Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IEC test baffle.

14567810»

Comments

• May be at 420 :)

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited April 9

@4thtry said:
    If you came in close with a macro lens, put the camera on a tripod, and then added just the right amount of side and back lighting, I think you could make the surround look like a picturesque early morning mountain range and valley scene! Would make for a very interesting photographic challenge! B)

Aside from the Mariana Trenches in the surround - you might be on something . . . =)

• MaxFidelity MF165/77L8

ugly_wooferjr@macSteve_LeekenrhodesNicholas_236thplanet
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    ^ NLA ?

Yes

Steve_Lee
  • That was the last version of the MAX Fidelity midbasses. They changed the cone to dustcap transition a bit for it. The previous cone looked more like the Dynaudio, Audio Technology, and DynaVox derivatives.

6thplanet
  • I sold those to Brad a few years ago, I forget where I got them though. Nice woofer.

I have a signature.
  • Probably from Mark, as they sold them throughout the product life.

• Wavecor WF182BD10

jr@macEggguyugly_wooferkenrhodesSteve_Leejhollander
  • That's pretty impressive.

Steve_Lee
  • @Wolf said:
    Probably from Mark, as they sold them throughout the product life.

I think it may have been Solen, to be honest.

I have a signature.
  • That Wavecor indeed looks nice.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Do you ever test the low end on these things?

jr@mac
  • edited April 14

10 or 20 Hz isn't low enough already?

jr@mac
  • While I am assuming Thanh means a nearfield response plot due that these are likely gated measurements, I don't feel that they are required here due to using the IEC baffle mounting, and being in a very large room to keep the gate to a very long window. I would not be surprised if there is no gating used at all.