Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Borrow or trade

Starting this thread so we have a place to borrow and trade stuff like drivers etc!

I have a signature.
6thplanetkenrhodesPWRRYDNicholas_23squamishdrocScottSDanPkennyk

Comments

• This might even be a good way to share completed speakers. With the current pandemic, it kinda sucks to not be able to get peer review.

• I like this idea.

• I just bought a pair of Peerless 830668 woofers from Tom S. I already had a pair I purchased from PE a year or two ago. Tom's pair showed up yesterday (in perfect shape), but clearly a much older productuon run based on the stickers. Very happy to report after a little break in, the older pair I got from Tom and my newer pair measure within 2% with DATs. Yay Peerless!!! And a special thanks to Tom for a kick ass deal!

rjj45Turn2jr@macScottSkennyk
  • Would anyone happen to have a few 2" couplers for Precision port flairs?

• I think I might, Chuck. Let me dig.

I have a signature.
  • If not get me the dimensions and I can 3d print some for you.

• Maybe cut the inside of a pvc plumbing coupling on a lathe.

• Did you get what you need Chuck? I might have two. I can look for them if needed.

• Yep, JR has a couple.

• I'll pack 'em up and ship 'em out.

I have a signature.
  • When I'm envisioning this thread in it's full glory, everybody would post up their list of stuff up for borrow/trade as kind of a collective DIY audio pantry. I keep getting stuck on the editing part though. I'd want to add and remove items as appropriate and I don't think we can do that in the current format. Anyone got a slick method for achieving that? An active community Google Drive spreadsheet or something that could be accessed and updated?

Billet
  • Great, I can already see the hours spent looking at what everybody's got. Thanks Dan😒

DanPrjj45joeybutts
  • edited February 2021

@6thplanet said:
    Great, I can already see the hours spent looking at what everybody's got. Thanks Dan😒

It's funny, just before JR posted the OP, I was thinking that I don't have time for any new projects and haven't used the old drivers that I have purchased for projects, yet somehow feel compelled to get some new drivers. You know, just to get them in the mail, open them up, marvel at the curves of the domes and cones, model a bunch of enclosures, draw up a few, plan on building one, and then put them on the shelf when my new, NEW drivers come in that I'm REALLY going to build with. Then I was thinking, man we should really just trade shit between ourselves.

rjj45jr@macBillet6thplanetThumperTom
  • @DanP said:

@6thplanet said:
    Great, I can already see the hours spent looking at what everybody's got. Thanks Dan😒

It's funny, just before JR posted the OP, I was thinking that I don't have time for any new projects and haven't used the old drivers that I have purchased for projects, yet somehow feel compelled to get some new drivers. You know, just to get them in the mail, open them up, marvel at the curves of the domes and cones, model a bunch of enclosures, draw up a few, plan on building one, and then put them on the shelf when my new, NEW drivers come in that I'm REALLY going to build with. Then I was thinking, man we should really just trade shit between ourselves.

You and me both, brother! My shelves are now full of Rival, Wavecor and Satori. Which will all become shelfware if I ever pony up for some Purifis. LOL.

DanPjr@macPWRRYD
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • So "what in the wide world of sports" is wrong with me??? I have a bunch of Rival woofers, a pair of Viawave ribbons, a pair of Morel Supreme tweeters, a pair of Usher 8945A, Wavecor 30 mm tweeters, etc. sitting on my shelves, yet I am still cutting wood and playing around with good but cheap drivers like the 830656's? :#

DanP6thplanetkennyk
  • @PWRRYD said:
    So "what in the wide world of sports" is wrong with me??? I have a bunch of Rival woofers, a pair of Viawave ribbons, a pair of Morel Supreme tweeters, a pair of Usher 8945A, Wavecor 30 mm tweeters, etc. sitting on my shelves, yet I am still cutting wood and playing around with good but cheap drivers like the 830656's? :#

Hmmm. Afraid to commit? (Just kidding of course) :)

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Ok, let's try this. JR and other mods, feel free to take this down or modify the Overview or Rules as you see fit. I'm not trying to make this my own thing, just thought it would be easier to get it rolling and make mods as necessary. Mine is the only page on there for now and I'm still updating it, but feel free to add your own page. It should accommodate all of us at once and make real-time updates. Here's the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNtguYWcVYtWAYvKM11s6eduYYpNkUZmG0YSJGGhRcM/edit?usp=sharing

kennyk
  • Great idea Dan! A couple of Google Docs newbie questions:

• In the overview you say "Users can create a new sheet below", but I don't see the option. I do have "View Only"
      access to your sheet.

• When I create a new sheet can I import an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks,
    Ed

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    Great idea Dan! A couple of Google Docs newbie questions:

• In the overview you say "Users can create a new sheet below", but I don't see the option. I do have "View Only"
      access to your sheet.

• When I create a new sheet can I import an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks,
    Ed

I'm a bit of a newb myself. I tried to set it up so that anyone with the link should be able to edit it, but I may not have done so properly. Does it say somewhere that you can't edit? To the left of the "Welcome!" tab at the bottom there should be a "+" sign. Click that to add a sheet. If it's not showing, click the "horizontal bars" icon to show all sheets and it should reveal the "+" sign. Once you add the sheet, right click on the tab to rename it.

I have no idea if you can import an Excel sheet.

• Yesterday afternoon you had to ask for permission to edit

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited February 2021

Like John said. At the the top is a box that says "View Only". The drop down says "Request Edit Access"

• edited February 2021

Sorry guys - try the link again and let me know if you have access now.

• It is working now I will be adding to it throughout the day.

DanP
  • Guys you might want to password protect each of your tabs

• @jhollander said:
    Guys you might want to password protect each of your tabs

How do you do that?

• Oof - "Anyone with link can edit" and "posted publicly" should not go together, that's just asking for some random passer by to mess with everything. Just stick with view only with request to edit, and then approve everyone you know.

Go to tools -> protect sheet to set permissions individually for each tab.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • easier to right click each tab and protect sheet. That way each person can have their own passwords

• @jhollander said:
    easier to right click each tab and protect sheet. That way each person can have their own passwords

Ok, I think I locked my page and the welcome page. I can't test to see if anyone else can edit my page or lock their own pages though.

• So, after reading through this thread I discussed some options with JP and BK. We are going to allow editing forever for members with "veteran" status on the subforums in the Classifieds. For those not to "Veteran" status, I will have no problem editing a post on request after a sale, trade, or loan has been made.

We do appreciate the initiative in setting up the spreadsheet - and I would argue that is a better option long-term and we will be looking into a spreadsheet style plug-in for the future.

Short term, should not be any issues editing your classified posts, guys.

I have a signature.
  • Looks like it is easy to protect your sheet: