Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Good morning. This is part of a small range they call "The Seven Sisters". Elevation is right at a mile.

hifisidekenrhodesugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

SoDak

The look of that sky after dark would have to be a sight to behold.

jr@macSteve_LeeS7910
  • @Turn2 said:

@jr@mac said:

SoDak

The look of that sky after dark would have to be a sight to behold.

It certainly is.

Turn2
    I have a signature.

• My old man's Comet.

Steve_LeeS7910PWRRYDhifisidekenrhodes6thplanetugly_wooferTurn2R-Carpentersquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • Last few weeks I've been working on this project. I picked up a prototype tube bass amp by VHT. Found it at a local used music gear shop. Man, what a score! Anyways, the width of the thing was about an inch to wide to look right on my cabs. OCD, I know....

So I built a new box and made it match my cabs. Luckily I had enough of the tolex left to make it happen. I made the recess for the logo the inlet for the fans, bonus is the fans light up🤘🏼

Steve_Leeugly_wooferjr@macWolfKornbreadPWRRYDjhollandersquamishdroc
  • What a machine!

6thplanet
  • Wow, that's amazing! It looks so nice. Well done.

6thplanet

• First deck ready. Second one soon. My summer projects.

Steve_Leejr@mackenrhodes
  • Come build my deck.

hifiside
    I have a signature.

• I built this last year and now my wife thinks we need a bigger one for the back.

jr@mackenrhodes
  • I've been holding off building a deck aound our pool because wood prices are still too high.

• @hifiside said:
    I built this last year and now my wife thinks we need a bigger one for the back.

That's how it always starts, you do one nice thing then it's something else that needs to be bigger, better, etc. :)

Dark color looks good.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited May 2023

I agree about the dark color. That looks really nice. About 4 years ago I stained our deck what the can said was "cedar tone". I should have stopped immediately but thought it would change color when it dried. Big mistake! It ened up a terrible orangish color. The only thing I don't like about the darker color is you can't go bare feet on them when it's sunny out.

• Anyone watch the Indy 500 yesterday? The end was quite different yet exciting. Not sure what Marcus Ericsson was cry babying about... all the cars started that last lap on cold tires, not just him. Just a sore loser I suppose. I loved how Josef went into the crowd of fans to celebrate. That was pretty neat.

• Not really native to Colorado- ha

A neighbor of ours went over to help a friend with his farm animals and took this photo - Larry the camel.

I’m thinking my better half would be stylin’ down to the Clark Store and back on one of these to pick up the mail and milk ???

kenrhodesSteve_Lee6thplanet
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Anyone watch the Indy 500 yesterday?

Sorry, no. Interestingly, while Ford and Honda left Indy as engine manufacturers, they will soon be joining / building for F1teams.

6thplanet
  • Huh? Honda didn't leave. Indycar engines are about 50/50 Honda and Chevy.

• edited May 2023

You are correct - my bad
    Indy is looking for a 3rd

I’ve been fortunate to watch a few races at Indy - quite the experience

So, is it true the left cylinder bank needs a larger fuel pump than the right bank ? just kidding

• Is true that Ford is going back into F1. Any body watch Monaco instead of Indy? Unfortunately it's still the RedBull Max show 😒

• Ford will be supplying the engines (Ford-Cosworths) for the Red Bull teams. But not until 2025 I think.

• "Dignity", statue in Chamberlain, SoDak.

hifisideSteve_LeekenrhodesS7910
    I have a signature.

• hifisidekenrhodes6thplanetS7910
    I have a signature.
  • OK, almost home. Going to grill some Ribeyes for dinner then mow the grass.

I have a signature.
  • I saw a little of each race. Racing at Monaco is insane. That's an upper body workout!

I saw someone at Indy lose traction and hit the wall early on and then the "tap" coming out of the pits. Sounds like I missed the crazier stuff, but I had to leave for a bike ride with a buddy.

6thplanet
  • @Tom_S said:
    I saw a little of each race. Racing at Monaco is insane. That's an upper body workout!

I saw someone at Indy lose traction and hit the wall early on and then the "tap" coming out of the pits. Sounds like I missed the crazier stuff, but I had to leave for a bike ride with a buddy.

I saw that part of the Indy race too. I caught the video of the tire going over the fence later.

• The NASCAR race is on right now. I have it on the TV but we're swimming and doing other more fun stuff. My 5 Lb pork butt is almost ready to come out of the smoker to rest an hour or so before shredding.

• edited May 2023

@6thplanet said:
    Is true that Ford is going back into F1. Any body watch Monaco instead of Indy? Unfortunately it's still the RedBull Max show 😒

Yes, I'm a big F1 fan, but actually like just about all auto racing.

How about Alonso and Aston Martin !

AND, Andretti / Cadillac bidding for a place on the F1 grid, and Porsche / Audi

• I was never an F1 fan until I saw the series on Netflix (I think it was Netflix). That got me interested. Great series.

6thplanet
  • I've been watching and going to races for 40+ years...Nascar, Indycar, and NHRA, and all sorts of IMSA races. F1 for the last 20 years or so is self serving and I can't stand pricks like Lewis Hamilton.