Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Jigs, gizmos and useful stuff

123457»

Comments

• @6thplanet said:
    Ok, so top picture. Baffle is 90 to the table, blade is tilted 22.5?

Yes.

In the bottom pick the jig is turned around and blade is tilted to 45.

6thplanet
  • I've been using spray adhesive recently (and IT IS nasty stuff, but works great) to line my speakers with felt. By the time I'm done my fingers tips look like mittens (sort-of) and the instructions say wash hands after use (no shit). By that time soap and water ain't going to do -er. In the past I've tried paint thinner but for some reason I tried some garage door lube - spray grease, and it worked fairly well. Guessing (?) as its a petroleum product it cuts the glue, and a bit nicer cleaning the grease off vs paint thinner (or gas).

Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • I spray on all of my adhesives, and my fingertips all always look like mittens. I use a Solvent based wax and grease remover. I started wearing gloves again as the price has come back to earth.

tajanesSteve_Leerjj45
  • I use WD-40 to remove most adhesives.

Steve_Leerjj45
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Careful. Even though it's just occasional use...

"In addition to contact dermatitis, petroleum distillates can be contaminated with carcinogens which are absorbed through the skin, potentially leading to harmful levels of toxins in the body or even cancer."

https://www.manufacturing.net/safety/article/13195527/think-all-heavy-duty-hand-cleaners-are-the-same-think-again

a4eaudiotajanesSteve_Lee
  • Wear nitrile gloves under your mittens?