/products/the-grainfather-connect

• That's quite the machine, how much beer do I have to drink to break even on the expense? ;)

I was starting to get into fermentation just before I moved, but haven't got back into it since. I always eyeballed this fancy device though:
    https://plaato.io/

• @dcibel said:
    That's quite the machine, how much beer do I have to drink to break even on the expense? ;)

I was starting to get into fermentation just before I moved, but haven't got back into it since. I always eyeballed this fancy device though:
    https://plaato.io/

That's a nifty little gadget.
    No more beer than I drink, it would pay for itself shorty after our Sun runs out of fuel. Kind of like building speakers and other audio nerdery' stuff.

• edited December 2020

Pretty graphics, quite sour

squamishdroc
  • My old neighbours used to brew their own beer. There were many late nights in the garage "helping brew" with them. It was a sad day when they moved out of the neighbourhood😁

• I wanted to visit this brewery on TG, alas, the beer is good.

• edited January 2021

Happy Saturday and a new year! Here's a powerful Baltic Porter (8.7%), nice and somewhat salty, no complaints here but it's nothing like the Les Trois Mousquetaires pictured above.

jr@macSilver1omosquamishdroc
  • Nice looking beer.
    What speakers are those? They look great.

• @kenrhodes Thanks, they sound maybe even better than they look :). It's my computer listening set, uses a Wavecor WF152 and unobtanium Motus tweeter in a waveguide. These probably get the most use out of any of my speakers with the amount of work I do from home. You can read more about it here:
    https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/1126/new-diy-speaker-model-g8/p1

• Well done! thank you for the link. I'm going to go drink a beer to get things back on topic. :)

dcibel
  • Power went out tonight so a good time to sit in front of the fire and crack the barley wine =)

dcibel

• On the sweet side. But quite good.

dcibelNicholas_23joeybutts
  • Definitely a different profile than Aviation, more "floral" I'd say. I'm a big fan, and the bottle is super classy.

The g/f picked up a fancy bottle of craft gin from Vancouver island today. Haven't opened it yet so I've no opinions, cashier at the store said its amazing though.

kenrhodesNicholas_23Silver1omo
  • Yeah, floral indeed.