Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2022; "Missing Link" theme announcement....

Comments

• @S7910 If it's scale models you're into, hopefully this Youtube video is right up your alley :)

S7910
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • ...and that's why I asked. Definitely cool as I like watching videos of people making dioramas. But I'm more of a car guy, 1/24-25 scale.

• @6thplanet said:
    What sorta scale model?

Airplanes, tanks, trains, the occasional car.

6thplanetjhollanderSilver1omo
  • @Wolf - did the listening/voicing session happen? How did it go?

• Nice S7910! I haven't built anything in a long time, but have been getting an itch lately.

• Yep, only Nick (2) and I had xovers, so we listened to the 3 of them. Only 5 attended.

I also worked on my up and coming Purveyor mini-3-ways and played them at about 5:30pm. A slight tweak or 2, and they'll be great!

• Ben,   please add my name to the list of participants for this year's competition.       After several failed attempts, I finally stumbled on a simple, low cost layout with smooth target slopes and good preference ratings.    I'm currently gathering parts and drilling boards.   I also plan to bring my completed  Retro Speakers, so put me down for 1 theme and 1 non-theme this year.     Bill

• Ben, I can't find the link to the reserved block of rooms.

• 1 -260-483-3999

I think they have 4 rooms left in the block, otherwise sold out.

Billet
  • Upper right corner, click Directions.

• Thanks Mark! Made my reservation.

• I also made my reservation, looking forward to the InDIYana 2022 meet! Now, I just need to get building. I always plan to bring a non-theme entry, in addition to my super deluxe crossover :)

• How booked are the speaker slots as of now?

• @6thplanet said:
    How booked are the speaker slots as of now?

WTH, will this be your first InDIYana?

Anything plays whenever, only the competition speakers (x-os) have a fixed slot on Saturday morning. Sometime we're forced to listen to a persons speakers over and over while others may play once on Friday morning then never again. More than once I've had to ask to hear a Friday morning speaker play again.

6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Yes, always lots of preferential treatment... fact.

• edited March 2022

Guy said no more "block" rooms and they can only reserve for two nights. Not sure what's up with that? at $160 per night.🖕🏼 So the hotel next door has singles for $100. Still have a few things to check out, but I'm sure I'll be there👍🏼 Also trying to talk Adam to going as well.

jhollander4thtry
  • Cool.... it'll be good to have you two here.

• Looking forward to talking with you Eric. We briefly met once at Indy maybe 6? years ago.

6thplanet
  • edited April 2022

Finished my xover boards and they appear compliant.    I tested each board's impedance driving into 8 ohm dummy loads and everything looks good.   I'll also be testing them driving a set of "proxy" tweeters/woofers mounted in some old prototype cabs, just to make sure  they sound "reasonable" (i.e., no major screwups).

The show notes say that "After the challenge voting concludes, xovers will be laid out for visual perusal."   Also, "Schematics of the entrants' xovers will be required for perusal."   Question:  Should we keep our xovers and schematics hidden before the contest?  Or should we bring our xovers and schematics inside the venue for display on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning?   Since this is a blind-judging "black box" type contest, I don't want to inadvertently "spill the beans" before the contest.   Thanks.

• Yup, April 2 2016, it freaking snowed!!!
    Ok, Adams in, we'll be there👍🏼 I'm pretty sure he's bringing the black and aluminum speakers...

I'll bring....

Looking forward to seeing all yous guys!!!

4thtrySteve_Leekenrhodessquamishdrocjhollander
  • Bill, the xovers will be handled by the theme-crew, and the schematic will be given/turned-in with xovers, not to be seen until afferwards.

kenrhodes4thtry
  • @Wolf said:
    Bill, the xovers will be handled by the theme-crew, and the schematic will be given/turned-in with xovers, not to be seen until afferwards.

Acknowledged. I will pack my finished xovers (dual mono pair) and a printed copy of the schematic inside a small box. Before sealing it shut with masking tape, I will place a label with my name on each xover board. I will also label the top of the box with my name to prevent confusion. Upon arriving at the venue on Friday, I will deliver this sealed box to the designated theme-crew member. Bill

• All done.  Tested, packed, and sealed up inside an old Mouser box, ready to be hand delivered.  I taped my name on both the Mouser box AND the internal xovers to assist theme-crew members during the lottery-drawn lettering process.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again next month!!

Wolf
  • edited April 2022

What I'm bringing;

• Xovers for my own Missing Link entry
    • These little 3-ways I call Purveyor:

Peerless P830945/Dayton PC83-4/Dayton DSN25F-4/SB SB15SFCR-00 PR.

kenrhodesSteve_Lee6thplanetdcibelSilver1omo
  • I am really liking those little Purveyors, Wolf - definitely interested in how they sound nearfield (~ 1 meter-ish away & 1.3 M apart).

• With tweeters 4" down below listening axis at a meter:

dcibelSteve_Lee
  • Awwe, cute little suckers!
    Getting close to that time 🤘🏼

• Less than a week away Guys!

"Get on your Generals and go!"