Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• @PWRRYD said:
    F1 for the last 20 years or so is self serving and I can't stand pricks like Lewis Hamilton.

Agreed: the only positive thing about F1 now is the huge and very welcome increase in safety compared to previous generations, but as something interesting to watch and listen to, bleah.

The late Sir Jack Brabham - a rare F1 survivor from his era - won the 1966 World Drivers Championship in a car of his own joint design and manufacture, with a production based Buick/Repco V8 engine and had a team of four, I think. These days, drivers have as many diet and exercise consultants as that! The next year, Denny Hulme won the Championship in a revised version of the same car.

Neither Jack nor Denny earned multi $$$ salaries or were up themselves.....

Geoff

• @tajanes said:

@6thplanet said:
    Is true that Ford is going back into F1. Any body watch Monaco instead of Indy? Unfortunately it's still the RedBull Max show 😒

Yes, I'm a big F1 fan, but actually like just about all auto racing.

How about Alonso and Aston Martin !

AND, Andretti / Cadillac bidding for a place on the F1 grid, and Porsche / Audi

Yeah, awesome to see Alonso's quali and finish. He's always been a great driver, but hasn't had a car to show it in awhile.
    F1 can be a bit a bit boring at times with the same driver/teams constantly winning. Kinda been that way for awhile now, but the tech is pretty fucking bitchin. Would really love to hear a screaming V10 again. As for the big money side of things, what professional racing sanction isn't anymore?

• View from my room.

jr@mac6thplanetugly_wooferSteve_LeeRon_EkenrhodesS7910
  • The open box Canon RS40 photo scanner I bought on Ebay arrived today and it appears to be DOA. I'm sad.

• Hopefully the seller takes care of you, if not I'm sure Ebay will.

• @kenrhodes said:
    Hopefully the seller takes care of you, if not I'm sure Ebay will.

They wanted a picture of the item as part of the return process and when I went to take the picture I found that the power switch was on the top of the printer and the button labeled start on the front panel wasn't the power switch. The sadness is over.

hifiside
  • When you're sitting in front of the printer you can't see the power switch and when you stand up all there is to indicate is a power switch is a power symbol embossed into the plastic.

jr@mac
  • I pulled four fenceposts yesterday, took many swings of my large sledge to do so. Preparing for some landscape work coming up. Oofdah, arms are tired today.

kenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • I’ll be here the rest of the day.

tajanesugly_wooferNicholas_23squamishdroc
  • Looks better than pulling fenceposts.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Just got home. Our pool is a comfortable 83 F. Will jump in when the kidos both get home from school.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Just got home. Our pool is a comfortable 83 F. Will jump in when the kidos both get home from school.

Lets see a BIG cannonball

• I'm more of a jack knife guy. Way better directional control to soak my wife or daughter who haven't got in yet :p

tajanes
  • After growing up with a pool, I loved it but will never own one.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

• In the cradle of Mexican independence.

hifisideSteve_Lee6thplanetkenrhodesjhollanderugly_wooferjr@macTurn2S7910PWRRYDand 2 others.
  • It seems the hose dispensing the water flow is attached to the driver's cone (although this visual data remains undisclosed) and that the hose is merely oscillating back and forth creating this apparent but deceptive illusion that sound waves are effecting the water in "mid flight".

• "Applying sound to water flow at 25 Hz frequency makes water flows in wave pattern. Using a camera that shoots 24 fps to see the effect!"

They are syncing the frequency with the frames per second of the camera. In-person it would not look like that unless you had a strobe flashing at the same frequency.

• Hence the subwoofer strobe light that was Soooo popular at PE . . .

(tongue firmly in cheek).

• edited June 2023

IDK how well it would actually work, but I suppose it could show how the cone is breaking up if you wanted to try to do some doping or something to dampen it. Seems very niche/limited use. Though I didn't really read up on it so it may have settings that could help check something I'm not aware of.

• edited June 2023

@Silver1omo said:

In the cradle of Mexican independence.

So cool Alex!

• Garage system
    Kodlix minipc running Win10 (thanks, Charlie) running out to ancient Onkyo TX-820 powering the ol' Tall Boys. Realistic 6.5", MB Quart dome mid, and that tweeter Apex Jr was selling for years.

6thplanethifiside
    I have a signature.
  • edited June 2023

I stopped by to see some friends playing at community park tonight. Nice crowd and a live multi-camera broadcast from the ABC affiliate. The sound was horrible! From the mix (I see a guy playing keyboards, but I don't hear keyboards at all) to the comb filtering caused by multiple large format top boxes, it was bad. The sound at every seat was different. It's an older stack and I've heard it sound so much better. I like the guy who owns the rig too. I felt bad for my friends - the guitar player & drummer. Hot, muggy & buggy, bad sound, and sadly the band just isn't very good. I took off after three songs. :/

• I got home from the bad concert and a white truck pulled up just as I was getting off the bike. It was our youngest. He just started a new job last Monday and they handed him the keys to a brand new truck on his very first day. That's sure a lot nicer than the tin can Transit van I drive at work!

a4eaudioSilver1omokenrhodesjr@macjhollanderSteve_LeehifisideS7910
  • @DrewsBrews said:
    "Applying sound to water flow at 25 Hz frequency makes water flows in wave pattern. Using a camera that shoots 24 fps to see the effect!"

They are syncing the frequency with the frames per second of the camera. In-person it would not look like that unless you had a strobe flashing at the same frequency.

I read that the synced camera is catching individual water droplets which makes the stream look continuous. In real time it's just random water falling.

• Being historicaly accurate, this is where it all started, the one above is usually considered the first independent city.

S7910
  • Where are you at?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    Where are you at?

San Miguel de Allende and Dolores Hidalgo in the state of Guanajuato, México. We'll go to the state`s capital today.

jhollanderjholtz
  • Beautiful images Alex!

• @jholtz said:
    Beautiful images Alex!

Thanks.

ugly_woofer6thplanetSteve_LeekenrhodesS7910