Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus get together?

Sooo... something fell in my lap this week - a new job. I will be starting August 22 as the EHS manager at a company that makes tree smashers and ditch mower attachments for tractors. Wasn't really looking, but the money is right and it is the direction I want to go. It gets me completely out of maintenance management, I will have no direct reports, much larger company, clean environment with no stairs, still in Sioux Falls, and the bennies are much better. I am pumped about the no stairs and no direct reports thing. Won't lie.

Anyways, I was wondering what the dates will be for the Meniscus get together. Need to let the new boss know my travel plans for GR and Ankeny and make flight arrangements.

I have a signature.
Steve_LeePWRRYDBillet6thplanetjhollanderS7910

Comments

• Huge congrats my friend! Now you will need to earn all those certs to put all those letters in your signature line.... 😜

• I do have AAS, BS, and PCQI so far.

I have a signature.
  • Hopefully Mark or Dan will pop in for an answer here, and I'd like to know as well!

Congrats on the new job, JR!

• @jr@mac said:
    I do have AAS, BS, and PCQI so far.

You need at least 5 more based on my experience 😂

jr@mac
  • Good to hear JR.

• Congrats JR!

I want to see what these "tree smashers" are all about.

• Congrats on "BS" and no stairs - the right man for the right job!

• I've been BS since 2014.
    I'll post links to videos of our equipment.

I have a signature.
  • I've been called bullshit before......is that the same thing? :)

jr@mac
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    I've been called bullshit before......is that the same thing? :)

Pretty much!

I have a signature.
  • ugly_wooferTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • Wow, a seriously violent attachment. That can't be cheap, but what ever it cost's would be worth it to a contractor, that thing is FAST!

• @ugly_woofer said:
    I've been called bullshit before......is that the same thing? :)

except, it's official for JR, he's a certified BS and can proudly display it under his name... ;)

jholtz
  • I'm not just certified BS, they're my initials! I win!

6thplanetPWRRYDugly_woofer
  • Congrats on the new job with what sounds like a great $/stair ratio!

We're looking at Sept 23-24 this year. Not 100% yet, but pretty close. Unfortunately, the odds are good that we'll miss Kerry this year as baby #2 is due right around that time.

kenrhodes
  • Well, congrats to Kerry!

I'll tentatively pencil the 23rd in. Not much time to plan! I'll have to check on flight prices.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

I love it - completely obliterates small trees! I want one =)

• BattleBots

• 23rd and 24th of September are confirmed. It's been a busy year for Meniscus and CSS so this event kind of snuck up on us and we didn't get a chance to ponder much on it. Therefore, the theme this year is "bring anything you want to show off and hang with your speaker buds". Still need to confirm with Mark, but I assume it will be the same schedule as always - Friday night at Meniscus, then Saturday at the hotel/conference center.

BilletPWRRYDugly_wooferjr@mac
  • I'll get flights booked.

DanP
    I have a signature.
  • Woohoo! Think I can actually make it!

DanP
  • I'll probably be flying in that Friday morning and thinking of staying where? I like the usual hotel because it is a close to Meniscus but it is kind of dumpy and far from anything to do or eat (I never have a car at these things). So - where works?

I have a signature.
  • There's a Holiday inn close to last year's Saturday venue. I won't be staying at last year's hotel, far too shitty, but I'm picky. I tried to get a room last time at the Drury, but they had a three night minimum, which I had never heard of and certainly wouldn't work.

• @DanP said:
    23rd and 24th of September are confirmed. It's been a busy year for Meniscus and CSS so this event kind of snuck up on us and we didn't get a chance to ponder much on it. Therefore, the theme this year is "bring anything you want to show off and hang with your speaker buds". Still need to confirm with Mark, but I assume it will be the same schedule as always - Friday night at Meniscus, then Saturday at the hotel/conference center.

Do you know which hotel/conference center this year?

• @jr@mac said:

My brother just finished removing some substantial wild plum thickets from 25 acres of land that has been in CRP for 40 years. That would have reduced several weeks of miserable hand labor to mere hours. Would have been hard on the deer though.

• @Turn2 said:

@jr@mac said:

My brother just finished removing some substantial wild plum thickets from 25 acres of land that has been in CRP for 40 years. That would have reduced several weeks of miserable hand labor to mere hours. Would have been hard on the deer though.

I'll see about a friend discount next time you guys clear out some land.

I used to hunt about 2000 acres that the owner left in permanent CRP. Hills, gulleys, running water, trees, thickets, tall grass prairie. It was wonderful, and only 45 minutes from home. He was my friends ex-wifes grampa, and after the divorce and the old guy dying not long after that I no longer hunt it. Actually I dont hunt at all anymore. Too expensive, I can only afford one hobby that is a money pit.

Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • edited July 2022

@jr@mac said:

I can only afford one hobby that is a money pit.

Restoring cars?

• @a4eaudio said:

@jr@mac said:

I can only afford one hobby that is a money pit.

Restoring cars?

OK, so two hobbies that are money pits ;)

I have a signature.
  • OK, flights booked. Will be arriving at GRR around 12:30PM Friday if there is anyone willing to swing by and give me a ride to whatever hotel I end up staying at.

I have a signature.
  • Curious about venue and nearby hotels. I'd like to book, and I am definitely looking forward to this.

I have a signature.