Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Congrats JR! I'm lucky to have a wife who tolerates my audio/electronics obsession, but I can't imagine her attending any of our yearly gatherings.

jr@mac
  • @Tom_S said:
    Congrats JR! I'm lucky to have a wife who tolerates my audio/electronics obsession, but I can't imagine her attending any of our yearly gatherings.

She loves hanging out with us!

I have a signature.
  • I got roped into working on paint again. The super charger was a little tall so he needed a cowl induction hood so I painted that for him. And now I got roped into buffing out the whole car. Boo.

6thplanetSteve_Leeugly_wooferPWRRYDSilver1omo4thtryjohnny5jz
  • For you motorheads.

jr@macNicholas_236thplanetjhollanderkenrhodesSilver1omojohnny5jzsquamishdroc
  • Boost! Fuck yeah🤘🏼😈🤘🏼

• Beautiful! Speed thrills!

6thplanetGeoffMillar

• Vacation day drinking FTW.

ugly_wooferDrummer
    I have a signature.
  • @hifiside said:
    I got roped into working on paint again. The super charger was a little tall so he needed a cowl induction hood so I painted that for him. And now I got roped into buffing out the whole car. Boo.

But you'll need to drive it for a day or two to confirm the paint stays in place... so if it comes back with a 'tad' less rubber B)

• @hifiside said:
    For you motorheads.

Nice! Old school small block chebby with a 6-71. Strange blower drive setup though. The idler actually reduces the belt rap instead of increasing it. Any idea what's he running for fuel?

Turn2
  • @jr@mac said:

Vacation day drinking FTW.

Happy vacation day my friend.

jr@mac
  • edited June 2023

@hifiside said:
    I got roped into working on paint again. The super charger was a little tall so he needed a cowl induction hood so I painted that for him. And now I got roped into buffing out the whole car. Boo.

Well then quit being so damn good at it.

hifisideDrummerEd_Perkins
  • @PWRRYD said:

@hifiside said:
    For you motorheads.

Nice! Old school small block chebby with a 6-71. Strange blower drive setup though. The idler actually reduces the belt rap instead of increasing it. Any idea what's he running for fuel?

He says premium pump gas.

• @Drummer said:
    Beautiful! Speed thrills!

Love this: it sounds live, too not just a mime. Hard rock without being 'heavy metal', opening track of 'Machine Head' and (I think) the Made in Japan albums. That track and 'Lazy' are just great!

Geoff

Drummer
  • not OT, but did not want to make a new thread:

6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • @GeoffMillar said:

@Drummer said:
    Beautiful! Speed thrills!

Love this: it sounds live, too not just a mime. Hard rock without being 'heavy metal', opening track of 'Machine Head' and (I think) the Made in Japan albums. That track and 'Lazy' are just great!

Geoff

100 % live unadulterated raw power from the beginning of my favorite line up! Glenn and David were fantastic together, but this is DP, to me. Machine Head and Made In Japan are just simply killer, no filler!

Steve_LeeGeoffMillar
  • @Silver1omo said:
    not OT, but did not want to make a new thread:

I watched that the other day. Pretty neat.

• Not the best sound, but this Deep Purple show is available on CD with better quality; check Ian Gillan's hair!

Geoff

Steve_LeeDrummer
  • edited June 2023

Remember the TV show "Kung Fu"?

Here's an Australian send-up from the 1980s, apologies if I've already put it up before:
    :

Geoff

jr@macDrummerSteve_Lee
  • Shitty week at work, two vendors took a header over a trip hazard our contractor failed to address.

Just wanted to vent.

kenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • Been lax on speaker stuff. A work buddy from years ago that I stayed in contact with recently got a Honda trail. So I've been working on getting my little Chinese 200cc road worthy after years in mothballs.

Silver1omoSteve_Leekenrhodes6thplanetDrummertajanessquamishdroc
  • Looks like fun to me! I would love to have a dual sport, but I'm afraid my brain would tell me to tackle something my body just can't do anymore. Probably safer if I stick to the pavement. Tear one up for me!

Steve_Lee
  • edited July 2023

It was originally sold as a "Supermotard" with street tires. Hence the fat, small diameter front wheel/tire. I use it mostly on-road, but when driving around I'm often on the lookout for interesting nooks or foot paths off the side of the road. I put the dual sport tires on so I'm a bit more prepared if the pavement ends or I need to hop a curb and trek through some grass or gravel to get to an interesting spot during urban exploration. This can at least get me there reasonably safely if I'm careful. I'm not getting any younger either and my offroad experience is minimal.

I've got a Vstrom 1000 too. Though it needs maintenance also. I just would rather work on a bike with one head. It is also too big and heavy for my tastes. A Versys 650 is probably the sweet spot for me, but those were still too expensive at the time and I have too much fun playing with cheap stuff. The vstrom came up for cheap as a salvage so I had to atleast try. Also if my wife realy does want to ride with me the vstrom does reasonably well.

I started out with an ex500. Always wanted a gs500e too for some reason. Ultra simple air cooled parallel twin. Just enough power to have some fun, but still small enough to get good MPG. Pretty light to throw around in the twisties. New enough that finding second hand parts is still pretty easy. One came up locally for $1k. Trying hard to ignore.

• That's a good looking bike, Drew. I like the Vstroms. Great go fast all day bikes, for decent money. I keep this at my buddies place. He has 5 acres of woods trails with berms, and a few smaller jumps. Hitting the ground hard keeps sucking more as the years accumulate!

DrewsBrewsjr@machifisidesquamishdroc
  • I like to play in the dirt ...

Wifee on my old Tecate4 in a gravel pit we frequented.

Local track circa 89'ish on an 85' cr125

xx

1995'ish. Muddy Creek Raceway, Blountville TN IIRC, that's Doug Debach, Ricky Johnson, and me on the right. Have you ever met a person whom you felt was a superstar ... well, this was the time.

2010 Local track crf450r

Went riding at St. Joe state park a couple weeks ago. First time this year. Really need to find a job with decent pay where I don't have to live there.

Drummersquamishdroc
  • Kornbread, that is awesome! My buddy Rich has ran against some of the guys in Sr. open class. I ride dirt just for fun, once in a while. I've never gotten good enough to feel like I wanted to compete. Pavement is a different story, and I've had friends try to talk me into racing with them, but I never had the time, or the desire to have another hole to throw money into. I love quads, but again, the time that I have extra always goes to weekend band gigs. Glenn.

• I certainly won't get that much air, but me and 'Merica have a birthday tomorrow, and my birthday present is a couple mods short of her maiden voyage.

Drummertajanesjr@machifisidekenrhodessquamishdrocMartyH
  • Happy birthday, Turn2! I need to get back to taking my mountain bike out. In my 20's I was obsessed with it, then marriage and kids came along. I was in the best shape of my life when I rode 5 days a week. That's a great looking bike. Is it a city/ road hybrid? Glenn.

Turn2
  • @Drummer said:
    Kornbread, that is awesome! My buddy Rich has ran against some of the guys in Sr. open class. I ride dirt just for fun, once in a while. I've never gotten good enough to feel like I wanted to compete. Pavement is a different story, and I've had friends try to talk me into racing with them, but I never had the time, or the desire to have another hole to throw money into. I love quads, but again, the time that I have extra always goes to weekend band gigs. Glenn.

I've always done it just for fun, except for maybe my younger days when it seemed I had something to prove. Then it got serious, not so much fun, and I had to step back for a while, but it kept me in decent shape and out of the other bad things the other kids were into. 50+ and still love it. When I'm riding, there is a serenity, a cleaning of every single thing, big or small, out of my head with the only thoughts being the bike, dirt, and me.

Everybody has their Happy Gilmore place, and riding is mine ... especially if you throw in a couple buddies.

Drummer
  • edited July 2023

I wish I would have started riding motorcycles earlier in life. I didn't think I had enough money during my first marriage, then the along came the kids and that sucked it all out of my wallet. When the youngest turned 16, he traded a junk car for a junk Honda Shadow without telling us. My wife was ticked, but that opened the door for me. A few years and 4 bikes later, I think I found a keeper! Yeah, it's a "Dad Bike" but it's so much more fun than the Street Glide was, at least for me.

Drummersquamishdrocjhollander
  • So true!! Here are a couple more of my other therapy machines. Riding with the right friends is right up there with playing music with the right people!

tajanessquamishdrocjhollander